Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Do you realize that your wish isn’t currently possible on z490, as Comet lake-s runs in PCIE 3.0 mode? The top speed you’re gonna get is roughly 3500 MB/sec.

To get faster the speeds you need PCIe 4.0, and at the moment that is AMD only. We’re hoping Rocket lake-s brings pcie 4.0 to z490, but for now we’re stuck on pcie 3.0.

Still looking for a reason why my original performance was 2500, and now it's 3500 by shuffling devices in PCI slots. Going off of the mobo manual it should have improved nothing. Thanks for setting me straight on the current state of affairs though.

Hi all; is there a 5700 XT Radeon that’s better ? Powercolor vs other? Thanks!

My computer no longer does the double boot cycle from a cold boot - really starting to think there might be a problem with this motherboard. It still appears to run fine, but there’s a few unexplained things going on!

could anyone comment as to whether this would be the equivalent Youbo Wifi Adapter?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1750Mbps-B...uetooth-4-0-Desktop-WiFi-Adapter/203060468249

Amazon in Canada is sold out of the youbo. I purchased my last hackintosh wifi card from those guys and never had an issue. All the images in the advert appear to be identical to the Youbo.
It's difficult to say. I think you may have to decide for yourself whether or not to take a chance on this product.

After reading the first post and the latest posts about TB3 and some issue's with the QNAP, I have a question.
I have QNAP's and a TerraMaster both with TB3.
Are there any known Issue's with a TerraMaster and TB3?

anyone on a Big Sur having issue with sleep? Does not go to sleep after I moved to Big Sur, it will just turn off display but computer will still run and also tried to remove 1200 Fanvi and Asus 10 gbit but still the same. It was better that I did not go with Big Sur for now :(

I just tried with iMac Pro 1.1 instead 19.1 and it went to sleep lol

Last edited:
U
anyone on a Big Sur having issue with sleep? Does not go to sleep after I moved to Big Sur, it will just turn off display but computer will still run and also tried to remove 1200 Fanvi and Asus 10 gbit but still the same. It was better that I did not go with Big Sur for now :(

Using imac19,1 (patiently waiting to use imac20,1) and both Catalina and Big Sur sleep just fine.

I have Apollo UAD2 with latest version v9.12.2
on my previously GA-Z170X-UD5-TH Apollo work! (already 3-4 years)
MacBook Pro - work as usual with same TB2 cable.
only z490 vision-D not work!:(
I guess that's my mainboard Z490 vision-D had some thunderbolt issue, I should exchange it because I purchased it only few days ago.
Unfortunately, I do not think that a replacement Vision D will make a difference. Instead, please do this:
  • Connect the UAD and power it on before booting the system.
  • I believe there is a "RESET" function on the UAD. If so, reset the UAD.
  • Now boot into macOS.
  • Download and run IORegistryExplorer and select File --> Save As..., then post the saved file.
  • Also post screenshot of System Information --> PCI.

Hi all; is there a 5700 XT Radeon that’s better ? Powercolor vs other? Thanks!
Although the question of 'better' can be complicated to answer, we can instead ask 'which 5700 XT cards are known to work well in a Hackintosh?'

Some answers to that question are:
Only the MSI card is currently known to have issues (although a patch is available).

Using imac19,1 (patiently waiting to use imac20,1) and both Catalina and Big Sur sleep just fine.
Same here. Using Big Sur on three systems -- all iMac19,1 -- with no sleep/wake issues.

Back