Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

I resolve, thanks so much... I search on google the guide... I follow step by step... great! Working for me too, thank you so much to all!
I have update too Monterey 12.3.1 and OC 0.7.9, all working wonderfully!

I resolve, thanks so much... I search on google the guide... I follow step by step... great! Working for me too, thank you so much to all!
I have update too Monterey 12.3.1 and OC 0.7.9, all working wonderfully!
Good job!!

I found a thread on insanely that describes how to fix the i225-v for Monterey.

The one involving eeupdate64e.efi?

@ALL,

I can confirm that the fix works on my GB Z490 Vision G system, however as @CaseySJ noted above, after flashing i also needed to add the following Device Properties in order for it to work correctly :-

Code:
            <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1C,0x1)/Pci(0x0,0x0)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>model</key>
                <string>Intel I225-V</string>
                <key>device-id</key>
                <data>8hWGgA==</data>
                <key>device_type</key>
                <string>Ethernet Controller</string>
            </dict>

Cheers
Jay

@ALL,

I can confirm that the fix works on my GB Z490 Vision G system, however as @CaseySJ noted above, after flashing i also needed to add the following Device Properties in order for it to work correctly :-

This was a very satisfying fix! After all these months it is nice to finally have a proper solution.

Thanks much, Casey. Up and running OC 0.7.8 on Montery 12.2.

Once I updated to OC 0.7.8 my WiFi went on the fritz, only allowing me to connect to my 2.5GHz network. My 5GHz network would sometimes show up in the list of networks, sometimes not, and could never connect. The 2.5GHz would drop randomly. This behavior then began across all my apple products (my 16 in intel MacBook Pro, iPad Pro, iPhone) so I thought it was an issue with my router. I reset my router, no change. Checked router settings, all good there. I cleared my cache on google Chrome (both hack and MacBook Pro), no change. I deleted the wifi network service and then re-added it in network settings on both my hack and MacBook Pro, no change (on any device).

Lastly, I deleted the WiFi network service on my hack, unchecked GraphicsInputMirroring in my config.plist, and restarted the hack (cleared vram a few times). I then added the wifi network back in network settings, and all fixed across all devices.

It seems GraphicsInputMirroring was the culprit... can that be??? I didn't have any issues with 0.7.7, FYI. I have 2 monitors plugged into my Graphics card via DisplayPort. I am using MacPro7,1

Edit: Turned back on GraphicsInputMirroring just to check, all seems fine. Deleting the WiFi network services and clearing nvram is what seemed to do the trick.
I am having this problem with random Wifi disconnection when I am using my UniFi router. How do you clear the NVRAM? is this done through OpenCore?

I am having this problem with random Wifi disconnection when I am using my UniFi router. How do you clear the NVRAM? is this done through OpenCore?
Please see the OpenCore cheat sheet in the post below for some useful tips, including how to clear (reset) NVRAM:

just a quick note, i upgraded from big sur to monterrey 12.3.1, in about 1 hour (including 30min downloading the
upgrade).

fortunately no graphics issues so far, using an rx 580, this is mostly a work/home workstation, so the 580 works great for me.

thanks @CaseySJ for this build, it has been a blessing !

Last edited:
just a quick note, i upgraded from big sur to monterrey 12.3.1, in about 1 hour (including 30min downloading the
upgrade).

fortunately no grahics issues so far, using an rx 580, this is mostly a work/home workstation, so the 580 works great for me.

thanks @CaseySJ for this build, it has been a blessing !
Glad to hear it. Luckily the graphics issues we faced in 12.3 have been fixed in 12.3.1.

For some reason OC default audio after login is not being remembered and always sets to by default to "headphones" and does not remember the last audio selected before shutdown (internal speakers). It would be nice to have the default audio to be set to internal speakers. currently have alcid = 28 which works for the onboard alc 1220-vb with current EFI setup. any suggestions on how to make alcid = 28 remember default selected audio on shutdown and next boot?

Also a side note. If trying to run IGPU(non-headless) + dGPU together which is possible, boot time on OC will suffer a major boot delay and take almost on average 1.5 minutes longer for login this is because more devices are trying to load before login. tried running dGPU + IGPU for FaceTime to work properly to see other person on video. FaceTime requires for some reason the IGPU to be enabled (headless or non-headless) to see other person on video in FaceTime. FaceTime will work only with IGPU enabled, However sadly can not use both displays IGPU(non-headless) + dGPU at the same time or boot time will suffer significantly !

Last edited:
Back