Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

@Josu Big Sur runs well on Comet Lake on the Vision D. Just have to use Opencore 0.6.0. And cpuid emulation.

presumably at some point we’ll graduate from using imac19,1 to iMac20,1.

** macOS Big Sur Public Beta on Z490 Vision D **
  • Installation was done to an external SATA SSD by first creating a new USB installer using slightly modified Step 2 from Post #1.
  • CPU ID was masked as follows:
    • Cpuid1Data was changed to EB060800 00000000 00000000 00000000
    • Cpuid1Mask was changed to FFFFFFFF 00000000 00000000 00000000
    • See screenshot down below
  • System rebooted 4 times.
  • One of the reboots will take extra long time so be patient. You will see Forcing CS_RUNTIME for entitlement. This may take 10 minutes or so...just be patient.
P.S. Big Sur looks especially nice in 4K.

Screen Shot 2020-08-08 at 6.29.44 AM.png

The only change needed to the OpenCore 0.6.0 EFI is the following:
Screen Shot 2020-08-08 at 6.27.59 AM.png

Last edited:
I am getting a message on OC 6.0 before the picker that reads no Schema... can't read the rest because it goes directly to the picker and the message disappears. When I use the .59 efi, I don't get a message. Does anyone know what it means?

I am getting a message on OC 6.0 before the picker that reads no Schema... can't read the rest because it goes directly to the picker and the message disappears. When I use the .59 efi, I don't get a message. Does anyone know what it means?
There may be a minor issue in the config.plist. Try the following:
  • Download OpenCore Configurator 2.9.0.0 and its Preferences to 0.6.0 Release Version as per the updated mini-guide.
  • Open config-AMD-GPU.plist in OpenCore Configurator and enter your serial number, board serial number and System UUID into PlatformInfo.
  • Save the file as just config.plist
Now try booting once again.

There may be a minor issue in the config.plist. Try the following:
  • Download OpenCore Configurator 2.9.0.0 and its Preferences to 0.6.0 Release Version as per the updated mini-guide.
  • Open config-AMD-GPU.plist in OpenCore Configurator and enter your serial number, board serial number and System UUID into PlatformInfo.
  • Save the file as just config.plist
Now try booting once again.
The information is there. Does this look correct? I don't know why it is 0.6.1 Development Configuration. Actually, fixed it in preferences to 0.6.0 Release.

Screen Shot 2020-08-08 at 11.43.46 AM.png

Last edited:
CaseySJ. I rest the configurator to 0.6.0. Saved config.plist, rebooted and the message was gone. I must have been using 0.6.1 development to save. Could that have been the problem all along? Seems like i since I made no changes to the config.plist file.

Thanks for your help. I put me on the right track.

Bob

...I must have been using 0.6.1 development to save. Could that have been the problem all along? ...
It's quite possible. This is why OpenCore is still version 0! Technically 0.6.0, but the major version is still 0. ;)

@CaseySJ
Thanks again for your continuous work! Looking forward to try Big Sur.

BTW there seem to be a working Wi-Fi driver for Intel AX201 module! (https://github.com/OpenIntelWireless/itlwm - latest alpha in Releases)
Did you have a chance to try it out? I'm kind of tempted but won't have time until next week or so!

Back