Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Thanks for the reply, sorry for the quote error.
What I did is disable some ports and enable others to stay in 15. None of the configurations I found are the same as I would like, in fact it works, but port 10 (BIOS USB PORT) does not work even if Hackintool sees it
Interesting. Let me check BIOS USB port on my Z490 Vision D. Will post a reply soon.

It's okay to ignore this warning. OpenCore "schema" refers to the list of keys (parameters) in config.plist. That list often changes, as it has with version 0.8.3. OpenCore Configurator does not support the release version of 0.8.3 at this time, hence it hasn't removed this outdated entry ("LegacyEnable").

The next update to OpenCore Configurator will address this schema change.
View attachment 552731
Many thanks for this. I will ignore it for now.

I have also noticed another strange thing with my Fenvi T919 Bluetooth/WiFi adapter not showing connected Bluetooth Devices (see attachment).

My Magic Trackpad is working fine but my Magic Keyboard and Magic Mouse are not. The Bluetooth icon in the taskbar has a line through it even though Bluetooth is turned on but appears to be turned off in Bluetooth Preferences. I have not ever had this problem previously as the Fenvi card had been very reliable. Could it be as a result of the Monterey 12.5 update?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-08-07 at 18.06.30.png
    Screenshot 2022-08-07 at 18.06.30.png
    91.9 KB · Views: 24
Many thanks for this. I will ignore it for now.

I have also noticed another strange thing with my Fenvi T919 Bluetooth/WiFi adapter not showing connected Bluetooth Devices (see attachment).

My Magic Trackpad is working fine but my Magic Keyboard and Magic Mouse are not. The Bluetooth icon in the taskbar has a line through it even though Bluetooth is turned on but appears to be turned off in Bluetooth Preferences. I have not ever had this problem previously as the Fenvi card had been very reliable. Could it be as a result of the Monterey 12.5 update?
It's possible that the on-board WiFi/BT module on USB port HS14 is enabled. Simply post the following screenshots after opening config.plist in OpenCore Configurator:
  • ACPI
  • Kernel

It's possible that the on-board WiFi/BT module on USB port HS14 is enabled. Simply post the following screenshots after opening config.plist in OpenCore Configurator:
  • ACPI
  • Kernel
Thanks, here you go.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-08-07 at 18.32.01.png
    Screenshot 2022-08-07 at 18.32.01.png
    259.8 KB · Views: 35
  • Screenshot 2022-08-07 at 18.35.42.png
    Screenshot 2022-08-07 at 18.35.42.png
    442.7 KB · Views: 30
Thanks for the reply, sorry for the quote error.
What I did is disable some ports and enable others to stay in 15. None of the configurations I found are the same as I would like, in fact it works, but port 10 (BIOS USB PORT) does not work even if Hackintool sees it

Interesting. Let me check BIOS USB port on my Z490 Vision D. Will post a reply soon.
There is no problem with HS10 on my Z490 Vision D:
Screen Shot 2022-08-07 at 10.39.49 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-08-07 at 10.40.44 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-08-07 at 10.40.47 AM.png

Port HS10 works fine with both of these settings:
  • SSDT-UIAC-VISION-D-V2.aml -- with -- XhciPortLimit enabled (more than 15 ports)
  • SSDT-UIAC-VISION-D-V3.aml -- with -- XhciPortLimit disabled (15 ports)
If you'd like to stay within the 15-port limit, but use different ports, just let me know which ports to disable and which to enable (based on SSDT-UIAC-VISION-D-V3.aml). Or try making those changes by yourself and I can audit/check the modified SSDT.

Last edited:
Thanks, here you go.
Let's uncheck all three of the kexts shown in screenshot, then reboot. It may also be a good idea to perform a CMOS Reset, then configure BIOS parameters again (per Post 1).

When configuring BIOS parameters, we should first select "Load Optimized Defaults" and then make changes on top of that.

To perform CMOS reset, shutdown system and flip power switch on PSU to OFF. Then short the two designated pins on motherboard with a flathead screwdriver. Now flip power switch on and boot the system.

Screenshot 2022-08-07 at 18.35.42.png

Let's uncheck all three of the kexts shown in screenshot, then reboot. It may also be a good idea to perform a CMOS Reset, then configure BIOS parameters again (per Post 1).

When configuring BIOS parameters, we should first select "Load Optimized Defaults" and then make changes on top of that.

To perform CMOS reset, shutdown system and flip power switch on PSU to OFF. Then short the two designated pins on motherboard with a flathead screwdriver. Now flip power switch on and boot the system.

View attachment 552753
Thanks for your advice. I will follow these instructions and report back.

Is there any reason you think this may have happened when all has been well up to now?

Thanks for your advice. I will follow these instructions and report back.

Is there any reason you think this may have happened when all has been well up to now?

View attachment 552753
A BIOS Reset corrected the problem. I did not need to disable the three kexts as above. Bluetooth is available again and working as it should.

I don't quite understand how or why but I bow to your superior knowledge and understanding.

One again, Thanks for your assistance.

@R-88 This complicated procedure is not necessary at all for changing the MAC address. You don't need to start eeupdate in gui mode. You simply need to type the follwing commands into the shell:
Code:
eeupdate64e
This gives you the list and the numbers of the nics.

Code:
eeupdate64e /nic=X /mac=XXXXXXXXXXXX
This changes the MAC address of the selected nic. Type the MAC address without colons!

• Under ACPI/add, disable the DMAR replacement table
  • Under ACPI/delete, disable the rule for dropping the DMARtable
This is absolutely wrong!

Credit: 5T33Z0 - this is a genius!
This is not the work of 5T33Z0 - He's just collecting and translating the work of others in his repo. It's this guy who deserves the credits for the genius mod.

Last edited:
It’s possible that both the Mac and Windows disks have a Microsoft folder in the EFI partition, and one of those folders (the one on Mac disk) is faulty.

Simply boot macOS with all drives connected, mount EFI partition of both the Mac and Windows drives, and post screenshots of the two EFI folders opened up.
Hi Casey, I've attached the screenshots you asked for. I also ended up reinstalling Windows (upgraded, I think the option was called) without loosing files or apps and now was able to boot the drive. Attached Mac drive, and I can still boot Windows, but only using the Windows bootloader, not using OpenCore. When trying to boot to Windows from OpenCore I get the same just hanging on a black screen issue.

Attachments

• Mac EFI 1.png
    Mac EFI 1.png
    940.9 KB · Views: 25
  • Mac EFI 3.png
    Mac EFI 3.png
    921 KB · Views: 24
  • Mac EFI 2.png
    Mac EFI 2.png
    972 KB · Views: 21
  • Windows EFI.png
    Windows EFI.png