Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

No joy - same result at 94.2Mbps down, 92.0 Mbps up under Catalina after making the WiFi interface inactive in Network Preferences. Which of course impacts things like Handoff, so it wouldn't be ideal anyway. I'm going to do a couple more things to ensure it's isolated to this machine off the switch in my office, but that I used to get nearly all Gigabit off the same switch just a week ago...

This is the only real problem I've got with this setup - so hopefully we can solve it! :)
Have you checked Jumbo Frames (MTUs) in System Preferences --> Network --> Advanced... --> Hardware?

Screen Shot 2020-07-16 at 3.11.03 PM.png

Correct; no CPUID emulation needed for me since the beginning. Although I have the 10400, those with 10700K are also not using CPUID as far as I know.

Yes I tested a couple of variations, but alas no success.
Thanks. I will play around with it. I know when I initially tried your EFI not using cpuid emulation it wouldn’t get past the Opencore efi boot stage. It would hang and Wouldn’t transfer control over to the macOS kernel. Could be so since I’m not faking EC device? but As soon as I emulated cpuid, it booted just fine.

Will continue to test. Thanks again for the guide. Was exceedingly helpful. This is my second hackintosh, first being the built years ago on the venerable 6700k on a MSI z170.

Does this happen if WiFi is turned off so that wired Ethernet is the only active option?

I have cable (alas, not fiber) at 150 Mbps although I routinely get more than that. This was taken two minutes ago (www.speedtest.net) using wired Ethernet with WiFi turned off:

View attachment 480667
@mickelsn, @CaseySJ Listed below are results of WiFi and cabled Ethernet connections on one of our Z490 systems, with Fios Gigabit service supplied.

WiFi being the lower score attained.

WiFi.png
Screen Shot 2020-07-16 at 7.00.34 PM.png

Hi everyone!
My GA-Z77x-UD5H just died after 8 years of loyal services.
So time to renew it!
Thanks @CaseySJ for this great tutorial, I've opted for your config:

- Z490 Vision D
- i5-10400 (temporary, hopefully replaced by a Rocket Lake next year)
- 2x16Go G.Skills NEO 3200MHz
Already own:
- PNY 3030 NVMe 1TB (for macOS)
- SSD Samsung EVO 500GB (for Windows)
- Corsair rM850i 850W

A few questions:
As I'm planning dual boot Windows on a SATA SSD for the moment (before maybe switching it on an NVMe in the future)
1- Should I install Windows first on the SATA SSD? (or install order doesn't matter if on SATA SSD?)
2- Which slot should i put my macOS NVMe for fresh installation if I later move my Windows install on a new NVMe?
3- Is N-D-K fork of OpenCore project dead?

SUCCESS!
Just finished my setup an everything looks fine using @CaseySJ EFI! :headbang: (using standard OC:V2-OC-0.5.9-STD-Z490-VISION-D)
I've installed windows first on SATA SSD, then unplugged it, and installed Catalina on (bottom) Nvme drive.
Dual boot working fine!
Now copying Home folders backup manually and reinstalling apps.:clap:

No joy - same result at 94.2Mbps down, 92.0 Mbps up under Catalina after making the WiFi interface inactive in Network Preferences. Which of course impacts things like Handoff, so it wouldn't be ideal anyway. I'm going to do a couple more things to ensure it's isolated to this machine off the switch in my office, but that I used to get nearly all Gigabit off the same switch just a week ago...

This is the only real problem I've got with this setup - so hopefully we can solve it! :)

What does the link speed on your router/switch say the connection is at? Is it possible your Ethernet cable is 100Base-T (Whatever that was, Cat-4?), and not 1000Base-T?

tried installing liquidctl but was no success. I was able to install homebrew and liquidctl.

after I execute liquidctl list, it does not see any device? anything I missed?

tried installing liquidctl but was no success. I was able to install homebrew and liquidctl.

after I execute liquidctl list, it does not see any device? anything I missed?
Caption added to wait for v1.4.0 that is due to be released soon. The beta version has been available for some time, but installation of it is manual (described in one of my posts in this thread). Because 1.4.0 is due soon, it's best to wait for it.

Screen Shot 2020-07-17 at 2.34.22 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-07-17 at 2.38.18 AM.png

I'd like to know, if it is now allowed to talk about Big Sur since it is now available as a public beta.

I'd like to know, if it is now allowed to talk about Big Sur since it is now available as a public beta.
Please provide a reference. We're expecting the public beta around July 22.

Sorry, I had read a few days ago that big sur was released as public beta, but it was probably withdrawn later.

Back