Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Extensions folder has

HighPointIOP.kext
HighPointRR.kext
SoftRAID.kext

also the OS keeps crashing now every couple of minutes. Could it be any of the incompatible Drivers?
These are standard kexts that come pre-packaged with macOS so we can safely keep them.

When the OS crashes and you restart and log back in, do you get a dialog stating that a crash had occurred and whether you want to see or submit the crash log? If so, what does the crash log say?

Also try starting the system in safe mode. I believe we do this by pressing the SHIFT key while clicking the macOS boot disk in OpenCore boot picker. Does the system crash even in safe mode?

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
A bit of back story. I replaced my wifi/BT card in an attempt to solve the intermittent BIOS crashes I've experienced
since building a Z490 Vision D last November. Somewhat randomly my BIOS crashes when waking from sleep. I can go for weeks without this happening then all the sudden it will happen several times in a row. If I disable X.M.P. the problem seems to go away. I have swapped RAM modules, Motherboard and now wifi/bt card in my quest to solve this problem. I'm literally at my wits end and really could use some help..

If disabling XMP solves the problem, there is the option to:
  • Disable XMP in BIOS
  • Manually set memory clock speed to either 2666MHz or 2933MHz from one of the pop-up menus in BIOS

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@CaseySJ On the problematic 10g Ethernet issue: I managed to downgrade my OC install from 7.9 to 7.8 and selected the v3 patch for the AQC-107. I also turned ON VTD in the BIOS which I had read as helping to solve this specific issue on 12.3. Not sure which did it but now the Solo 10gb card is working properly again. Think I'll stick with 7.8 until 8.0 is released and the reevaluate. Thanks for the suggestions.
OpenCore 0.7.9 is not the issue. :)

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
OpenCore 0.7.9 is not the issue. :)

Yes, I felt like that was likely the case. Upon further research it appears that 12.3 requires VT-D to be enabled in the BIOS in order for some (all?) Aquantia 10gb cards to work. Of course I violated all debugging rules and reverted to OC 7.8 AND changing my BIOS to enable VT-D. But I assume it was the VT-D change that resulted in the card getting a green light and an IP address. Again, subsequent research in other forums confirmed this to be the case. Thanks again for the help.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i9-10850K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
If disabling XMP solves the problem, there is the option to:
  • Disable XMP in BIOS
  • Manually set memory clock speed to either 2666MHz or 2933MHz from one of the pop-up menus in BIOS
I suppose that's a solution alright, but it kind of feels like a kick in the teeth after spending $ on 64 GB of 3600 MHz DDR4. I'll keep looking, thanks CaseySJ.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
If using AMD 5xxx or 6xxx GPUs:

Screen Shot 2022-03-21 at 12.33.29 PM.png

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z590 Vision D
CPU
i5-11600K
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I had forgotten to add a link to Post 1, which has now been done. Because OpenCore 0.7.9 is a small change over its predecessor, we can use the new HackinDROM 2.1.0 app from GitHub. The guide provides all of the details.

View attachment 544012
I try to update from HackinDROM App, but any update to 0.7.9... is the last version of HackinDROM 2.1.0... what can I do to update it? Thanks

Ooooppssssss I'm sorry I don't read well the guide, I resolve, thanks for the good job to all especially @CaseySJ !
:clap::headbang:

Motherboard
Dell XPS 13 9360 (QHD)
CPU
i7-7500U
Graphics
HD 620
So I think I've narrowed down the issue to Ethernet over the TS3+ dock being the culprit and not the displays. Looking at System Report, the Ethernet controllers on the dock loads up AppleEthernetE1000 which could be the problem perhaps? I've used the dock successfully before but haven't actually plugged it to Ethernet until now so I'm pretty sure this is the issue.

EDIT: Tried to patch the i210 on the dock with DeviceProperties but doesn't seem to stick.View attachment 543838
@CaseySJ

Wanted to give an update on this issue for future reference:

It seems that from 11.4 -> TBD, i210 with device-id 0x1533 will load up AppleEthernetE1000 instead of AppleIntelI210Ethernet. I tried spoofing the device-id with OpenCore as well as adding 0x1533 to FakePCIID_Intel_I225-V.kext but neither could spoof the device, I assume because of it being over Thunderbolt and needing an SSDT defining the bridge (similar to spoofing XTXH 6900XT cards). Instead, it was easier to add "dk.e1000=0" (on 11.6.4) or "e1000=0" (12.3 and up) to prevent AppleEthernetE1000 from loading, which causes hangs on Gigabyte boards.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 vision D
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Yes, I can confirm that you can hide Windows in OC Boot screen, or show it, ether way is possible. I have Windows 10/11 on NVMe Samsung 970 Pro like you and as the guide describe its possible to do.

And I can boot Windows from OC also or pressing F12 boot option from MB. and boot from there if I install Windows again or store a backup of it and don't want to do the process like in the guide to find the EFI path to re-put in OC Configurator.

But, making it disappear in BIOS or BIOS boot option or in disk-utility, I don't think it can be done except like you said to removed it from you hardware but I don't think that's what you want.

Can I ask do you use OpenCore themes?

Or, if you don't mind, upload your EFI here but take you serial number out of the config.plist.
I can look at it, and try to boot mine Hackintosh with it to see if I can find the problem. Sometimes, if you using OpenCore themes, an icon in there can make this to happen. I have experienced that once.
@jd6, I have OpenCore 0.7.9 running 12.3 just smoothly. Yes, I do have a default OpenCore theme, and it shows the hard disk icons at boot. This could be a factor as you mentioned. I have a 6900 XT Radeon AMD as my setup in my config. But I don’t think that will matter when I upload my config as your GPU looks a bit different. I have only partially hidden the windows NVMe M.2 drive through some commands in macOS specifically editing the vifs in terminal. But I really like the theme as it’s close to a real Mac. I will edit this post with my attached config soon and you can have a look at the boot setup. I have the Windows NVMe M.2 drive installed in the slot closest to the CPU just as a good helpful tip from @CaseySJ mentioned earlier. Also, not to mention while using the hack with a AMD 6900/6800 XT, I don’t see the temperature stats or fan control in iStats or hwm2 app as well no fans are spinning when using high heavy load applications. In windows, if GPU gets hot, it kicks up the GPU fan automatically. The GPU is air cooled not liquid cooled so I don’t see why the fans won’t kick in when high temperatures are being reached.

update link to radeon 6900/6800 xt temp sensor kext.

Last edited:

jd6

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z490 Vision G
CPU
i5-11600k
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@jd6, I have OpenCore 0.7.9 running 12.3 just smoothly. Yes, I do have a default OpenCore theme, and it shows the hard disk icons at boot. This could be a factor as you mentioned. I have a 6900 XT Radeon AMD as my setup in my config. But I don’t think that will matter when I upload my config as your GPU looks a bit different. I have only partially hidden the windows NVMe M.2 drive through some commands in macOS specifically editing the vifs in terminal. But I really like the theme as it’s close to a real Mac. I will edit this post with my attached config soon and you can have a look at the boot setup. I have the Windows NVMe M.2 drive installed in the slot closest to the CPU just as a good helpful tip from @CaseySJ mentioned earlier. Also, not to mention while using the hack with a AMD 6900/6800 XT, I don’t see the temperature stats or fan control in iStats or hwm2 app as well no fans are spinning when using high heavy load applications. In windows, if GPU gets hot, it kicks up the GPU fan automatically. Any thoughts @jd6 or @CaseySJ ?? The GPU is air cooled not liquid cooled so I don’t see why the fans won’t kick in when high temperatures are being reached.

UPDATE: my EFI config setup @jd6 and @CaseySJ.
Hi, thegubatoshchamp.

As promised, I have looked at your EFI config.plist with regard to Windows icon in OC boot menu, which you don't want to be appear there. So I have test here with my Hackintosh and found out that your scan policy was set to 0. I changed it. Now should work as you want it, and you don't have to edit the vifs anymore.

I have put 3 EFI in the uploaded folder so that you can see what I did. I testED them all, and they work.

To make it easy for you, before making any changes in your EFI Partition, test this EFI's in USB EFI partition as you do on your boot disk first; boot in to OC menu. If you like it, than you can copy EFI 1 and past it in you disk EFI partition; or just copy digits to your own config.plist and past them under MISC>SECURITY>scan policy and save it and your done.

Regarding to your GPU maybe @CaseySJ can help as he has similar GPU card because I have only RX 580 and mine works in hwm2 app.

p.s. If you just copy the EFI from uploaded folder, don't forget to put your own SMBIOS platform info back otherwise you will get error from OpenCore.

Good luck.

Attachments

• modified. EFI's (OC-079).zip
    17.5 MB · Views: 30