Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

So I can report that this has fixed my issues of USB drives disconnecting during sleep and kernel panic from wake. In BIOS I kept my XMP profile 1, and just changed the system memory multiplier from Auto to 2666MHz. I have 4x32 Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200 MHz. No discernible difference for my usage. Thanks for sharing :thumbup:
I also have Crucial Ballistix as a matter of fact…

I updated Opencore 0.7.4 to 0.7.6, and my rig stopped going to the sleep mode not only by itself but even when I tried to force it to go to sleep. Does anybody else experience the same issue?

I updated Opencore 0.7.4 to 0.7.6, and my rig stopped going to the sleep mode not only by itself but even when I tried to force it to go to sleep. Does anybody else experience the same issue?
There are several factors that affect sleep/wake, but most of them are related to USB devices (including Bluetooth, which operates over USB). Other lessor factors involve smart power supplies and other devices that connect to internal USB 2.0 hub on motherboard.

If you believe OpenCore itself is the issue, please try going back to OpenCore 0.7.4 to recheck sleep/wake. If sleep/wake is still broken in OpenCore 0.7.4, then we know the problem lies elsewhere.

Hi,
I need to upgrade my macOS to Monterey because it doesn't let my update XCode in Catalina ...
Currently running macOS Catalina 10.15.7, OpenCore 0.6.8, Model iMac19,1

What is the safest way to upgrade?
Do I need to recreate my bootable backup before upgrading?

Hi,
I need to upgrade my macOS to Monterey because it doesn't let my update XCode in Catalina ...

you will need to update to latest OpenCore

Reactions: nss
Hi,

Hello @nss,

Here's the high level procedure:
  • Make a bootable backup of Catalina.
  • Test the bootable backup to make sure it works. You might need it! :)
  • Look in the /Library/Extensions folder of Catalina. Post a screenshot if you like. Some of the drivers in that folder ship with macOS while others were placed there by applications you installed. For each of the third-party drivers, check if a newer version is available. If so, update the application so that it installs the latest driver.
  • Then upgrade existing Catalina to OpenCore 0.7.6. It is not possible to install Monterey with OpenCore 0.6.8.
  • Set SecureBootModel to Disabled in the Misc --> Security section of OpenCore Configurator.
  • Boot Catalina with OpenCore 0.7.6 and check that everything is still working. If not, let us know (provide sufficient details).
  • Now begin the in-place upgrade to Monterey from System Preferences --> Software Update.

Last edited:
Hello @nss,

Here's the high level procedure:
  • Make a bootable backup of Catalina.
  • Test the bootable backup to make sure it works. You might need it! :)
  • Look in the /Library/Extensions folder of Catalina. Post a screenshot if you like. Some of the drivers in that folder ship with macOS while others were placed there by applications you installed. For each of the third-party drivers, check if a newer version is available. If so, update the application so that it installs the latest driver.
  • Then upgrade existing Catalina to OpenCore 0.7.6. It is not possible to install Monterey with OpenCore 0.6.8.
  • Set SecureBootModel to Disabled in the Misc --> Security section of OpenCore Configurator.
  • Boot Catalina with OpenCore 0.7.6 and check that everything is still working. If not, let us know (provide sufficient details).
  • Now begin the in-place upgrade to Monterey from System Preferences --> Software Update.

I've updated and tested my bootable backup, works fine

Here's my /Library/Extensions folder, The only familiar kext is intelhaxem, I checked it and it's up-to-date.
I have a few questions:
1. Is there anything else I need to update in the /Library/Extensions folder?
2. Where can I find the "Resizable BAR Support" option in BIOS?
3. How do I know if I need to use the Broadcom or Intel WIFI/BT zip file? currently I don't have WIFI/BT enabled on my mac.

I've updated and tested my bootable backup, works fine

Here's my /Library/Extensions folder, The only familiar kext is intelhaxem, I checked it and it's up-to-date.
Screenshot is missing.

I have a few questions:
1. Is there anything else I need to update in the /Library/Extensions folder?
2. Where can I find the "Resizable BAR Support" option in BIOS?
This option is available in BIOS F20 and higher. If you're on an older version of BIOS, you can skip this.

3. How do I know if I need to use the Broadcom or Intel WIFI/BT zip file? currently I don't have WIFI/BT enabled on my mac.
Use the Broadcom version by default.

Screenshot is missing.

This option is available in BIOS F20 and higher. If you're on an older version of BIOS, you can skip this.

Use the Broadcom version by default.
Thanks

Here's the /Library/Extensions screenshot

Screen Shot 2021-12-23 at 18.01.50.png

Back