Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
[@CaseySJ Hi there, something weird is happening after upgrading to Monterey and hopefully you have some suggestions. Upon waking up, I have lost all Bluetooth connectivity with my mouse, keyboard and soundbar. If I turn off and on Bluetooth in control center, I get most of the time my keyboard automatically reconnected. For the soundbar, if I use a wired mouse and reconnect it, it usually works. But for the mouse, nothing seems to work except a reboot but it is not ideal given that I have a Samsung EVO and now the booting time is long (in the process of replacing with WD). I have added the kext related to BT issues in Monterey as per your 0.7.5 guide but issue is still there. Not sure where to start looking.
Hello @emistral

Are you using Fenvi FV-T919 or on-board Intel WiFi/BT?

Also, which Bluetooth keyboard and mouse are you using?

Do you have Windows installed on this system? Do these problems occur in Windows also, after waking from sleep?

Have you tried resetting NVRAM or performing a cold boot?

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z470 Vision G
CPU
I9-10850k
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. iMac
  3. LC
  4. Performa
  5. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Yes I have exact same FaceTime issue. Caller can see me but I never get video back, only 'Poor Connection'.

Tried all the OpenCore iServices fixes and the tonymac iMessage/Facetime guides but no luck yet.

Big Sur 11.6 / OC 0.7.5
I am having all sorts of "new issues" since clean install, so I am trying to troubleshoot them one at a time, one led to a interesting outcome. In trying to fix my appletv/music not working, in bios I set under i/o>internal graphics>enabled (it was in auto) rebooted and voila Facetime is working. To confirm this was the issue, I put it back to auto and facetime no longer worked, this is under OS 11.6.1 and OC 0.7.5 (iMac20,2) (per the miniguide this thread). I can't watch AppleTV nor music videos but I can do video calls on the computer again... Progress. :)

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i7-10700K
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I just did the upgrade to Monterey from Catalina and am kind of blown away that it booted up. Seems wifi and bluetootth are working, as is the intel network port, and even airdrop seems to work. Problem is, sound is gone. Is there a way to fix the on-board sound? I was actually using optical out into my DAC, but now there are no sound devices except airplay devices.

10700k, vision D, fenvi wireless, WD SN750SE 1tb, opencore 0.7.5

EDIT - looks like I have the Apple TV and Music not playing issue too.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus Z690 ProArt Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I just did the upgrade to Monterey from Catalina and am kind of blown away that it booted up. Seems wifi and bluetootth are working, as is the intel network port, and even airdrop seems to work. Problem is, sound is gone. Is there a way to fix the on-board sound? I was actually using optical out into my DAC, but now there are no sound devices except airplay devices.

10700k, vision D, fenvi wireless, WD SN750SE 1tb, opencore 0.7.5

EDIT - looks like I have the Apple TV and Music not playing issue too.
To fix audio, please try:
  • Reset NVRAM
  • If that does not fix the problem, perform a CMOS Reset followed by configuring BIOS parameters
Regarding TV and Music, these will no longer work when we use iMac19,x or iMac20,x. Switching to iMacPro1,1 or MacPro7,1 will resolve this.

Please see bottom half of this article:

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i7-10700K
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
To fix audio, please try:
  • Reset NVRAM
  • If that does not fix the problem, perform a CMOS Reset followed by configuring BIOS parameters
Regarding TV and Music, these will no longer work when we use iMac19,x or iMac20,x. Switching to iMacPro1,1 or MacPro7,1 will resolve this.

Please see bottom half of this article:
Thanks Casey. Will try. Can I just generate a new EFI folder and reboot or whill I need to do a fresh install with Mac Pro 7.1?

Also, resetting NVRAM, is that just a BIOS reset?

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus Z690 ProArt Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thanks Casey. Will try. Can I just generate a new EFI folder and reboot or whill I need to do a fresh install with Mac Pro 7.1?

Also, resetting NVRAM, is that just a BIOS reset?
Changing System Product Name can be tricky. Please see these 2 posts from yesterday:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...olt-3-i5-10400-amd-rx-580.298642/post-2292733
---
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...olt-3-i5-10400-amd-rx-580.298642/post-2292792

To reset NVRAM, press spacebar at the OpenCore boot picker and you'll find "Reset NVRAM" at the far right.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i7-10700K
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Changing System Product Name can be tricky. Please see these 2 posts from yesterday:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...olt-3-i5-10400-amd-rx-580.298642/post-2292733
---
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...olt-3-i5-10400-amd-rx-580.298642/post-2292792

To reset NVRAM, press spacebar at the OpenCore boot picker and you'll find "Reset NVRAM" at the far right.
Okay. Would it be prudent to load config plist into OC configurator and select a mac pro 7,1 with a new serial number then?

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus Z690 ProArt Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Okay. Would it be prudent to load config plist into OC configurator and select a mac pro 7,1 with a new serial number then?
Yes that is the cleanest solution, but some of your applications may complain about licenses because they will consider it to be a new machine.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i7-10700K
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Still no audio or Apple TV Plus. I did manage to boot as imacPro1,1 with a new serail. Mac pro 7,1 did not work I am assuming because there is no GPU installed. I am currently on igpu on the 10700k.

Is this why the Apple TV still doesn't work? I need the Radeon card first?

Also, is there anything else I can try to get the Vision D onboard Audio to work? I am stumped. I can try Big Sur if it might be better than Monterey at this point. Catalina was working nicely with audio and almost everything, though I didn't test Apple TV before the upgrade.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
I7-10700K
Graphics
5600XT & 6800 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello @emistral

Are you using Fenvi FV-T919 or on-board Intel WiFi/BT?

Also, which Bluetooth keyboard and mouse are you using?

Do you have Windows installed on this system? Do these problems occur in Windows also, after waking from sleep?

Have you tried resetting NVRAM or performing a cold boot?
No, I just have a genuine Apple combo WiFi+BT card with a PCIe x1 adapter. The keyboard is the Apple Magic Keyboard, and the mouse is the Logitech MX Master 3 (which reconnected after sleep under Catalina).
I have windows installed but barely use it so I don't know if they work after wake up. But what I know is that keyboard, mouse and soundbar used to reconnect upon wake up in Catalina. I tried a cold reboot but still the same issue. Have not tried resetting NVRAM yet. Also found out that it does not go to sleep on its own anymore. Need to force it now.