Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Z490 Vision G and i7-10700K in Geekbench 5:
Снимок экрана 2020-06-07 в 14.28.39.png

Excellent results on both single and multi core.
[/QUOT
I have question. I just bought the z490 vison d, i710700k, and crucial ram 16gigs 3200. I cent even do a fresh install of windows 10 on it. Every time i try to install windows it gives me an error message, saying that ''The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click “OK” to restart the computer, and then restart the installation. What do you think is wrong?

I have question. I just bought the z490 vison d, i710700k, and crucial ram 16gigs 3200. I cent even do a fresh install of windows 10 on it. Every time i try to install windows it gives me an error message, saying that ''The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click “OK” to restart the computer, and then restart the installation. What do you think is wrong?
Is macOS installed on the Vision D? If so, then it will be necessary to physically remove the macOS NVMe SSD before trying to install Windows.

Hello @hackerno1

Glad to hear it -- and nice to see that you were also wise to start with i5-10400 and RX 580. I say 'wise' because I believe the real excitement is just on the horizon with:
  • Next-generation AMD NAVI GPUs. While so-called "Big Navi" with insane levels of performance might be a halo product (i.e. an expensive top-of-the-line), AMD is expected to announce a new family of "less big" Navi. Next version of macOS will be announced at Apple's WWDC in 16 days, and it may support big and less-big NAVI when the new OS is released sometime in the fall.
  • Next iteration of Intel Core CPUs. A more significant advancement in CPU design is expected in the forthcoming Intel Rocket Lake. It is also LGA1200 and a drop-in replacement for Comet Lake. It will enable PCIe 4.0 on the Vision D.
This is why the specs of this system -- at the moment -- are relatively modest with i5-10400 and RX 580. When the new NAVIs and Rocket Lakes are released, this system will get a real shot-in-the-arm.

unfortunately gigabyte wont's support pci 4.0 express on m2 slot according to this https://www.overclock3d.net/news/cpu_mainboard/pcie_4_0_support_on_z490_-_what_the_deal/1

unfortunately gigabyte wont's support pci 4.0 express on m2 slot according to this https://www.overclock3d.net/news/cpu_mainboard/pcie_4_0_support_on_z490_-_what_the_deal/1
That article may be outdated. Please see Z490 Vision D page on Gigabyte website:
Screen Shot 2020-06-07 at 8.48.43 AM.png

We shall proceed with the RX580 rather than the RX5700XT.

As per your timely advice pertaining to a wise decision, I think it best to await the arrival of "Big Navi" offerings.

Your wisdom Dear Sir, surpasses your exorbitant graciousness.

Thank you,
Tony.

@tonben,

Good plan to stay with RX 580 and wait to see what AMD has in mind for Big Navi. And in about two weeks we'll get to meet the next macOS.

Thanks, CaseySJ and guys. Finally after 2 days of hard work, I installed Catalina on Z490 Gigabyte Arous Master but still need USB 3, WiFi, Bluetooth and Internet drivers. Thanks to all I got lot of help form forum.

Thank you @CaseySJ ; based on your build (because of PCI settings issue) I've created new one, simply and clean-up, refreshed to OpenCore 0.59 ; All EFI is available as repository at GitHub.

Back