1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Casey,

I am using internal Intel wireless / bluetooth, without the Fenvi card installed. This worked ok with 0.6.8. Running latest Catalina. Not tired CMOS Reset.
If you're using Intel WiFi, please check SecureBootModel in Misc --> Security section of OpenCore Configurator. Set it to Default and reboot. Does it help?

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a little question : Under Monterey 12.1, I decided to add a pcie x4 card with 2 additional USB C ports. The device is recognized by the system (about this Mac) under USB, and it even shows the HDD connected to it, but Finder does not mount it. Does it mean that I have to add these USB ports to port mapping? I already have to USB C hubs and I thought that it would be convenient to add more ports (the internal one being connected to the USB to ethernet dongle).
It's not necessary to map those ports. Let's do this:
  • First, what is the make/model of the PCIe x4 card?
  • Connect a USB-C device to the card then run IORegistryExplorer and scroll (not 'search') down to RP21.
  • You will see RP21 followed by IOPP followed by the actual device name. Click on that name then post a screenshot.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision G
CPU
i7-10700
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 128K
  2. 512K
  3. Plus
  4. Portable
  5. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I use your OpenCore ver 0.7.5 and it works perfectly on z490 vision G (bios F6).
I have to change the CPU Base Clock from Auto to 100MHz to make "sleep and wake" function to work properly.

There is an issue that the rear port audio is not working to get 7.1 sound audio.
I just noticed your post there. I've never been able to get my Vision G to sleep successfully. I always thought it was my Fenvi card. How does the CPU base clock change fit into this solution? Thanks.

jd6

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z490 Vision G
CPU
i5-11600k
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Please try this:
  • Set SecureBootModel to Disabled (yes disabled instead of default)
  • Then reboot and select the macOS installer volume from OpenCore Picker if it's still there
  • Once macOS has been fully upgraded, we can set SecureBootModel back to Default
hi, CaseySJ

I tried that but no same thing
keeps restarting

Last edited:
Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z490 Vision D
CPU
i7 - 10700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
  4. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
It's not necessary to map those ports. Let's do this:
  • First, what is the make/model of the PCIe x4 card?
  • Connect a USB-C device to the card then run IORegistryExplorer and scroll (not 'search') down to RP21.
  • You will see RP21 followed by IOPP followed by the actual device name. Click on that name then post a screenshot.
Thanks for the info. BTW, to my surprise, it immediately got mounted the second time I switched the external HDD on. Thanks again for the good work. I can't stress enough how useful this thread is.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
And what are you think about imacpro smbios? this machine will be use in sound production, iGPU not a necessary.
iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS is perfectly okay. We can still enable iGPU -- no worries.

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z490 Creator
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS is perfectly okay. We can still enable iGPU -- no worries.
Thank you!

I tried to start with 0.7.6, but the system went into reboot right after the Apple. Then I took 0.6.8 and successfully booted into the OS installation and did the installation. I was unable to localize the problem to 0.7.6 and decided to use a time-appropriate bootloader. Do I need any bootloader fixes to use SMBIOS iMacPro1,1?