Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

You may like THIS as well. Goes hand in hand with the above driver to allow native macOS wireless menu control, rather than Heliport or adding your own SSID/PW to the kext.
I reviewed that a few days ago, but it depends on a special branch of OpenCore that includes this commit:

Screen Shot 2020-08-08 at 12.52.25 PM.png

This has not yet been merged into the Master branch so a special build of OC 0.6.0 is needed (or we can compile the special branch ourselves):
Screen Shot 2020-08-08 at 12.53.59 PM.png

I reviewed that a few days ago, but it depends on a special branch of OpenCore that includes this commit:

View attachment 483380

This has not yet been merged into the Master branch so a special build of OC 0.6.0 is needed (or we can compile the special branch ourselves):
View attachment 483381

It would be interesting how this results. A few days ago I successfully loaded the drivers, but signal was terrible (I did not actually test speed as I use ethernet) and the card indicated RU country code on the Wi-Fi menu.

Definitely a bug in the driver as I had one bar of signal despite the Wi-Fi AP being 2 feet away from my PC.

Hey Casey!
Keep up the amazing work.

I was wondering if it’s a good idea to buy an F series cpu at this point. Not sure if the imacpro or Mac Pro smbioses are viable for z490.

Does macOS, looking for a T2 chip for certain tasks, pose an issue?

I guess investigating the imac20,1 smbios is something that’s already on your plate.

Last edited:
Big Sur here

Major visual update !!

Hello friends

I'm at a complete loss here so I hope I could get some help here.

I actually successfully did an installation in June, everything worked fine except for some minor hiccups. Unfortunately the SSD died on me (after 2 months of use) so I have to go through this process again. Strangely this time I couldn't even get the installation started.

What I did this time is that I created the installation USB drive, copied the 0.6.0 version of the EFI I downloaded from this thread. But when I boot from the installation drive, it only gives me 2 options, installation and a command line prompt. I vaguely remember from the last installation there were a bunch of options (including the unlock CFG thing). I pressed on the installation option and the apple logo shows up, and then it just stuck there without any progress bar at all. I've tried removing the wifi card since the last time I didn't have the wifi card but still got the same result.

Can someone point some directions where the problem might be? The thing that frustrates me is that during the first installation I didn't have this problem at all, so it must be something I did wrong. But I have no idea what it could be because right now the machine is completely clean. The hardware seems fine because I have windows 10 installed on a different drive and it works fine.

Also I'm using the z490 UD version, not the vision d, but it didn't give me any significant issue the first time.

Thanks!

Hello friends

I'm at a complete loss here so I hope I could get some help here.

I actually successfully did an installation in June, everything worked fine except for some minor hiccups. Unfortunately the SSD died on me (after 2 months of use) so I have to go through this process again. Strangely this time I couldn't even get the installation started.

What I did this time is that I created the installation USB drive, copied the 0.6.0 version of the EFI I downloaded from this thread. But when I boot from the installation drive, it only gives me 2 options, installation and a command line prompt. I vaguely remember from the last installation there were a bunch of options (including the unlock CFG thing). I pressed on the installation option and the apple logo shows up, and then it just stuck there without any progress bar at all. I've tried removing the wifi card since the last time I didn't have the wifi card but still got the same result.

Can someone point some directions where the problem might be? The thing that frustrates me is that during the first installation I didn't have this problem at all, so it must be something I did wrong. But I have no idea what it could be because right now the machine is completely clean. The hardware seems fine because I have windows 10 installed on a different drive and it works fine.

Also I'm using the z490 UD version, not the vision d, but it didn't give me any significant issue the first time.

Thanks!
So you didn't make a backup?? See why I keep emphasizing the need for (bootable) backups?

At the OpenCore Pickup, press spacebar to reveal extra options. Also go through Post #1 again. It's all broken down Step by Step.

Back