Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Hey,

Anyone knows a good USB audio adapter for headphones with a microphone which doesn't break on this build with macOS Monterey 12.1?

Give us a price point :) Some of us work in sound and will recommend VERY expensive solutions
Something suitable for gaming headphones so I can hear steps and such but not anything crazy because I don't work with sound, I guess it should be more than 20-30$

Something suitable for gaming headphones so I can hear steps and such but not anything crazy because I don't work with sound, I guess it should be more than 20-30$
For that price it might be easier to just get the onboard audio working again, I’m not sure off the top of my head that there is anything in that price range… but maybe others have solutions!

Hi, asking for advice.

My workstation is running, except for space on the M2 drive, I'm getting below 30gb and want to install Parallel desktop to do some light Windows gaming.

My current plan is to get a new 256Gb M2, but before that i want to "upgrade" my system 256Gb to 512Gb, so I can forget about running "low" on space.

The only thread I've found (without using Carbon Copy) is this one

Are there any other suggestions ?

Hi, asking for advice.

My workstation is running, except for space on the M2 drive, I'm getting below 30gb and want to install Parallel desktop to do some light Windows gaming.

My current plan is to get a new 256Gb M2, but before that i want to "upgrade" my system 256Gb to 512Gb, so I can forget about running "low" on space.

The only thread I've found (without using Carbon Copy) is this one

Are there any other suggestions ?
Carbon Copy Cloner has a generous 30-day trial period during which the app is fully usable.

If I recall correctly, the latest versions of BIOS require us to do something like this:
  • Disable Above 4G Decoding Enable CSM Support
  • Then check if Internal Graphics option appears
  • If so, set it to Enabled (not "Auto") and then re-enable Above 4G Decoding disable CSM Support
Hey @CaseySJ - I gave both these options a go, but no luck. Enabling CSM did cause the 'Initial Display Output' selection to appear, which contained PCIe Slots 1-3... but there was still no option for Internal Graphics to be enabled anywhere.

I definitely have a 10700K that supports video, tried updating BIOS and loading optimized defaults, not really sure what else to try out .

Grateful for suggestions if you have any!

I also updated BIOS on my Z490 Vision D. No problems. TB3 hot patch works, sleep, wifi and BT. Will test Adobe apps and protools. They all work but I have not done anything with them to cause stress yet. Will let you know. NOTE: Post is much faster. I will update BIOS on my test Z590 Vision D which is generally a nightmare running MAC OS.
@canyondust and @lightmanrt have you seen any issues using the F21 BIOS? Hot plug still working, and stability fine under stress (Adobe/protools, etc.) And is your TB3 chip the stock firmware, or did you flash it?

I have had no issues at all with the F21 BIOS. Photoshop, Premiere and LRC all work. Issues with Premier needing the Clear Cache before opening a recent file a is a Monterey/Adobe issue. Protools file with 32 channel and 145 plug-ins fine. TB3 not flashed. No problems with it. I have one TB3 disk enclosure and one TB2 enclosure 4 drives no problem. Boot time is better also.

Back