Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

@ tonben, Is it possible for you to run the Logic Multitrack Benchmark Test and post your results so that we can get a base line result so to speak.I know its a bit early but this way as time goes on hopefully Apple releases a machine which matches the actual hardware we can track the benefits so to speak.Bless

That did it for me! I ran the script, but it needed a reboot before showing up (that's no problem of course, but another post here says it doesn't require a reboot, which isn't always the case I guess).

Just wondering why changing the CPU type helped?
And is it also possible to change the 3,6 Ghz into 5? Because I'm overclocked to 5 Ghz and it would be fun if it showed that.

PS: fyi; I'm having the Z390 build, not the Z490, I don't want to pollute this topic. Perhaps @CaseySJ can create a 'spoiler' in his Z390 start-post forwarding to this. I guess a lot of people want to do these kinds of tweaks.

@ tonben, Is it possible for you to run the Logic Multitrack Benchmark Test and post your results so that we can get a base line result so to speak.I know its a bit early but this way as time goes on hopefully Apple releases a machine which matches the actual hardware we can track the benefits so to speak.Bless

@Dajjal I will have the requested results today.

Just wondering why changing the CPU type helped?

@Dajjal Here are the results you require.

Test System:
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
i9-10700
32Gigs Ram.
2Tb NVME.
Logic benchmark test file on desktop.

Results: 125 tracks in use at time of screenshot.
Particular interest to the fact that the Audio buffer size is set at only 128 samples and the performance meter indicates approximately 80% usage.

Tony.
Screen Shot 2020-05-31 at 2.46.03 PM.png

Thanks, well by that it means that it's kind of on par with the 9900k as I believe a user said 158 was their result so I'm guessing if you duplicate the tracks you should hit the same limit....Bless
If a machine out there really CAN play the whole included 128 tracks, it's very simple, just highlight the last track and press command D to duplicate it and copy the midi clip over till you reach your maximum tracks.

Logic Pro and the i9-9900K

I got my Vision D and 10900K on release day, but work has kept me busy and haven't had a chance to build... Talk about waiting for Christmas! Anyway, since I'm going to be building a new system, was wondering if anyone can comment on how much better the 5700XT is than the RX 590? Trying to see if I should upgrade my graphics card, and to which one? Vegas seem to be impossible to find, may be able to find a Radeon VII, but can certainly get a 5700XT. Has 10.15.5 finally gotten rid of the random lockups?
This system will be used as a DAW but also for video editing with FCPX... Any comments?

I just downloaded the UEFI firmware and look what I found:
Screen Shot 2020-05-31 at 11.23.45 PM.png

Maybe it will be easy to set the variable...

@CaseySJ Brumbaer, a member of another site, just post an hour ago a new tool that toggles the CFG Lock value when the option is not present or available in the UEFI/BIOS settings. I ran the tool with Clover from the shell and it works. I wonder if this tool also works with Z490X boards. Maybe you can try it.

Just to confirm, it worked on a GA-Z490I :clap::lol::thumbup:

Back