Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Very strange :( here is the correct zip file. So sorry !
OpenCore does not like the System UUID for some reason. So please edit config.plist in OpenCore Configurator and do STEP 1 and then STEP 2. Save the file, reboot, and see if the installer starts up.

Screen Shot 2020-07-31 at 5.22.55 PM.png

Last edited:
It was an EVGA 850w Supernova G5. Shoulda been decent but didn't play nice I guess.
I have at least two of these. They're quite reliable, but manufacturing mistakes do happen. EVGA provides a very good warranty.

Hmmmm so sorry, I forgot to adjust my GPU signature. It's a Sapphire Nito+ RX5700 :( My bad...
I tried to enable CMs support in bios. No change.
I am connecting through DP
Another thing to try is to disable SSDT-UIAC-VISION-D-V2 and enable V1 in the ACPI section of OpenCore Configurator.

If that also fails, it might be good to temporarily remove the RX 5700 and use the iGPU for installation stage. It will be necessary to use “config-Intel-iGPU.plist” and customize it by entering new serial numbers. You may use either HDMI to HDMI or USB-C to DP cable.

What does the kernel patches for AppleHIDKeyboard do ?

Does this enable the use of only the F1 & F2 keys to control the NativeDisplayBrightness App, meaning you must no longer press both the Fn & F1 or FN & F2 keys ?

Last edited:
I am using the Corsair Commander Pro, and I am having problems with Sleep as the computer is not sleeping. In Z390 there is a hack to make it work (Link to hack). However, it uses Clover. So I have two questions:
1) How to use this hack in Opencore?
2) Is there a custom EFI to use Z490 Vision D with Clover?

I am using the Corsair Commander Pro, and I am having problems with Sleep as the computer is not sleeping. In Z390 there is a hack to make it work (Link to hack). However, it uses Clover. So I have two questions:
1) How to use this hack in Opencore?
2) Is there a custom EFI to use Z490 Vision D with Clover?
That prevents the computer from waking up unless the power button is pressed. In other words, it disables wake-from-USB. Because Bluetooth is connected to USB port, wake-from-Bluetooth is also disabled.

However, for the Corsair Commander Pro, please have a look at this from the spoiler in Post 1:

Screen Shot 2020-08-01 at 6.34.43 AM.png

• What is the model name/number of the Samsung NVMe you're using for Catalina? Is it 970 EVO Plus?
  • What is the make/model of your monitor?
    • Does it support DisplayPort Multi-Stream Transport (MST) for daisy-chaining two monitors?
    • If so, that feature should be disabled.
    • Also, if the monitor's on-board menu supports toggling between DisplayPort 1.1 and 1.2, try DisplayPort 1.1.
  • Did you say you are using HDMI-to-HDMI cable with on-board iGPU?
  • Were you using DisplayPort to DisplayPort cable with the RX 5700 XT?
Also try the attached config.plist in which SSDT-UIAC-VISION-D-V1 is enabled and kernel quirk XhciPortLimit is disabled.

Yes it is Samsung 970 EVO +
Monitor is Samsung 49" C49RG9x 5120*1440
I am currently on iGPU HDMI to HMDI to install Catalina.

With my other Hack (Gigabyte Z370 Gigabyte RX 580) I am using the same Samsung 49" C49RG9x 5120*1440 and DP to DP with the GPU without any problem.

Your last config sent in which SSDT-UIAC-VISION-D-V1 is enabled and kernel quirk XhciPortLimit is disabled leads to the same issues (I have been in the meantime able to reset the NVRAM and boot with verbose showing same issues with CS RunTime forcing and refusing new kext).

Back