Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

are you using multiple monitors?
no I use only one monitor connected on Radeon VII but I tried to plug it back and forth via DP while I as was in OSX and both are working fine.

Besides my previous questions, I seem to have run into a new more urgent issue...
I can no longer log into Appstore, FaceTime, or iMessage. I get an error: "You cannot sign in to <whatever> on this Mac at this time." Says I need to contact Apple Support and gives me a Customer Code....

Only thing I did recently was I disabled the boot protect/boot strap option in OpenCore Configurator, restarted and reset NVRAM on reboot.

Not sure what to do. When I created the Serial Number, I checked on checkcoverage.apple.com to make sure it wasn't in use... My serial came up as "We’re sorry, but this serial number isn’t valid." Which I read is what I want to happen.
I definitely don't want something to mess up my apple account...

I tried to logout of my account by going to System Pref > Apple ID > Overview > Sign Out, then rebooted and signed back in. It then let me into the Appstore again (but who knows for how long), but I still can't sign into iMessage or FaceTime...

Do I need to recreate a new config.plist with a new serial and UUID?
Should I "remove" this current machine from my account first? Never had this happen before.

Glad to hear it! iMac20,2 as well...
@CaseySJ when switching to 20,2 using ocd 0.6.1 dev version, am In right in saying that you also need to update your EFI to OC 0.6.1?

How I did this:

I looked at my notes when I was playing around with z390 in May and my best result there with i9 9900k of 2:47 seconds I got after I was able to get same view above with both card showing in Graphics/Display section.

Thing is that I read in my notes but forgot in the start that you have to select IGPU as a primary display and not GPU and also to patch iGPU FB. What I did here I just pasted FB patch from my old z390 and it worked.

After that I was getting rendering of 5 minutes and 9 seconds which was 2 minutes faster but still not good enough.

Then I was playing around with different versions of radeonboost.kext also tried different version of WEG and then I said lets try without WEG and boom everything working as it should, rendering finally down to 2:38 seconds and fans kicking in while rendering.
@CaseySJ Imovie also not crashing and working just fine.

thanks and good luck
Good job! That’s what I mean when I often say “we must become our own first line of defense” when we choose to build a Hackintosh.

So it seems the two factors are:
  • Changing “Initial Display Output” in BIOS to iGPU
  • Disabling WhateverGreen
Note that disabling WEG means that all of those framebuffer properties (“framebuffer-con0-busid”, ...) will not be used.

Besides my previous questions, I seem to have run into a new more urgent issue...
I can no longer log into Appstore, FaceTime, or iMessage. I get an error: "You cannot sign in to <whatever> on this Mac at this time." Says I need to contact Apple Support and gives me a Customer Code....

Only thing I did recently was I disabled the boot protect/boot strap option in OpenCore Configurator, restarted and reset NVRAM on reboot.

Not sure what to do. When I created the Serial Number, I checked on checkcoverage.apple.com to make sure it wasn't in use... My serial came up as "We’re sorry, but this serial number isn’t valid." Which I read is what I want to happen.
I definitely don't want something to mess up my apple account...

I tried to logout of my account by going to System Pref > Apple ID > Overview > Sign Out, then rebooted and signed back in. It then let me into the Appstore again (but who knows for how long), but I still can't sign into iMessage or FaceTime...

Do I need to recreate a new config.plist with a new serial and UUID?
Should I "remove" this current machine from my account first? Never had this happen before.
You have the right idea. But first check if you have an Ethernet device en0:
  • System Information --> Network
Screen Shot 2020-08-29 at 4.51.25 AM.png
If you don't have en0, stop and let us know.

If you have en0, then:
  1. Logout of iCloud
  2. Remove the machine from iCloud account (login via browser at iCloud.com)
  3. Reboot
  4. Log back into iCloud
If the problem with FaceTime and Messages persists, then try logging out of iCloud on other devices as well (iPhone, iPad, other Macs) and then log back into those same devices. Then repeat the above 4 steps on the Hackintosh.

Few more questions for my new build:

1. Can I re-enable SIP or will it break anything?

2. Do I re-enable SIP just by changing E7030000 to 00000000 in the NVRam > Add > csr-active-config section? Not sure if I'm supposed to do something else. Dortania's guide mentions something about the Delete section instead, but it confused me.

3. I want to use a 2nd SSD with Catalina installed (cloned from my working Catalina install) as a testing ground for different things so I don't break my main install. I followed the CCC backup in the guide to create it.
But in order to use the cloned SSD, should I redo its EFI config.plist and create a brand new UUID, serial, etc? Or can I use the same ones as my main install? I don't want to get my apple account in trouble.

Thanks!
Yes, SIP can be enabled. Simply change E7030000 to 00000000. Then perform Reset NVRAM at OpenCore Picker.

I am currently booting Catalina and Big Sur on the Vision D using the same EFI folder. So exactly the same configuration for both operating systems. No issue.

@CaseySJ when switching to 20,2 using ocd 0.6.1 dev version, am In right in saying that you also need to update your EFI to OC 0.6.1?
Yes that’s right. When 0.6.1 is officially released I’ll update the EFI in the main build guide.

Some observations of BIOS F6 for Vision-G: There is already a [_STA] method declared for device [H_EC] in the firmware DSDT, so we get an ACPI remark on boot that [_STA] method already exists.

Screen Shot 2020-08-29 at 8.53.11 AM.png

Luckily for us it is also returning zero already, so we can omit part of our SSDT-EC.aml file. Trimmed file attached.

Screen Shot 2020-08-29 at 8.53.11 AM.png

Also there appears to be a problem with the firmware SSDT-6 which relates to Thermal Zone sensors and fan speeds. The firmware SSDT compiles incorrectly, and could cause issues getting sensor readings in our fav programs (I'm an iStat Menus user myself). I'll see if I can find a patch for that but ACPI is not my strong suit at all.

All in all a smooth build. Thank you to @CaseySJ and @Ayvan for all of their pioneering work on this chipset!

EDIT: The TZ10 errors are in firmware SSDT-3, not SSDT-6.

Attachments

• SSDT-EC.aml.zip
    670 bytes · Views: 73
Last edited:
Some observations of BIOS F6 for Vision-G: There is already a [_STA] method declared for device [H_EC] in the firmware DSDT, so we get an ACPI remark on boot that [_STA] method already exists.

View attachment 486174

Luckily for us it is also returning zero already, so we can omit part of our SSDT-EC.aml file. Trimmed file attached.

View attachment 486174

Also there appears to be a problem with the firmware SSDT-6 which relates to Thermal Zone sensors and fan speeds. The firmware SSDT compiles incorrectly, and could cause issues getting sensor readings in our fav programs (I'm an iStat Menus user myself). I'll see if I can find a patch for that but ACPI is not my strong suit at all.

All in all a smooth build. Thank you to @CaseySJ and @Ayvan for all of their pioneering work on this chipset!
On the Designare Z390 there is also a minor bug in the Thermal Zone SSDT, but fortunately it has no ill effects and we can monitor fan speeds and various system temps.

On Z490 Vision D, that minor bug does not exist.

On Z490 Vision G, if you are seeing that bug in SSDT-6, please do the following in Terminal so we can localize the problem and determine what impact, if any, it has:
Code:
log show --last boot | head -700 > ~/Documents/bootlog.txt
This will create a file in Documents called bootlog.txt. Please forward that file along with SSDT-6.

On the Designare Z390 there is also a minor bug in the Thermal Zone SSDT, but fortunately it has no ill effects and we can monitor fan speeds and various system temps.

On Z490 Vision D, that minor bug does not exist.

On Z490 Vision G, if you are seeing that bug in SSDT-6, please do the following in Terminal so we can localize the problem and determine what impact, if any, it has:
Code:
log show --last boot | head -700 > ~/Documents/bootlog.txt
This will create a file in Documents called bootlog.txt. Please forward that file along with SSDT-6.

Hi! Documents attached. Note: This is NOT the SSDT that shows up in MacIASL; There is no reference to TZ10 in MacIASL even though it shows in the boot log. This was extracted via SysReport in OpenCore then decompiled via iasl in windows.

Attachments

• bootlog.txt
    108 KB · Views: 166
  • Native SSDT-3.dsl
    341.7 KB · Views: 61
Back