Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Interesting. I would have expected no warning / ejection on sleep with the native chipset. Does this behavior happen on your Z390 build as well? (and are you injecting USB properties via SSDT to kext?)
Typo fixed! I meant "no warning was displayed".

Is it possible to use 2 GPUS (an Nvidia GPU for windows and an AMD GPU for Hackintosh) like on the Z390? I didn't see a mention of it in the main post.

Also, do you guys feel this build is just as stable/problem free and documented as the Z390 build? Thinking about going with this one, even though it's just Catalina supported, since I rather have the newer hardware.

Is it possible to use 2 GPUS (an Nvidia GPU for windows and an AMD GPU for Hackintosh) like on the Z390? I didn't see a mention of it in the main post.

Also, do you guys feel this build is just as stable/problem free and documented as the Z390 build? Thinking about going with this one, even though it's just Catalina supported, since I rather have the newer hardware.

I did the z490 vision g and it’s been incredibly stable. I have an issue with iMessage, but I think that’s my account issue - nothing to do with the build.

Hi Kiwimac,

Here is my EFI for the Vision G.

Its still working great for me so hopefully it will give you the same result(s).

I have sanitised the serial numbers within the config.plist. If you open it with Propertree (or whatever method you use to open and edit config.plists) you will see that the necessary fields have "FILL IN YOUR OWN :)" on them for your ease, so you'll need to generate your own (or copy and paste from your existing config).

Also bear in mind my specs are as follows:

Vision G
Radeon 5700XT
32GB 4000Mhz DDR4 RAM

Hopefully you have similiar setup.

Let me know how you get on mate!

Best,

Tom

@hughythomas,

Thanks so much. Sorry for my delay in reply - along with doing this build I have a lot going on so haven’t been able to dedicate as much time to it as I wish. I did a compare on the two EFIs and sadly there wasn’t anything that I could see causing my issue. However, I did keep with yours as it seemed to be just a little more buttoned up than mine. My guess is there is a flag on my account as I’ve pretty much tried every option now.

Thanks for all your help.

Hi Everyone,

Long time listener first time caller.

Has anyone noticed that a CFGLock toggle option has been added to the recent F5d bios update?

IMG_6720.jpg

Happy days!

Last edited:
Hi Everyone,

Long time listener first time caller.

Has anyone noticed that a CFGLock toggle option has been added to the recent F5d bios update?

View attachment 480203

Happy days!
Good, I asked them to do it. Perhaps others did too. MSI has it. So does ASrock.

@hughythomas,

Thanks so much. Sorry for my delay in reply - along with doing this build I have a lot going on so haven’t been able to dedicate as much time to it as I wish. I did a compare on the two EFIs and sadly there wasn’t anything that I could see causing my issue. However, I did keep with yours as it seemed to be just a little more buttoned up than mine. My guess is there is a flag on my account as I’ve pretty much tried every option now.

Thanks for all your help.

No worries.

Shame it didnt fix your issue.

Did they add cfglock to vision G latest BIOS too?

Noob question, what is the setting in the BIOS that would unlock the power limit? I have a non-K 10700 and wanted to get the most performance out of it.

Back