Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

@CaseySJ Hi Casey, I am contemplating at upgrading my system from a Z490 to a Z690 (same config as yours). I was wondering if it was only a matter of copying a working Z690 EFI over my existing EFI and plugging in the NVMe or if I need to reinstall everything.
Yes that should work. The Z690 platform is quite good.

@CaseySJ Since updating to 12.3.1, my system does not go to sleep automatically. Manually it is fine. What is the command to check what is preventing the system from sleeping? Any suggestion? The only thing I did differently from previous updates is that I used hackindrom and did not reset the NVRAM after update (always did it previously out of havbit but not sure if it was necessary since it was not mentioned anymore in the mini guide).

I have been having sleep issues. It goes to sleep, but keeps waking up; sometimes I am greeted back at the login screen. Here is the screenshot pmset -g. What am I missing?
Screen Shot 2022-04-15 at 7.39.56 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-04-15 at 7.43.08 AM.png

For sleep-related issues please look through the guide below. If the problem persists, simply describe the various troubleshooting steps you took and their outcomes.

I have fixed my issue with sleeping after upgrading to 12.3.1 by reset the NVRAM if that can help others.

Last edited:
Anyone know how to get sidecar working in Big Sur or Monterey Please. I tried changing SMBIOS to 19.1, 7.1 and 1.1 but not working It shows that it connects but on my iPad the screen just shows black when sidecar opens. I am using iPad 8th Gen

Anyone know how to get sidecar working in Big Sur or Monterey Please. I tried changing SMBIOS to 19.1, 7.1 and 1.1 but not working

Since we lack a T2 chip, in order to use Sidecar you must use a iMac SMBIOS (not iMacPro) with the IGPU configured as headless so that sidecar can use Intel Quicksync to compress and decompress the Sidecar image information.

If it still does not work you could try installing the FeatureUnlock kext :-

Cheers
Jay

Since we lack a T2 chip, in order to use Sidecar you must use a iMac SMBIOS (not iMacPro) with the IGPU configured as headless so that sidecar can use Intel Quicksync to compress and decompress the Sidecar image information.

If it still does not work you could try installing the FeatureUnlock kext :-

Cheers
Jay
Thanks for that! Because I use Rocket Lake, I cannot use headless mode IGPU but I will try that FeatureUnlock Kext. Thank You.

Back