Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Hi CaseySJ,
Many thanks for your excellent build guide.I have some issues with Safari, photo,user & group.
- Safari unable to load apple.com website when I select Enable JavaScript.
- Can not open photo app.
- User & group error when I click edit icon user.
Does anyone have the same issues? And how to fix it?

Many thanks.

I had a similar problem to this and the cause was that I used 'config-Intel-iGPU.plist' instead of 'config-AMD-GPU'.plist' as the basis of my config.plist for my build when I have an AMD GPU.

As soon as I replaced my config.plist with a renamed 'config-AMD-GPU.plist' edited with my own System Serial Number etc, all was good after that.

Last edited:
Hi CaseySJ,
Many thanks for your excellent build guide.I have some issues with Safari, photo,user & group.
- Safari unable to load apple.com website when I select Enable JavaScript.
- Can not open photo app.
- User & group error when I click edit icon user.
Does anyone have the same issues? And how to fix it?

Many thanks.
Hello @Hoasuthai07,

Are you using Platform ID 0x3E9B0007? In other words, in Step 4 of the build guide, did you choose config-Intel-iGPU.plist? Because you have an AMD GPU, the correct choice would be config-AMD-GPU.plist.

Which way is the best of updating current kexts in system?
I believe the best way is to download the updated kexts directly, then copy them into OC/Kexts folder. As good as Hackintool is, it notifies us of beta builds that are tempting to download, but should be avoided.

The LG 27UL500 seems like a good choice. It's a 4K monitor so you'll experience the glory of Retina display. In my opinion (since I use both 27" 1440p and 27" 4K monitors almost daily) a 4K monitor is so much better to look at than 1440p. If you require accurate color, simply look for a monitor that meets those requirements.

Apple Thunderbolt Display is a good monitor, but it's 6 or 7 years old. Time to move on... ;)

Very late to getting caught up on this thread, but I'm running dual LG 27UL650-W displays off of a Sapphire Radeon RX 580 card with HDMI. Both running at 4K with no issue, very clear, good viewing angles. Much better than my old 24" Samsung display...

Back