Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

My biggest annoyance at present with this build is I cannot wakeup my machine from sleep with my OSXWiFi BCM943602CDP combo card via Keyboard/Mouse. I have to use the Power button on my case to do so (or any non-Bluetooth USB peripheral). This card has a blue power light that shuts off when I go into Sleep. I have Wake on LAN disabled in BIOS (and in MacOS) and ErP disabled. I have this model plugged into my PCI-e x4 slot since it's the only one still accessible as the PCI-e x 16 slot is consumed by my RX 580 and that covers the PCI-e x1 slot).

Otherwise, everything is working perfectly. A little assistance would be great.

@jminiman Hey, I have Fenvi T919 and had similar issue but then I changed this setting and it works with apple keyboard:
1596754501148.png

Although mine is BCM4360, I think it worth a try.

Hello @Hoasuthai07,

Are you using Platform ID 0x3E9B0007? In other words, in Step 4 of the build guide, did you choose config-Intel-iGPU.plist? Because you have an AMD GPU, the correct choice would be config-AMD-GPU.plist.

Everything is working properly now. Many thanks.

Many thanks to the build guide. I used it to install on my Asus Prime H470-Plus with an i7-10700 switching out original Ethernet kext to the RT8111 kext. Still testing. My Geekbench should be over 9K but am getting around 7.5K multicore. Not sure what the issue is. I will report as I continue.....:headbang:

Update (8/7/20): changed BIOS on motherboard from Auto to Performance mode in AI tweaks and got 8.5K multicore. Cinebench improved from 3677 to 4975 as well. :eek:

Last edited:
Thanks to you guys, I have a very smooth running dual boot Gigabyte Z490 Vision D System.

I just installed a 2nd NVMe disk (in the slot closest to the cpu) and installed Windows on it. I know the guide said to install Windows first, but that wans't an option back then. My computer now boots directly to Windows, which I won't be using that often. Do you know how to change it back to open core? The only boot device I see in the bios is Windows.

I just installed a 2nd NVMe disk (in the slot closest to the cpu) and installed Windows on it. I know the guide said to install Windows first, but that wans't an option back then. My computer now boots directly to Windows, which I won't be using that often. Do you know how to change it back to open core? The only boot device I see in the bios is Windows.

Please try if you can still boot into macOS with an USB stick. If it’s possible you should be able to use a tool to mount the EFI partition and set it back up on your macOS SSD. This might cause Windows boot issues though

Last edited:
Please try if you can still boot into macOS with an USB stick. If it’s possible you should be able to use a tool to mount the EFI partition and set it back up on your macOS SSD. This might cause Windows boot issues though

I can still boot into OpenCore by holding F12 while booting, so not a big problem. I just use Catalina way more than Windows, so I'd like that to be the default

Last edited:
I can still boot into OpenCore by holding F12 while booting, so not a big problem. I just use Catalina way more than Windows, so I'd like that to be the default
Some comments:
  • When installing Windows we should create an EFI partition on the Windows SSD itself.
    • Windows will install its boot loader into this EFI partition
  • We should physically disconnect or remove all macOS SSDs.
    • If we don't do this:
      • Windows might not install
      • Windows might install its boot loader on the macOS SSD
Suggestion:
  • As mentioned by @one07, boot from the USB flash disk and select macOS from the OpenCore Picker
  • Mount EFI partition of macOS SSD
  • Inside the EFI folder do you see both of these:
    • OC folder
    • Windows or Microsoft folder
  • Is there an EFI partition on the Windows SSD?
    • If yes, then move the Windows or Microsoft folder to the EFI partition on the Windows SSD (into the EFI folder in that partition) and delete it from the macOS EFI folder
    • If not, then best option would be to reinstall windows, but create an EFI partition on the Windows SSD. This can be done from the Windows installer itself

Last edited:
iMac20.1

iMac20.1.jpg

iMac20.2

iMac20.2.jpg

Back