CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@CaseySJ Well a new and interesting problem has emerged in my build. After believing all was well with my dual boot Win 11 & MacOS 12.1 installs, I decided to just leave the machine for a few days without proceeding with my migration from the old system. Was testing how well the new system went into and came out of sleep. Sleep on MacOS seems to work fine for a day or so. But at some point the system will just reboot itself without my intervention. And in this last go round it came up to the OC Canopy menu with MacOS highlighted but I had no USB functionality with my connected keyboard and mouse. It tried to boot into MacOS but failed with no verbose screen. Rebooted itself again, but this time selected the Windows 11 SSD and tried to boot that. But that has failed also with a 'Preparing Automatic Repair' message on a black screen. Ugh. Things work perfectly on this build otherwise. I haven't installed any software or utilities for either OS. Just vanilla installs. Using HackinDROM latest and I even tried updating to OC .7.7 thinking that might help resolve. But nope. Just happened again. I don't know the files or debugging steps needed to get troubleshooting support. But wondering if there are any obvious fixes for this issue that others might have run into.

UPDATE: I decided to just do a hard reboot on the auto repair screen and was able to boot right into Windows with no issues. Expect the same with MacOS. So the root cause of the sleep/wake crash and fail is the issue here.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@misterwiggles

The gods of energy conservation are obviously telling you to power down the machine at the end of each day!

I would suggest to monitor the situation and report back if this occurs again. I have experienced some wake issues recently, but they are occasional and not really bothersome. If you comb through Apple’s own support pages, you’ll see that all sorts of issues affect real Macs as well.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@misterwiggles

The gods of energy conservation are obviously telling you to power down the machine at the end of each day!

I would suggest to monitor the situation and report back if this occurs again. I have experienced some wake issues recently, but they are occasional and not really bothersome. If you comb through Apple’s own support pages, you’ll see that all sorts of issues affect real Macs as well.
Interesting. Yes, my brand new M1 Max MBP recently greeted me in the morning with indications that it had rebooted overnight from its sleep state. I took that to be something similar to my Hack issue but could be wrong. It's possible that Monterey 12.1 has some issues in the core OS for this that are showing up more acutely in the Hack build.

Dare I update to today's 12.2 release in hopes of greener pastures?

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Interesting. Yes, my brand new M1 Max MBP recently greeted me in the morning with indications that it had rebooted overnight from its sleep state. I took that to be something similar to my Hack issue but could be wrong. It's possible that Monterey 12.1 has some issues in the core OS for this that are showing up more acutely in the Hack build.

Dare I update to today's 12.2 release in hopes of greener pastures?
I experienced a reboot-during-sleep today on my Asus Z690 ProArt with Monterey 12.2. Although it's relatively rare, I believe I've experienced this on Z390 Designare as well, but not sure. Need to keep monitoring.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10600K
Graphics
RX 580 + GTX 710
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Because this screenshot is filled with the kernel panic report (a problem in com.apple.security.Sandbox) is it possible to capture a screenshot that shows log messages just before this?
I solved my little problem. It was my CPU BIOS settings. But, upgrading the BIOS was a bad idea. Because now, my old CPU settings are unstable. I couldn't even turn on the BT also. My system is much slower than ever.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i7-10700K
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Anyone do the update? I am on opencore 0.7.6 Monterey. Should I get the latest opencore working before I attempt the update that came out today?

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@CaseySJ I keep getting random freezing and restarts (crashing) as well as click on restart from apple menu on OC 0.7.7 causes system crash. this is what the crash report gives me when I reboot from crash. on Mac OS 12.2. prior to upgrading from OC 0.7.4 no issues my config stayed the same no changes just upgraded and now issues persist..

EDIT: tried to revert back to 0.7.4 now plauged with tons of schema errors because edited 0.7.4 config file on latest opencore 0.7.7 release version. along side that note i'm also experiencing a error message on preboot " HDA: CONTROLLER RESET - TIME OUT ". i see few others as well recently posted about this error its not due to the layout id or device id for audio in device properities but perhaps the actual whatever green and lilu not working well newer gpu's such as 6900 xt the one i'm stuck with.. no matter what i tried downgrading and upgrading i seem to have errors that are perhaps related to 12.2 mac os using a 6900 xt gpu ? please any advice would be great !

Some comments:
  • To revert to 0.7.4 try using the OpenCore EFI folder from your bootable backup disk. OpenCore Configurator only supports two versions of OpenCore so to edit the 0.7.4 config file it’s necessary to download an older version of OpenCore Configurator.
  • To avoid HDA controller timeout, simply disable AudioDxe.efi from UEFI —> Drivers section of config.plist.

Motherboard
GigaByte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
  5. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iBook
  3. iMac
  4. Plus
  5. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@misterwiggles

@CaseySJ Some time ago I installed a YOUBO card for WiFi and Bluetooth and had sleep/wake issues (don't remember OC version). I later switched to using your Intel version of WiFi and Bluetooth but also switched to using a wired keyboard and mouse. Ethernet is hardwired so didn't really noticed any issues. Recently I upgraded to Monterey and OC 0.7.7 and tried to switch back to my bluetooth keyboard and mouse and had lots of problems with bluetooth. So I decided to re-install my YOUBO card and had sleep issues again but bluetooth worked much better with Monterey and OC 0.7.7. Finally decided to try turning off USBWakeFixup.kext in KERNEL. Sleep seems to take a bit longer to sleep than before but machine does sleep and power nap does appear to work. This works for me but cannot say if it will work for someone else.

Rand