Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Intel graphics doesn't usually support width > 4096 so you probably won't be able to use 5120x1440 mode. But maybe you will be able to in Big Sur?

I get that screen:

Unfortunately the "continue" option is not visible and pressing "Enter" does not start the process.
Any idea?
I am on HDMI HDMI connection from iGPU with a screen resolution of 3840*1080.

Never been so close from success...

I can't remember off hand the keyboard key combination but you used to be able to use the keyboard to change focus to the 'continue' button and then hit 'enter'. Google will be your friend with that.

Hi all, good job !!!!!

Well I've got an issue with my WiFi/BT card BCM943602CS on PCIe, with Bluetooth connected on internal USB2 header.

On Z270, I could fix the "instant wake after sleep", by setting the USB connector to internal (255).

This fix doesn't work for this mobo Z490 Vision D. (I read it could be either the case since Z390?)

If I unplug the USB header on the mobo, sleep works perfectly. So I do know it's something with HS11...

I tried also to fix it through OC/ACPI/SSDT-GPRW.aml with the patch. No way also.

Does any one have a fix for this ? (Of course I tried several darkwake, disable BT wake up in pref panel)

Thanks !!!

And here's the log when instant wake after sleep :
Code:
localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: XDCI PEG1 PEG2 RP04

Wake from Normal Sleep [CDNVA] : due to XDCI PEG1 PEG2 RP04/UserActivity Assertion Using AC (Charge:0%)

Last edited:
Hi all, good job !!!!!

Well I've got an issue with my WiFi/BT card BCM943602CS on PCIe, with Bluetooth connected on internal USB2 header.

On Z270, I could fix the "instant wake after sleep", by setting the USB connector to internal (255).

This fix doesn't work for this mobo Z490 Vision D. (I read it could be either the case since Z390?)

If I unplug the USB header on the mobo, sleep works perfectly. So I do know it's something with HS11...

I tried also to fix it through OC/ACPI/SSDT-GPRW.aml with the patch. No way also.

Does any one have a fix for this ? (Of course I tried several darkwake, disable BT wake up in pref panel)

Thanks !!!

And here's the log when instant wake after sleep :
Code:
localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: XDCI PEG1 PEG2 RP04

Wake from Normal Sleep [CDNVA] : due to XDCI PEG1 PEG2 RP04/UserActivity Assertion Using AC (Charge:0%)
Some questions:
  • Is the WiFi/BT card installed in the PCIE X1 (short) slot?
  • When you tried GPRW, did you also enable the ACPI patch in OpenCore Configurator --> ACPI --> Patch?
  • Have you tried darkwake=8?
  • Please run Activity Monitor, sort the list by % CPU, and see if there's any process that is consuming 100% or more CPU time

Hi thanks for your answer.

Well yes, it's in the PCIE X1 short slot.

Well i unplug the BT usb on the card connected to the onboard HS11 USB2 header, well, sleep works again

Yes i tried darkwake 8 or 0

I tried to put HS11 to internal, but no luck (it was working for this card in Catalina with Gigabyte Z270)

I tried also the patch from https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/usb/misc/instant-wake.html, (GPRW)

and idle CPU at 99%.

So no luck so far...

I tried also to disable everything in the BIOS related to power management > no luck, instant wake due to that internal USB header for BT card

Perhaps, i need to buy a new PCIe Wifi/BT card without that trouble

@epalzeo,

When you sort by % CPU as shown below, is there any process that is using 100% or more of CPU time? In this screenshot we see that Activity Monitor is using the most CPU time, but only 5.5%.

Screen Shot 2020-08-02 at 6.58.16 AM.png

Also take a look at the Sleep Aid guide. If that does not help either, then feel free to try a different WiFi/BT card.

@epalzeo,

When you sort by % CPU as shown below, is there any process that is using 100% or more of CPU time? In this screenshot we see that Activity Monitor is using the most CPU time, but only 5.5%.

View attachment 482619

Also take a look at the Sleep Aid guide. If that does not help either, then feel free to try a different WiFi/BT card.
Thanks for your answer

i checked, no process taking more than 5% of CPU :(

I will follow your link, thanks.

I propose a patch on github to fix another for keyboard : https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore...l#method-1-add-wake-type-property-recommended

Thanks again :)

Same issue, instant wake up, wherever I put the USB connector of internal PCIe Wifi/BT BMC943602CS. I tried no only the internal USB2 header, but also front panel, and all USB back panel > same issue.

To wrap-up, with BMC943602CS card :
- before, wake/sleep was working with only USB map patch to show the connector as internal (255)

With Z490 Vision D, all of this dont work :
- use SSDT-GRPW.aml patch
- use SSDT-UPRW.aml patch
- declare as internal the HS11 where the Bluetooth card is connected
- disable BT wake in pref panel
- disable or enable in bios anything related to power management
- darwake 0, 8

The only thing which works to make this setup sleep/wake : disconnect this Bluetooth card...

Does anyone found a WiFi/Bluetooth card working with setup. ? (Z490 Vision D/10900k...)

Both methods seem to work perfectly:
=> Prevent computer from sleeping auto... CHECKED
OR
=> Wake for network access... UNCHECKED

Thanks a million! Computer is starting to seem "real" at this point. Another week of testing and I'll attempt the Time Machine backup from my MBP and use it more hardcore. If I experience other technical anomalies, is this the correct thread to continue to report them?

I have to say all the baseline setup is working flawlessly at this point: Ready to tidy up cable management now. After all installs and backups, this is always my truly "last step" :)

-J

The first thing to do is uncheck Wake for Network Access and reboot. Then please try sleep/wake again.
View attachment 482555

Back