Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Sadly exactly the same outcome—stalling out at the same place in the install process. :confused:

Thanks, @CaseySJ — what would you suggest as a next move? Appreciate your help.
I just performed a fresh installation of Catalina 10.15.5 on a spare SATA SSD in order to re-test the build procedure with the OpenCore 0.5.9 zip.
  • We must use the USB SSDT with 15 maximum ports (SSDT-UIAC-VISION-D-V1.aml).
    • This version is already baked into the 0.5.9 zip.
    • Do not use SSDT-UIAC-VISION-D-V2.aml during installation.
  • The installation was completely smooth from start to finish (again, with OC 0.5.9 zip in Post #1).
    • I'm using MSI Radeon RX 580 Armor 8G with config-AMD-GPU.plist as the base config file.
    • This means iGPU is in headless mode and BIOS --> Initial Display Output is PCIe 1 Slot.
    • I have a 1440p monitor connected via HDMI 2.0 cable to the AMD RX 580.

Hi guys,

I've issue with Thunderbold 3 device: Universal Audio Apollo x8p ; after reset it doesn't detect device by UAD Meter & Control Panel. When I switch it off/on, it runs?

Any suggestions or experience with this? Thank you ...
Hello @alchymista,

Have you looked at these posts (located here)?

Screen Shot 2020-06-12 at 6.21.37 AM.png

Wow, thanks for this. Dunno how missed it.
Hello we-all-wanna-mac, :)

The latest version of Carbon Copy Cloner now has a fix for that issue. The beta version in that post should be replaced by the official latest release.

Hello @alchymista,

Have you looked at these posts (located here)?

View attachment 475615

WAW, Tip #1 help, simply shutdown it all and carefully reconnect :)
@CaseySJ Thank you very much ...

BUT after next restart is situation again same ... works only:
- Shutdown Mac
- Switch Off UAD
- UAD On
- Mac Start
- UAD Control Panel connects as normal ...

I'm using SSDT-TB3HP.aml from @CaseySJ Guide ...
Curious is that Sleep/Wake up works, UAD reconnects correctly ...

Sure, It's detail but anyone solve this?

Last edited:
WAW, Tip #1 help, simply shutdown it all and carefully reconnect :)
@CaseySJ Thank you very much ...

BUT after next restart is situation again same ... only Shutdown/switch Off works ...
Although I am very hesitant to recommend this, but some owners such as @smashdownbabylon have reported improved UAD compatibility after flashing the Thunderbolt firmware to enable Thunderbolt Bus. Please refer to these two posts:
Why am I hesitant to recommend this procedure?
  • Because flashing Thunderbolt firmware involves risk of electrical and physical damage.
  • Because flashing Thunderbolt firmware is not something to be rushed; it requires several hours of patience.
  • Because all instructions in the Tech Talk section of Post #1 must be read two or three times.
  • Because our eyes must be able to focus clearly at very close range. And we must have steady hands to attach and detach the SOIC clip.
  • Etc.
So it's best to exhaust all other possibilities first. @jiffyslot has been very helpful in these matters.

good day, i've got 10700k on a vision d motherboard running, The problem is i cant find my igpu anywhere, in videoproc i can only see my radeon 7. and i cant use sidecar(connected but blackscreen),is that because of the sysinfo i chose(i‘m using Mac Pro7,1)?
this is my first hackintosh,and im not a native english speaker,so...

good day, i've got 10700k on a vision d motherboard running, The problem is i cant find my igpu anywhere, in videoproc i can only see my radeon 7. and i cant use sidecar(connected but blackscreen),is that because of the sysinfo i chose(i‘m using Mac Pro7,1)?
Try to use config and files from this manual.

Although I am very hesitant to recommend this, but some owners such as @smashdownbabylon have reported improved UAD compatibility after flashing the Thunderbolt firmware to enable Thunderbolt Bus. Please refer to these two posts:
Why am I hesitant to recommend this procedure?
  • Because flashing Thunderbolt firmware involves risk of electrical and physical damage.
  • Because flashing Thunderbolt firmware is not something to be rushed; it requires several hours of patience.
  • Because all instructions in the Tech Talk section of Post #1 must be read two or three times.
  • Because our eyes must be able to focus clearly at very close range. And we must have steady hands to attach and detach the SOIC clip.
  • Etc.
So it's best to exhaust all other possibilities first. @jiffyslot has been very helpful in these matters.

Thank you for all care @CaseySJ ...

I found this Solution !!! Use BIOS Settings → IOPorts → Thunderbolt → Thunderbold Boot Support to value: Boot once.

Now Apollo x8p works after restart without turn on/off !!!

good day, i've got 10700k on a vision d motherboard running. the problem is i cant find my igpu anywhere, in videoproc i can only see my radeon 7. and i cant use sidecar(connected but blackscreen),is that because of the sysinfo i chose(i‘m using Mac Pro7,1)?
Please try Step 4 from Post #1. Download the OpenCore 0.5.9 zip file (bottom of Post #1) and follow Step 4. If you need help, just ask.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back