Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Quadra
Mobile Phone
iOS
Does it mean there may be a way to enable Thunderbolt's "Extended Mode" without flashing?
My wish is YES from someone who knows :) ... hey, genius guys, what do you think ? ...
In the Designare Z390 thread we did just that -- we used a heavily modified SSDT to enable Thunderbolt Bus and Local Node without flashing the firmware. However -- and this is what killed that experiment -- we found that 20 seconds after logging in, the Thunderbolt Controller would reset or otherwise stop working. Weeks of effort to find a solution were lost in vain, so we wrote a new chapter on firmware flashing and never looked back.

Last edited:

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
Classic Mac
Quadra
Mobile Phone
iOS
Newbie here with a question about wiring. I've never built a PC from scratch but have ordered parts to build a Hackintosh using Intel i9-10900k (still waiting for this part) with a Vision D board in a NZXT 710i case. My question has to do with the use of the NZXT lighting and fan controller. My assumption is that the best wiring solution for lights and fans would be to connect lights to NZXT controller but connect fans to the motherboard so that Mac OS X SMC can control the fans. Then use a combination of liquidctl and RGB Fusion 2.0 to control the lights. Is this the best solution?

Thanks

Rand
That makes sense to me, but with one modification:
  • Connect all NZXT HUE and HUE 2 lighting cables to the controller built into the H710i case.
  • Connect all NZXT HUE and HUE 2 fans to motherboard fan headers.
  • Use liquidctl to control NZXT lights in macOS (it will also work in Windows).
  • Use liquidctl to control on-board RGB Fusion 2.0 lights as well (RGB Fusion driver for liquidctl is coming soon, probably in about one week).

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
That makes sense to me, but with one modification:
  • Connect all NZXT HUE and HUE 2 lighting cables to the controller built into the H710i case.
  • Connect all NZXT HUE and HUE 2 fans to motherboard fan headers.
  • Use liquidctl to control NZXT lights in macOS (it will also work in Windows).
  • Use liquidctl to control on-board RGB Fusion 2.0 lights as well (RGB Fusion driver for liquidctl is coming soon, probably in about one week).
Correct. That's exactly what I do but I use Corsair QL-Fans instead of NZXT fans (lighting not connected to the NZXT controller of course). You could connect the next LED strips to the mainboard I guess which would make the NZXT controller useless to me... It's not necessary to use liquidctl if you stick to one lighting configuration. My mainboard, the RAM, the NZXT Kraken and the NZXT LED strips usually keep the configuration that I set in Windows... Only problem are my Corsair QL-Fans which have some nice lighting modes that only work when it's software controlled (iCue software).

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Yep, I'm an idiot for doing this so late at night...I'm going to upgrade to F5a for the Vision D board. I have no clue why they show F4 with a later date than F5a...
They removed F5a from the website:
1594413174925.png

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i7-10700K
Graphics
AMD RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
Centris, Power Mac, Quadra
Mobile Phone
iOS
They removed F5a from the website:
View attachment 479926
Good Lord...hopefully it's not a problem build, since I just flashed to it yesterday...Windows runs fine, I'm just about to start working the OpenCore-based macOS install...

Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z490 Vision D & GA-Z77X-UP5-TH
CPU
i9-10900 & i7-3770
Graphics
RX 590
Mac
MacBook Pro
Good Lord...hopefully it's not a problem build, since I just flashed to it yesterday...Windows runs fine, I'm just about to start working the OpenCore-based macOS install...
Oops!
Well I updated to F5a and didn't have any problems neither on Windows nor with OpenCore. Everything seems to work perfect.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
Classic Mac
Quadra
Mobile Phone
iOS
F5a is also running well on my system. Let's see what happens next. I would like them to fix the PCIe Bifurcation feature.

Last edited:

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
Classic Mac
Quadra