Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Good to know. Time to update your profile and/or signature? And where are those benchmarks? :)

Hello everyone,

At that time not only did I change the CPU, but I also set-up the framework for what will be the home (case and internal cooling) for the final build. Having done that, I initially questioned the integrity of the reinstallation process.
I went down the rabbit hole examining for over 20 minutes before thinking of a Cmos reset.

I ineptly ignored the timeless, tried and true adage... "when in doubt, reboot" or in this case, reset.

All is well once more.

Additionally, @CaseySJ, The thought was to hold off until completion of the i9-10900K installation before posting benchmarks and photos.

The build workbench area resembles Frankenstein's Liar, extremely unpalatable.

MY GEEKBENCH SCORE
but my videoproc cannot recognize my RX5700
View attachment 472574

I tried this but failed.
It shows
cp: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/AppleSystemInfo.framework/Versions/A/Resources/zh.lproj/AppleSystemInfo.strings: No such file or directory
Finished.
Maybe its a Language preference for the iProj file. This may only work for English/Proj setups?

Present Scores and build in progress photo. Final Cut Pro Bruce X score 19 seconds.

Screen Shot 2020-05-30 at 10.58.00 AM.png
IMG_0281.jpg

I try this but failed.
It shows:
cp: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/AppleSystemInfo.framework/Versions/A/Resources/zh.lproj/AppleSystemInfo.strings: No such file or directory
Finished.
Maybe its a Language preference for the iProj file. This may only work for English/Proj setups?
perhaps a wrong directory?
Screen Shot 2020-05-30 at 8.59.58 AM.png

YES ,i edit the path and it works!
BTW now i boot in TEXT mode
i have no "-v" in config.plist's boot-args
are you the same ?
Sounds like NVRAM should be cleared. Please give that a try.

Back