Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Successfully deployed my first Hackintosh thanks to this build!

Gigabyte Z490 Vision G
Intel i5 10400
Gigabyte Radeon RX580 8Gb
Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1Tb M.2
32Gb Ram (Corsair Vengeance 2x 16GB RAM DDR4, 3200MHz)

Had trouble with my initial Clover install then stumbled on this (very similar) build so figured I'd try following the steps.
BOOM!!! I stuck to the steps verbatim and it installed and booted first time and took less than an hour! Brilliant write-up, step-by-step instructions and attached file sets! Thank you CaseySJ!

The ONLY 2 small changes to the step-by-step instructions I'd suggest are to do with the "Vision G" - specific part.

(1) Suggest a spoiler link for the "Vision G" peeps before end of Step 4 (ie: during OpenCore Configurator and before Copy EFI folder to EFI partition).

(2) The name of the file in the G Package is “SSDT-UIAC-VISION-G-V2.aml” so I have used this file name in place for both the below steps:
  • In the OpenCore ACPI folder, replace SSDT-UIAC-VISION-D-V2.aml with SSDT-UIAC-VISION-G-V1.aml located in the attached Vision G Package.zip
  • Then open config.plist in OpenCore Configurator and change the rename SSDT-UIAC-VISION-D-V2.aml to SSDT-UIAC-VISION-G-V1.aml in the ACPI section.
Unfortunately I'm stuck with my wired USB kbd/mouse while my Magic Mouse & KBD await a working Bluetooth/Wireless solution - awaiting components. Wired Internet for now - works great!

G.
Thank you for the edits; both changes have been made.

Poll: Does *ANYONE* following this thread with a Z390 / Z490 system and with an RX5700XT have a completely stable system? No unexpected restarts under load/benchmarks etc? It seems there are not a lot of completely working 5700XT based systems, if any...

Thanks!
Item 2 in my signature is a Z390 Designare with PowerColor Red Dragon RX 5700 XT. The system is totally solid even when running multiple back-to-back benchmarks. It's running Catalina 10.15.6 with Clover 5120, but OC 0.6.0 produces the same stable outcome.

Item 2 in my signature is a Z390 Designare with PowerColor Red Dragon RX 5700 XT. The system is totally solid even when running multiple back-to-back benchmarks. It's running Catalina 10.15.6 with Clover 5120, but OC 0.6.0 produces the same stable outcome.

Thank you for indulging me here; I find the quality of the info in your threads to be considerably higher than in other areas of this site :)

1. I haven't reported this to Gigabyte. Just through their web support is best?
2. I tried the DIMMs one at a time in all of the slots. Nothing!
3. I moved the m.2 nvme into the middle slot before I did anything.

I have exactly the same issue with Corsair Vengeance 2 x 16GB 3200MHz DIMMs. Motherboard version 1.1, only SSD installed (no Wifi/BT yet), multiple tries running up to POST code 44 and finally error display from BIOS. Removing X.M.P. Profile 1 solves the issue. Will order alternative memory to eliminate the memory itself....

I have exactly the same issue with Corsair Vengeance 2 x 16GB 3200MHz DIMMs. Motherboard version 1.1, only SSD installed (no Wifi/BT yet), multiple tries running up to POST code 44 and finally error display from BIOS. Removing X.M.P. Profile 1 solves the issue. Will order alternative memory to eliminate the memory itself....
Exact same RAM and situation here. Please keep me posted and thank you!

Thank you for indulging me here; I find the quality of the info in your threads to be considerably higher than in other areas of this site :)
Alas I know my reply does not help to solve the stability issues you're seeing. It just suggests that macOS can be completely stable with an RX 5700 XT. It may be advisable to pursue the dreaded Process of Elimination or to even jump the gun and install fresh copy of Catalina on a spare SSD to see if the system is stable under load. If a clean system is stable under load, then it certainly suggests that a not-clean system may be responsible. Certain applications or drivers might be causing problems.

Exact same RAM and situation here. Please keep me posted and thank you!
To All:

Is anyone else using Corsair Vengeance 16GB DIMM modules? If so, please let us know if your system can boot with X.M.P. Profile 1 enabled on a Z490 Vision D or Vision G.

I'm using G.Skill TridentZ 3200 MHz 16GB DIMMs (2 of them for 32GB). XMP Profile 1 is enabled with no issues.

I have one: it's very stable.

Poll: Does *ANYONE* following this thread with a Z390 / Z490 system and with an RX5700XT have a completely stable system? No unexpected restarts under load/benchmarks etc? It seems there are not a lot of completely working 5700XT based systems, if any...

Thanks!

To All:

Is anyone else using Corsair Vengeance 16GB DIMM modules? If so, please let us know if your system can boot with X.M.P. Profile 1 enabled on a Z490 Vision D or Vision G.

I'm using G.Skill TridentZ 3200 MHz 16GB DIMMs (2 of them for 32GB). XMP Profile 1 is enabled with no issues.
I’ve got 32GB of Corsair Vengeance LPX (2x16GB) installed, XMP works no problem.

thanks for replying to this. I was second guessing if adding a second fan would cause space issues. Glad to know it is a safe go! just figuring out a build right now.

Attachments

• 6F4CAD33-407C-4FED-B2ED-3C8E0DCA1A86.jpeg
    6F4CAD33-407C-4FED-B2ED-3C8E0DCA1A86.jpeg
    95.2 KB · Views: 90
Back