Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Someone else also reported a problem with Asus BIOS and iGPU on a Z490 board. I believe a newer version fixed the problem.

We've not had much of a problem with enabling USB ports. Are you sure your config files are okay?
  • USBPorts.kext is defining 20 ports, but limit is 15 unless we enable XhciPortLimit kernel quirk in OpenCore config.plist. Is that quirk enabled?
  • Please open your config.plist in OpenCore Configurator and post screenshots of these pages:
    • ACPI
    • Kernel
Update on Asus TUF Gaming B460-Plus.
Asus support said iGPU Multi Monitor has not been implemented on such board so I returned.
I got a MSI Z490-A Carbon.
Now iGPU works, USB works.

Just placed my order, the Fenvi cards seem to have gone up a lot but if anyone can recommend a seller on eBay for the UK I’d be interested or another card I can use for the Bluetooth stuff. I’m going to be using wired internet.

@CaseySJ recommended the Hb1200 which is £50 vs the t919 for £59. Is there much of an advantage of one over the other?

Last edited:
Recommended the Hb1200 which is £50
This is sold via Ebay. Looks like about the best price you'll get online, shipped to the UK.

Five dollars more for the T919 model. Get this if you need faster speeds for wifi, which it sounds like you don't.

This is sold via Ebay. Looks like about the best price you'll get online, shipped to the UK.

Five dollars more for the T919 model. Get this if you need faster speeds for wifi, which it sounds like you don't.
Thanks. I figured for that difference the extra was worth paying. Fingers crossed I don’t get an import duty bill but that’d probably still be cheaper.

Anyone tried the F5d BIOS for Vision D? Is it stable?

Last edited:
@CaseySJ Are you able to disable a 2nd GPU in the PCIe Slot on this board, like you can on the Z390?
Sure, the same SSDT from Z390 Designare can be used here to disable slot 2.

Back