Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

@CaseySJ So still no go on getting 10gb ethernet working that WAS working fine before 12.3 update. I made the patch changes (see below) and card is recognized but I can't get it to assign an DHCP IP address. I found another thread on insanelymac where this is being discussed and others appear to be having this same problem with 12.3.

View attachment 544470

View attachment 544471

Is there anything that can be done on this? I'm wishing I hadn't updated to 12.3 but the feedback here seemed to suggest it was fine. Thanks for your help.
Have you used the Aquantia with windows? Might a cold boot work? Ie turn off the PSU for 15 sec or so and reboot?

I think I will have to buy another Crucial 2TB because this one works very nice indeed.
Sounds reasonable at this point. If the Crucial works, it means the XPG PCIe 4 drive must be avoided so please let us know.

I updated from Big Sur (from OpenCore 0.7.3) to OpenCore 0.7.9 and had everything working. Then proceeded to update to Monterey 12.3 and I am having some problems to say the least.

- Boot time has increased to about 5 minutes (on WD NVME).
- All drives except the boot drive are gone from Monterey. Meaning they don't show up in Disk Utility or anywhere else. That's a 2nd NVMe, multiple SSDs, 2 HDDs and 2 USB drives.
- Bluetooth and WiFi don't work anymore (Intel).

Even shutting down takes ages.

I updated from Big Sur (from OpenCore 0.7.3) to OpenCore 0.7.9 and had everything working. Then proceeded to update to Monterey 12.3 and I am having some problems to say the least.

- All drives except the boot drive are gone from Monterey. Meaning they don't show up in Disk Utility or anywhere else. That's a 2nd NVMe, multiple SSDs, 2 HDDs and 2 USB drives.

your video card is not supported

I stopped using that card. I'm using the iGPU

@CaseySJ On the problematic 10g Ethernet issue: I managed to downgrade my OC install from 7.9 to 7.8 and selected the v3 patch for the AQC-107. I also turned ON VTD in the BIOS which I had read as helping to solve this specific issue on 12.3. Not sure which did it but now the Solo 10gb card is working properly again. Think I'll stick with 7.8 until 8.0 is released and the reevaluate. Thanks for the suggestions.

A bit of back story. I replaced my wifi/BT card in an attempt to solve the intermittent BIOS crashes I've experienced
since building a Z490 Vision D last November. Somewhat randomly my BIOS crashes when waking from sleep. I can go for weeks without this happening then all the sudden it will happen several times in a row. If I disable X.M.P. the problem seems to go away. I have swapped RAM modules, Motherboard and now wifi/bt card in my quest to solve this problem. I'm literally at my wits end and really could use some help..

I swapped my ancient osxwifi.com card for a "YOUBO" BCM94360CD WiFi & BT 4.0 card and now my Bluetooth device connections are cycling (connected-disconnected), wifi works fine. Checked the USB power cable to the card and it seems fine. I've been searching the forum here (and beyond) for hours to no avail. I've tried CMOS reset, clearing the NVram, deleting networkInterfaces.plist & preferences.plist followed by a reboot. Also tried deleting /Library/Preferences/com.apple.Bluetooth.plist and "sudo pkill bluetoothd" followed by a reboot.

Any ideas, where have I gone wrong?

Last edited:

Some suggestions:
  • Enable verbose mode and boot. Can be done by pressing and releasing CMD-V at OpenCore Picker. Where does the boot process stall?
  • Not all apps and drivers are compatible with Monterey. Screenshot of /Library/Extensions may be helpful.
  • Intel Bluetooth does not work in Monterey. Never has thus far. The IntelBluetooth kexts must be turned off and the Intel USB port should be disabled.
  • Perform CMOS Reset followed by re-configuring BIOS.

Back