Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Friendly Reminder: macOS Ventura is only a developer beta at this time. According to site Rules, we can discuss PUBLIC betas, but not developer betas.

Oh! I fixed that with reference to this reply #7,317. The only thing that worth to be mentioned is,
I have used HackinDROM to update my EFI to the latest version, which is 0.81. However, The latest Opencore Configurator default supports 0.80, the "stable" version. It labelled 0.81 as a "developmental" version.
Is there any harm that I use the developmental ersion? And it would be better if there is a way to let HackinDROM only update the EFI to the latest stable version.
HackingDROM updates only to latest stable OpenCore version :)
OpenCore Configurator is not OpenCore

On the Vision D:
  • iGPU is enabled properly and is in headless mode as expected.
  • iGPU device properties are also present in IOReg.
  • iGPU will not appear in System Information --> Graphics/Displays. It should, however, appear in System Information --> PCI. If it does not appear there, please try a cold boot.
On the Vision G:
  • I am still trying to understand what the issue is with on-board audio on Vision G. Please try commenting-out the device-id line by changing it to #device-id. Refer to the first screenshot where device-id is set to 709D0000. Placing a hash mark in front of the property name has the effect of deactivating it.
I deleted device-id and set layout-id to 17. And it worked perfectly on my Vision G.

I use your efi to my Z490 vision G and it work perfect.
I make some teaks to make your efi work fine on vision G :D

1. Del some kexts that maybe useless:
CpuTscSync
-FakePCIID_Intel_I225-V ( From Monterey)
-RestrictEvents
-SmallTree-Intel-211
-IntelMausi ( Vision G doesn't have Lan 219 )

2. To make Lan 225-v work
- Flash custom rom
- Enable VT-d in bios
- Del or Disable "DeviceProperties" -> "PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1C,0x1)/Pci(0x0,0x0)"
- Kernel > Quirks > DisableIOMapper -> set false
If Lan 225-v still doesn't work, add "e1000=0" to boot-arg

3. To make audio work ( Front, Side and Sub ) ( real audio port still not work)
- Del device-ID or add #
- Add layout-id to 17 ( If it is not working, set to 11)

4. If have a native dGPU and you want see film on Movie+ or listen lossless on Apple music ( Netflix don't work)
Set:
"defaults write com.apple.AppleGVA gvaForceAMDKE -boolean yes"

hi, guys anyone have problems with o.c 0.8.1

Enabling SIP no WI FI​

when DisableIOMapper is set to false

I added dart=0 but still wifi won't work but bluetooth is still working any suggestions....?

hi, guys anyone have problems with o.c 0.8.1

Enabling SIP no WI FI​

when DisableIOMapper is set to false

I added dart=0 but still wifi won't work but bluetooth is still working any suggestions....?
Please check if AppleVTD is properly enabled as described in this post:

Reactions: jd6
Hi @CaseySJ - on this build which am using since Oct/2020, I accidently removed the SSD (Crucial NVMe which I configured as CATALINA), so GIGABYTE ADV screen showed up. When I realized my mistake, I exited without save, switch off, put SSD back, and booted - but now it goes till asking for password but nothing after that. I tried using USB drive, thinking to replace the EFI content again but same result... after login to Catalina (admin password works), it doesn't do anything, no mac progress bar on the bottom. I tried reset NVRAM also, no result. Can you tell me how can I solve this. I am sure the SSD is all OK, it shows up on F12 screen.

Last edited:
hackerno1, have you tried booting into the recovery partition and use the repair function from disk utility? Sounds like apfs problem to me
Yes tried, USB boot, press tab, click on recovery, apple logo comes up... but then nothing, apple logo stays live for-ever. Let me know please, what else I can try.

Hi @CaseySJ - on this build which am using since Oct/2020, I accidently removed the SSD (Crucial NVMe which I configured as CATALINA), so GIGABYTE ADV screen showed up. When I realized my mistake, I exited without save, switch off, put SSD back, and booted - but now it goes till asking for password but nothing after that. I tried using USB drive, thinking to replace the EFI content again but same result... after login to Catalina (admin password works), it doesn't do anything, no mac progress bar on the bottom. I tried reset NVRAM also, no result. Can you tell me how can I solve this. I am sure the SSD is all OK, it shows up on F12 screen.
Hello @hackerno1

I like your user name! :)

But I don’t understand the details of your description.
  • Are you able to get to the Catalina login screen?
  • When you enter your password in Catalina, what happens?
  • Is your home folder located on a different disk than the Catalina system disk?
  • How many SSDs are installed?

Back