Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision G
CPU
i5-10600K
Graphics
RX 6800
I updated from Big Sur (from OpenCore 0.7.3) to OpenCore 0.7.9 and had everything working. Then proceeded to update to Monterey 12.3 and I am having some problems to say the least.

- Boot time has increased to about 5 minutes (on WD NVME).
- All drives except the boot drive are gone from Monterey. Meaning they don't show up in Disk Utility or anywhere else. That's a 2nd NVMe, multiple SSDs, 2 HDDs and 2 USB drives.
- Bluetooth and WiFi don't work anymore (Intel).

Even shutting down takes ages.

Feartech

Motherboard
Asus N752VX-OpenCore
CPU
i7-6700HQ / HM170
Graphics
HD 530 1920 x 1080
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I updated from Big Sur (from OpenCore 0.7.3) to OpenCore 0.7.9 and had everything working. Then proceeded to update to Monterey 12.3 and I am having some problems to say the least.

- All drives except the boot drive are gone from Monterey. Meaning they don't show up in Disk Utility or anywhere else. That's a 2nd NVMe, multiple SSDs, 2 HDDs and 2 USB drives.

your video card is not supported

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision G
CPU
i5-10600K
Graphics
RX 6800
I stopped using that card. I'm using the iGPU

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@CaseySJ On the problematic 10g Ethernet issue: I managed to downgrade my OC install from 7.9 to 7.8 and selected the v3 patch for the AQC-107. I also turned ON VTD in the BIOS which I had read as helping to solve this specific issue on 12.3. Not sure which did it but now the Solo 10gb card is working properly again. Think I'll stick with 7.8 until 8.0 is released and the reevaluate. Thanks for the suggestions.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i9-10850K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
A bit of back story. I replaced my wifi/BT card in an attempt to solve the intermittent BIOS crashes I've experienced
since building a Z490 Vision D last November. Somewhat randomly my BIOS crashes when waking from sleep. I can go for weeks without this happening then all the sudden it will happen several times in a row. If I disable X.M.P. the problem seems to go away. I have swapped RAM modules, Motherboard and now wifi/bt card in my quest to solve this problem. I'm literally at my wits end and really could use some help..

I swapped my ancient osxwifi.com card for a "YOUBO" BCM94360CD WiFi & BT 4.0 card and now my Bluetooth device connections are cycling (connected-disconnected), wifi works fine. Checked the USB power cable to the card and it seems fine. I've been searching the forum here (and beyond) for hours to no avail. I've tried CMOS reset, clearing the NVram, deleting networkInterfaces.plist & preferences.plist followed by a reboot. Also tried deleting /Library/Preferences/com.apple.Bluetooth.plist and "sudo pkill bluetoothd" followed by a reboot.

Any ideas, where have I gone wrong?

Last edited:

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

Some suggestions:
  • Enable verbose mode and boot. Can be done by pressing and releasing CMD-V at OpenCore Picker. Where does the boot process stall?
  • Not all apps and drivers are compatible with Monterey. Screenshot of /Library/Extensions may be helpful.
  • Intel Bluetooth does not work in Monterey. Never has thus far. The IntelBluetooth kexts must be turned off and the Intel USB port should be disabled.
  • Perform CMOS Reset followed by re-configuring BIOS.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision G
CPU
i5-10600K
Graphics
RX 6800
Some suggestions:
  • Enable verbose mode and boot. Can be done by pressing and releasing CMD-V at OpenCore Picker. Where does the boot process stall?
  • Not all apps and drivers are compatible with Monterey. Screenshot of /Library/Extensions may be helpful.
  • Intel Bluetooth does not work in Monterey. Never has thus far. The IntelBluetooth kexts must be turned off and the Intel USB port should be disabled.

Thanks a lot!

Both the boot time and the drives being gone were fixed by disabling the IntelBluetooth kexts. Disabling both also fixed the WiFi issue.
The Intel USB port is the internal one? HS02? (on the Vision G)

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision G
CPU
i5-10600K
Graphics
RX 6800
Some suggestions:

Extensions folder has

HighPointIOP.kext
HighPointRR.kext
SoftRAID.kext

also the OS keeps crashing now every couple of minutes. Could it be any of the incompatible Drivers?

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thanks a lot!

Both the boot time and the drives being gone were fixed by disabling the IntelBluetooth kexts. Disabling both also fixed the WiFi issue.
The Intel USB port is the internal one? HS02? (on the Vision G)
I believe the Vision G does not have on-board WiFi/BT so you must be using a third-party Intel WiFi/BT PCIe card. If that's the case, simply remove the card and disconnect the Bluetooth USB cable from HS02. Then there's no need to disable the HS02 port itself.