Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

It was one of the BIOS settings. Not sure exactly which one, but when I reset it and went through the settings again carefully it fixed the problem.

Regarding the LAN problem. I tried different cables, removing everything from the network except the hackintosh, plugging it directly to the wan router (i have another ubiquity unifi switch, ap and router) but it did not help. What is also strange is if the hackintosh is plugged in to the switch, then my other computer on the network instantly starts loosing packets and having bad ping, and if I plug out the hackintosh, my other computer instantly drops back to solid pings.
Firmware for the 2.5gbps lan is the latest 1.45.
Are you using Jumbo Frames in the rest of the network? Are all other devices using standard MTU of 1500?

This can be checked from:
  • System Preferences --> Network --> Advanced... --> Hardware --> MTU
Screen Shot 2020-06-30 at 12.34.18 PM.png

@CaseySJ thank you for the link. Tremendously informative.
I must declare, Thunderbolt firmware manipulation is imperative.

The Raspberry Pi process appears quite interesting.
Any suggested favored components prior to us acquiring the needed hardware?
I personally favor the resistor/capacitor circuit with a Raspberry Pi Model 4 (3B is perfectly fine as well). Please read all of the links in the Thunderbolt section of Post #1 at least twice.

This requires patience, steady hands, and excellent close-up vision (your eyes should not strain to focus on the Winbond chip up close).

The Pomona 5250 SOIC clip is NOT recommended for this because it won't hold itself securely on the chip if the motherboard is in a vertical position.

I can flash my board without removing it from the case. There's enough of an opening on the back side.

Follow the Supplemental Procedure linked in the Thunderbolt section.

If you have any specific questions, just ask.

WARNINGS:
  • Nearby surface-mount components can be dislodged from the board if struck by the SOIC clip. Steady hands and excellent close-up vision are essential.
  • Always clip and unclip the Winbond chip gently. Bring the clip straight to the chip and take it straight away from the chip (don't let the clip strike any nearby components on your board).
  • We are not liable for any damage that may occur. So please understand that you are assuming all risk and liability for any damage that may occur.

USB 3.x should work on these boards. Is BIOS set up correctly (XHC Handoff enabled)? Also feel free to post your USBMap and USB SSDT.
thankt a lot @CaseySJ !!

Yes, XHC Handoff is enabled in BIOS.
This Asus Tuf Gaming B460 Plus Is weird though. I think it has a BIOS bug in relationship to iGPU.
The graphic menu is completely empty. Pre allocated, multi monitor stuff is absent. When I unplug the video card then and only then I get the Pre allocated menu and Render Stand By.
Even though I use a i5 10400 I have as SMBIOS iMacPro1,1.
This to say the BIOS might have other bugs.

I've attached the USBPorts.kext created using Hackintool. Tried with USBInjectAll but no difference.
during boot there's some text saying....

Attachments

• Schermata 2020-06-30 alle 22.27.33.png
    Schermata 2020-06-30 alle 22.27.33.png
    964 KB · Views: 48
  • USBPorts.kext.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_2333.jpeg
    IMG_2333.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 54
I personally favor the resistor/capacitor circuit with a Raspberry Pi Model 4 (3B is perfectly fine as well). Please read all of the links in the Thunderbolt section of Post #1 at least twice.

This requires patience, steady hands, and excellent close-up vision (your eyes should not strain to focus on the Winbond chip up close).

The Pomona 5250 SOIC clip is NOT recommended for this because it won't hold itself securely on the chip if the motherboard is in a vertical position.

I can flash my board without removing it from the case. There's enough of an opening on the back side.

Follow the Supplemental Procedure linked in the Thunderbolt section.

If you have any specific questions, just ask.

WARNINGS:
  • Nearby surface-mount components can be dislodged from the board if struck by the SOIC clip. Steady hands and excellent close-up vision are essential.
  • Always clip and unclip the Winbond chip gently. Bring the clip straight to the chip and take it straight away from the chip (don't let the clip strike any nearby components on your board).
  • We are not liable for any damage that may occur. So please understand that you are assuming all risk and liability for any damage that may occur.
@CaseySJ eagerly awaiting shipment. Expected on Friday 3rd.

Thank you Casey! Amazing experience, but i have issue with some kind of laggs when i moving mouse, it's just freezing, like CPU is strugling in some point. No idea what this can be, as under Windows temps were perfectly fine. Which app are you using to monitor frequency and temp?
Now need to find card for airdrop
Netflix is working, so basically almost real MAC from first attempt this is almost perfect.
GeekBench 5 CPU score is 968 and 5946 multicore
OpenCL 31501 and Metal 34576

Thank you Casey! Amazing experience, but i have issue with some kind of laggs when i moving mouse, it's just freezing, like CPU is strugling in some point. No idea what this can be, as under Windows temps were perfectly fine. Which app are you using to monitor frequency and temp?
Now need to find card for airdrop
Netflix is working, so basically almost real MAC from first attempt this is almost perfect.
GeekBench 5 CPU score is 968 and 5946 multicore
OpenCL 31501 and Metal 34576
Hello @Josu,

Glad to hear the build went well. Is the mouse connected to a black USB 2.0 port? Is it wired or wireless?

Hello @Josu,

Glad to hear the build went well. Is the mouse connected to a black USB 2.0 port? Is it wired or wireless?
Wireless, mouse and keyboard as I have Unify Receiver from Logitech. I was thinking about this, but I don't think that this is mouse issue as I has been using this combo long time.
And receiver connected to USB 3.2 port.

Wireless, mouse and keyboard as I have Unify Receiver from Logitech. I was thinking about this, but I don't think that this is mouse issue as I has been using this combo long time.
And receiver connected to USB 3.2 port.
Try moving the Logitech receiver to a black USB 2 port. Also check for any metallic objects between the receiver and the mouse/keyboard.

For those interested in using a FireWire device for audio (or some other purpose) I wanted to report that I have been using this Syba SY-PEX30016 Firewire PCIe card in my system connected to an Apogee Duet FireWire and Apogee Ensemble Firewire, and it is working pretty flawlessly so far without the need to install any drivers or make any other modifications.

It uses the TI XIO2213B Chipset, which has been mentioned favorably for working out of the box in this megathread and elsewhere.

Back