Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Hi! I´d like to report everything´s been working great so far. I got some results from Cinebench and Geekbench. I just had some crashes working with cinema4d using Prorender, but so far the system looks promising.
I was able to get my Magic Mouse running flawless with the Bluetooth driver that was provided by counterfactual.
Now I just have a doubt. I can´t find neither the Fenvi nor the Youbo card here in Argentina. Apparently, they can't be shipped by Amazon, and they´re no longer available in Newegg.
The only options for wifi PCIe cards here are TP-Link. Any thoughts on whether this might work? https://listado.mercadolibre.com.ar/wifi-pcie#D[A:wifi pcie] (this is what there is to it here).
I was thinking of trying this drivers: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...drivers-for-7265ac-on-catalina.292207/page-10
Did anyone try something like this to use the internal wifi card?

Screen Shot 2020-08-15 at 18.45.05.png
Screen Shot 2020-08-15 at 18.52.04.png
Screen Shot 2020-08-15 at 18.55.45.png

Hello @Higgie,

We should install the Windows M.2 SSD "above" the macOS SSD. Windows SSD does not have to be in the top (M2A) slot. If the macOS SSD is in the bottom (M2P) slot, then Windows can be in the middle (M2M) slot.

Because you are already making bootable backups (and have a dedicated Catalina Back SSD -- kudos!), it's fairly safe to upgrade to both OpenCore 0.6.0 and Catalina 10.15.6. We should start with one of the two template configs provided in the 0.6.0 mini guide (config-AMD-GPU.plist in your case), rename it to config.plist, and transfer the System Serial Number, System UUID, and Board Serial Number into it.

This is an odd issue -- first time someone has experienced and/or reported it. If you are not using PCIe Slot 2, then try setting PCIe Bifurcation Support to 16 / 0 / 0. This is in Settings --> IO Ports in BIOS.

The OpenCore developers (a group known as acidanthera) have modified all of their SSDTs to include:
Code:
if (_OSI ("Darwin"))
{
   // then do Mac stuff
}
This makes the SSDTs compatible with both Windows and Mac, so it's okay to boot Windows through OpenCore. You will note that I have not added this to the USB port mapping SSDT, but that is perfectly fine because that SSDT relies upon USBInjectAll.kext, which is obviously a Mac kernel extension. So the USB SSDT will have no effect in Windows.

The build went so well
That I decided to invest in as much memory as possible

Screen Shot 2020-08-17 at 19.19.00.png
b9e7b5ea-e8ea-46b0-ac82-2178cf12a6ef.jpg
e79fcbae-4ec2-444b-a87e-efa3b980ac49.jpg

Hi! I´d like to report everything´s been working great so far. I got some results from cinebench and geekbench. I just had some crashes working with cinema4d using Prorender, but so far the system looks promising.
I was able to get my magic mouse running flawless with the bluetooth driver that was provided by counterfactual.
Glad to hear it.
Now I just have a doubt. I can´t find neither the Fenvi nor the Youbo card here in Argentina, and apparently they can´t be shipped by amazon and they´re no longer available in newegg.
The only options for wifi pcie cards here are TP-Link. Any thoughts on wether this might work? https://listado.mercadolibre.com.ar/wifi-pcie#D[A:wifi pcie] (this is what there is to it here).
I was thinking of trying this drivers: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...drivers-for-7265ac-on-catalina.292207/page-10
Did anyone try something like this to use the internal wifi card?
I recently tried the AppleIntelWiFi module on the Z390 Designare, but not on the Z490 Vision D. I may try this later in the week. Last time I checked, the kext does not include support for Intel AX201 that comes in the Vision D, but there is a procedure to manually insert the AX201 firmware into the kext.

Meanwhile, you might also try searching the Argentine Amazon or other retailers for "Broadcom 94360CD" (desktop module) or "Broadcom 94360CS2" (mobile module). These are mini-PCIe devices that need to be connected to a PCIe card such as this:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017YQHEA6/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Here's an example of a 94360CD module:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082X86SV3/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

We connect the module to the PCIe adapter, then plug the PCIe adapter into an available slot (short slot preferred).

I can use some help though not related to the vision D but to the Gigabyte gaming M (Z390). I built two for my grandkids. Everything works perfectly pretty much like a real MAC. Can sign into icloud, messages work, itunes store works. The only thing that does not work is the app store. When you sign in it appears normal but after you sign in, it does not sign in. There is no message. At first I was able to sign in but apps would not install. You would press install and it would seem like it was installing. When It finished it would still say get. It is not my account because it works fine on my Vision D Hackintosh and my macBook Pro. Their accounts work on their parents iMAC.

Attached is the EFI which is modified from the vision D.

My account full works on my backup machine which is a gaming M but it is Clover.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4 MB · Views: 49
Hi! I just wanted to say I tried with this driver https://openintelwireless.github.io/ and I was able to connect to wifi using the native intel cnvi card... so far it´s working... I had to try to connect a few times.. but it seems working.
I´ll keep you guys posted... the latest version was released today! :D
Btw: I was able to enable the bluetooth on the cnvi card as well with the guide provided in the first page of this thread.
Of course, I´m not able to use airdrop.... but wifi and bluetooth seem to be working great so far without buying any additional card...
Not sure if it´s working great... but here´s my speedtest.
Screen Shot 2020-08-17 at 14.20.28.png

Last edited:
The build went so well
That I decided to invest in as much memory as possible
Hi,ICEVISION
Nice nzxt bulid!
I have a problem with same build, I updated opencore 0.6.1beta using Casey's OC-060-VISION-D efi
then I fresh installed 10.15.6 (19G2021) using Imac 20,1 smbios
eveything works fine,except bluethooth doesn't work anymore
both bluethooth firmware version and mac address are missing,
I am using Fenvi FV-T919 card and i7 10700k with vision d
Can you share your efi file without your board Serial
where I can check what setting I was missing.
Thanks
Screen Shot 2020-08-16 at 8.22.40 PM.png

@CaseySJ

My typical boot time from the OpenCore picker to Login is now around the ~35 second mark. With my specs, could it be quicker? I added the -v flag to your config.plist to see where it hangs most noticeably and took a picture. Disk3s2 refers to the Apple_APFS partition on my Catalina Backup SSD - this typically hangs for about 8-10 seconds. Can this be remedied?

Attachments

• IMG_0543.JPG
    IMG_0543.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 38
Last edited:
quick question:

I did the update to OC 0.6.0 and everything is smooth sailing except now I have the "install MacOS" coming up when I boot up as the first option, as well as MacOS but since its listed first, If I don't manually select MacOS (which I usually do anyway) it will go into installation mode. This wasnt like his before the update.

I noticed a bunch of Recovery partitions when I use the MountEFI utility so im sure I need to delete one but a little unsure how or which one to delete as Ive never done that sort of thing... #noob

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-08-17 at 2.54.19 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-17 at 2.54.19 PM.png
    849.9 KB · Views: 46
  • Screen Shot 2020-08-17 at 3.00.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-17 at 3.00.14 PM.png
    69.9 KB · Views: 60
Back