Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Ha! Great quote. Unfortunately after following all of these steps I am back to square one, ie drawing a blank when performing 'liquidctl list.' I am going to give it a rest for a couple of weeks and enjoy my new build. Pulled up an extremely processing intensive Logic Pro X session last night and was amazed to see an average of no higher than 25% CPU usage in LPX's monitoring tab.
Good to know Logic Pro X is performing well.

We should hopefully have a new formal release of liquidctl in the next week or two.

Has anyone got a decent working EFI folder they can share for the Vision G at all?

Mine has got all sorts of intermittent problems when tracking in LPX :(

Good to know Logic Pro X is performing well.

We should hopefully have a new formal release of liquidctl in the next week or two.

Logic Pro X, Luna and ProTools are performing exceptionally well.

Has anyone got a decent working EFI folder they can share for the Vision G at all?

Mine has got all sorts of intermittent problems when tracking in LPX :(
  • We have seen glowing reports of Logic Pro X from @amarchand and @tonben, both on this very page.
    • Both of them use AMD RX 580 and Gigabyte Vision D (not Vision G).
  • The EFI from @Ayvan is the best one we know how to create.
Therefore:
  • Let's see if there's something specific in the LPX project that might be creating an issue.
  • If you can describe:
    • The LPX project -- how many tracks, what plug-ins are used, any other pertinent information.
    • Audio Interfaces -- which audio interfaces are connected, are they USB or Thunderbolt, any other pertinent information.
    • Any other hardware or software detail that might be consequential.
  • ... then others might be able to help.
In other words:
  • Looking at the EFI folder may not be the right place to be looking.

• We have seen glowing reports of Logic Pro X from @amarchand and @tonben, both on this very page.
    • Both of them use AMD RX 580 and Gigabyte Vision D (not Vision G).
  • The EFI from @Ayvan is the best one we know how to create.
Therefore:
  • Let's see if there's something specific in the LPX project that might be creating an issue.
  • If you can describe:
    • The LPX project -- how many tracks, what plug-ins are used, any other pertinent information.
    • Audio Interfaces -- which audio interfaces are connected, are they USB or Thunderbolt, any other pertinent information.
    • Any other hardware or software detail that might be consequential.
  • ... then others might be able to help.
In other words:
  • Looking at the EFI folder may not be the right place to be looking.

Also, play your session and deactivate each plugin one by one to see if there is a single plugin instance or plugins type causing most of the single-core load.

I'll upgrade later. Maybe it'll solve my sleep issues... :) btw: with F4d I had issues with my mainboard resetting the rgb color all the time. It was different with F2/F3.
Can you discern any difference on the F5a BIOS? Stability? Performance? I'm on F4d on a 10700k, overclocked to 5.1 Ghz stable, 38 degrees C at idle. Also the website says MCU firmware update is available (although when I click on it, I get an access denied error. What is this MCU firmware update)?

@CaseySJ can you download MCU firmware from BIOS F5a description?
1592934164808.png

This description appeared after BIOS release. I can't download it, error "Access Denied"

Can you discern any difference on the F5a BIOS? Stability? Performance? I'm on F4d on a 10700k, overclocked to 5.1 Ghz stable, 38 degrees C at idle. Also the website says MCU firmware update is available (although when I click on it, I get an access denied error. What is this MCU firmware update)?
@CaseySJ can you download MCU firmware from BIOS F5a description?
View attachment 477678

This description appeared after BIOS release. I can't download it, error "Access Denied"
Same problem for me: Access Denied.

MCU = Microcontroller Unit. It's also known as Embedded Controller (EC) on PC motherboards.

Same problem for me: Access Denied.

MCU = Microcontroller Unit. It's also known as Embedded Controller (EC) on PC motherboards.

I was able to download it a couple of minutes ago (both the BIOS update and the MCU firmware).

Sorry, I'm back again. It's Thunderbolt this time. When I connect iPad to it, it's showing charging but no data connection. I cant see it from finder or any app, just charging. When I connect a SSD to it, there's nothing coming out either. Don't know if I explained the situation clearly. I'm looking forward to your thoughts and solution maybe.
Thanks again.

Back