Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Thank you so much good sir! Final question, can the SSDT-TBOLT3-RP05-PORT7-VISION-D be adapted for the flashed GC-Titan Ridge add in card. That is, instead of device RP05 in aml, change it to RP21 (or the relevant address) of the add in card?

Edit: Never mind. It works fine with GC-Titan Ridge. Thunderbolt Bus @ 40 gbps.

Does the GC-Titan Ridge card work in motherboards without the thunderbolt header? In Vision D, with internal thunderbolt off, the GC-Titan Ridge powers on, hotplugs, BUT, although attached thunderbolt devices power on, the OS does not detect the attached device.
The flashed GC-Titan Ridge has its own Thunderbolt DROM Micro-Guide. This can be found in the spoiler labeled Quick Reference to Mini-Guides and Micro-Guides at the top of the Designare Z390 build guide.

GC-Titan Ridge can be used in motherboards that don't have a THB_C header. We have to jump together pins 3 and 5 of the J1 header. This is best done with a F/F breadboard wire such as this one. When you hold the card vertically with the PCIe pins pointing to the floor, pin 3 is the middle pin and pin 5 is the top pin.

Screen Shot 2020-06-27 at 10.00.37 AM.png

Done. Not better. :(
Even tried to reboot afterwards, just in case
Because the CPU name is empty (we only see CPU speed, but not name), are you certain that all modified files were restored? If more than one file was changed, it will be necessary to restore all of them.

Because the CPU name is empty (we only see CPU speed, but not name), are you certain that all modified files were restored? If more than one file was changed, it will be necessary to restore all of them.
I’m sure I restored all the files. This is what it looked like right after installation, just the frequency. Do you think I could have missed something during installation? I’ve been very careful but who knows...

I’m sure I restored all the files. This is what it looked like right after installation, just the frequency. Do you think I could have missed something during installation? I’ve been very careful but who knows...

I got the same behaviour.

Attachments

• about.png
    about.png
    126.9 KB · Views: 95
I got the same behaviour.
Very interesting. BTW your serial number is empty, and that happened to me too, even though I had correctly typed all the information in OpenCore Configurator and saved. I’m so totally certain I had done this correctly, because I tried again after install, and it didn’t work either. I ended up inserting the serial number and related info directly into the config.plist file with vi.
That’s weird to see that we have similar symptoms...
Which version of OpenCore Configurator did you use?
CaseySJ’s guide mentions 2.5, but I used 2.6. Could it be a bug?

Hi folks. My build is generally running a treat right now, and I'm just getting the rest of my software set up.

There are a few pieces of software I'd like to install which result in the error "This package is incompatible with this version of macOS."

1593298320572.png

Looking around online, this appears to be fixable by disabling SIP. According to the Dortania OpenCore guide, the suggested approach is to disable SIP by booting into recovery mode and using csrutil disable.

To access recovery mode, I believe the right method is simply holding CMD + R at startup. I'm running Opencore 0.5.9 directly from @CaseySJ's great guide here. At startup I always have just two options:
a. macOS Catalina
b. Tools

So, in my attempt to get to recovery mode, I've been holding CMD + R and then hitting [ENTER] to start Catalina. But this is not working for me: it boots directly into the normal OS every time.

1. What is the correct way to enter Recovery Mode?
2. Do you have other suggestions to troubleshoot software installations which indicate "This package is incompatible with this version of macOS"?

This is your lucky day because this is already standard now on the new V2 zip file attached to bottom of Post 1. The USB Map in “Tech Talk” also illustrates this.

Awesome, thank you! Unfortunately it doesn't work, please see 2. below:

I installed everything, updated BIOS to f5a and using Radeon 590. Almost everything works as the doctor prescribed :)

1) Sleep does not work. When I put macOS to sleep (it does go to sleep) and then wake it up using keyboard - it reboots. Is there a way to fix it? Thank you!

2) Also no, Thunderbolt 3 to Cintiq Tablet connection doesn't work so far. The system immediately freezes when I connect it.

Last edited:
Hello @Lukey1979,

The development version of liquidctl supports both ITE Tech devices 0x5702 and 0x8297. It has already been tested on an X570 board running Windows so it should work on Gigabyte X390 AORUS Xtreme under macOS, Linux, and Windows.

To test it on macOS, I would suggest:
  • Installing liquidctl via Homebrew as explained in the liquidctl installation guide
  • But then replace all files in the following directories with files from equivalent directories in my development branch
    • Replace all files inside liquidctl/driver with the ones located here
    • Replace all files inside liquidctl folder with the ones located here
  • Then try: liquidctl --hid hid list
    • Do you see the 0x8297 device in the list?
Thanks a million CaseySJ, this worked. I can now see Gigabyte RGB Fusion 2.0 ITE 0x8297 (experimental) in the list.

Now to configure my MB light colours :)

Thank you again for you help.

Hello @Lukey1979,

The development version of liquidctl supports both ITE Tech devices 0x5702 and 0x8297. It has already been tested on an X570 board running Windows so it should work on Gigabyte X390 AORUS Xtreme under macOS, Linux, and Windows.

To test it on macOS, I would suggest:
  • Installing liquidctl via Homebrew as explained in the liquidctl installation guide
  • But then replace all files in the following directories with files from equivalent directories in my development branch
    • Replace all files inside liquidctl/driver with the ones located here
    • Replace all files inside liquidctl folder with the ones located here
  • Then try: liquidctl --hid hid list
    • Do you see the 0x8297 device in the list?
Hi CaseySJ,

All worked well thank you. I have noticed that on my MB, the led1 channel only activates one of the LEDs on the edge lighting of the Aorus Xtreme MB, however there are several LEDs that run down the color edge of the MB.

For others that may be interested and have the same MB, the below are the color channels and what RGB lighting they affect on the Gigabyte z390 Aorus Xtreme.

ioled - as it says in the configuration file (io panel on the MB)
led1 - The Motherboard Edge Lighting
pchled - The Aorus Logo
pciled - The ESS Sabre Hifi Cover / Logo
led2 - led_c1 12v GRB Header
dled1 - Unknown
dled1 - NVMe M.2 SSD Covers

Are you looking to include other RGB devices into the liquidctl build in the future. I also have Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro Memory Modules and Thermaltake RIING Plus RBG fans that are connected through the Thermaltake Riing Plus RGB Controller. I would be amazing to eventually get these devices color synced as currently I have no way of controlling them.

Back