Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

NVRAM might be preventing -v from taking effect. At the OpenCore boot menu select the option to clear NVRAM. Then try installing macOS again. Hopefully the verbose log will appear as macOS Installer begins to load.

Great suggestion, @CaseySJ. There wasn't a GUI option to clear NVRAM (should there be?), just the two choices: Install macOS Catalina and Tool
1591929553635.png

Since I noticed there is the CleanNvram.efi in Tools, I chose Tool, and navigated there in the Shell. This worked great, and I got the verbose logging for the install when I rebooted, see video.

Also:
  • What is the make/model of the RX 580 GPU?
  • What is the make/model of the NVMe SSD?

SSD: Silicon Power 1TB NVMe M.2 SSD SU001TBP34A80M28AB
GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 8GT 8GB

Although the GPU is in place, I'm presently just connected to the onboard graphics via HDMI cable. I added the GPU yesterday after I hit this error in installation to see if connecting the GPU might help, but it didn't.

Last edited:
Great suggestion, @CaseySJ. There wasn't a GUI option to clear NVRAM (should there be?), just the two choices: Install macOS Catalina and Tool
View attachment 475528

Since I noticed there is the CleanNvram.efi in Tools, I chose Tool, and navigated there in the Shell. This worked great, and I got the verbose logging for the install when I rebooted, see video.

SSD: Silicon Power 1TB NVMe M.2 SSD SU001TBP34A80M28AB
GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 8GT 8GB
Yes it's failing at exactly the point where the screen switches from Apple Logo to macOS Installer GUI. Suggestions:
  • Try removing agdpmod=pikera. This is not needed because you're not using an AMD NAVI GPU.
  • Are you using HDMI or DisplayPort from the RX 580? If using DisplayPort, try switching to HDMI.
  • Do you have a USB-C to DisplayPort cable? If the above two suggestions don't help, then it may be a good idea to switch to change ig-platform-id to 07009B3E as shown below and:
    • Connect USB-C to DisplayPort cable to either of the two Thunderbolt ports on the rear IO panel.
    • Connect other end of the cable to monitor
    • Disconnect the video cable from AMD RX 580
Screen Shot 2020-06-11 at 8.04.14 PM.png

I'm not familiar with the MSI Radeon RX 580 8GT. I have the MSI Radeon RX 580 Armor and Gaming X. Does the 8GT have a physical toggle switch that flips between Silent Mode and OC (over-clocking) Mode?

Have you tried using a cheap wired USB mouse? After installation is done, the Microsoft Wireless mouse should work. What is the make/model of the keyboard?

Have you tried enabling this (and disabling the USBInjectAll kext)?
View attachment 475520

Thank you for your quick reply.
I currently don't have a wired mouse, I should probably grab one and see. The keyboard is actually a wired one, but since I'm at the first install window where there's no place to type I'd assumed it's also not working.

With respect to the setting in the kernal tab and disable usbinjestall I'll also try that.

• Try removing agdpmod=pikera. This is not needed because you're not using an AMD NAVI GPU.
Thanks @CaseySJ — I'll try that right away and report back!

Although the GPU is in place, I'm presently just connected to the onboard graphics via HDMI cable. I added the GPU yesterday after I hit this error in installation to see if connecting the GPU might help, but it didn't.

Have you tried enabling this (and disabling the USBInjectAll kext)?
View attachment 475520

This actually worked, the installation went through smoothly. Thank you! Should I re-enable USBInjectAll and uncheck the XhciPortLimit option?

However, the Ethernet is not working. Could this be because it's a different version of the motherboard? I only have a gigabit Ethernet interface, not a 2.5G one. Any idea how to get this fixed?

Hi @CaseySJ, tks for your perfect guide.
CPU: I5-10400
Main: Asus B460i Strix
VGA: AMD RX580 4Gb
Ram: 16Gb
When I use SMBIOS iMacPro1,1, everything is ok.
But I wanna use intel quicksync to render the video (dGPU+iGPU), therefore, I change SMBIOS to iMac19,1 but I have this problem that macOS boot into login screen, I cannot use keyboard and mouse to type the password. Can you help me check EFI (config using iMacPro19,1).
Tks you so much :(

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 112
This actually worked, the installation went through smoothly. Thank you! Should I re-enable USBInjectAll and uncheck the XhciPortLimit option?

However, the ethernet is not working. Could this be because it's a different version of the motherboard? I only have a gigabit ethernet interface, no 2.5G one. Any idea how to get this fixed?
You motherboard have a simple Intel I219-V ethernet adapter, It must work with IntelMausiEthernet.kext in EFI/OC/Kexts and enabled in config.plist

And, if think, you can try to remove from DeviceProperties in config.plist device PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1F,0x6) (Intel I219-V) - it must work with kext only

Hi guys,

I've issue with Thunderbold 3 device: Universal Audio Apollo x8p ; after reset it doesn't detect device by UAD Meter & Control Panel. When I switch it off/on, it runs?

Any suggestions or experience with this? Thank you ...

Back