- Nov 11, 2018
- Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
- RX 6800 XT
- Classic Mac
- Mobile Phone
You and @MacArthur are both seeing the HDA: controller reset - timeout message. Can you both try the following:...
I thought maybe there was a macOS updated installed so I tried updating to OC 0.7.7 (CaseySJ version). But when I installed this OC version macOS booted but the mouse freezing started to happen and I got a "HDA: controller reset - Time out" message before I could select to boot macOS.
- Mount EFI partition and backup or rename
- Download the latest pre-078 version attached
- Copy it to the same
- Does the timeout message still appear?
This is very puzzling because even the Logitech MX Master 3 is stuttering. Some questions/suggestions:...
After that I wiped the entire disk and reinstalled macOS completely using macOS 12.1 with OC 0.7.7. Before I was running macOS 12.0.1. But after the reinstall the mouse problem still was there.
I did a complete Bios Load Defaults and loaded my macOS bios profile from a year ago. But still the mouse problem is here.
Now I'm out of ideas. Does anyone know what the problem might be?
When my mouse cursor freezes and YouTube keeps on playing my keyboard also doesn't register any keystrokes. But when the mouse starts moving again the missing keystrokes appear on the screen.
I'm using a Apple Magic Trackpad 2 using a BCM4360 BT/Wifi card. My normal mouse is a Logitech MX Master 3 connected to a Logitech USB Unifying receiver and my keyboard is a Apple wired keyboard. There are no other USB devices connected to the computer.
- Is the MX Master 3 connected via Bluetooth or via Logitech USB Unifying receiver?
- If you disable Bluetooth (System Preferences --> Bluetooth --> Turn Bluetooth Off) does the stuttering still occur with MX Master 3?
- This is a bit of a long shot, but run Activity Monitor from Applications --> Utilities folder and sort the list by %CPU so that the most CPU intensive apps are listed first. Is there any app or service that is taking up CPU time even when the system is idle? Feel free to post screenshot.