CPU
i9-10850K
Graphics
VisionTek Radeon RX 560
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I'm trying to install a UAD2 PCIe card in my mobo, but even after drivers are installed it doesn't recognize the card. I tried a AVID HDX card, a wifi card I had from a previous Hack build and nothing at all. Are the PCIe slots available for use in a hack with this build on 10.15.7 or do I need a different EFI?

My bigger problem is that I can't get any of my PCIe devices (HDX card and UAD2 Octo card) to work in the mobo. There are drivers for both to work via PCIe devices like the super expensive current Mac Pro

I finally got my PCIe devices to work. After further investigation I didn't allow them through the Security and Privacy settings. I followed the Catalina reset instructions on Universal Audio's website and now I'm all set.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
bluetoothd is a background Bluetooth service, but it should not be consuming so much CPU time. Some suggestions:
  • Disconnect all Bluetooth devices and check if CPU utilization drops.
  • Stop and restart Bluetooth from the menu bar. Then check if CPU utilization drops.
  • Reboot. Does this problem still occur?
When I disable Bluetooth on the menu bar, the process disappear. When I enable again and connect a blue device with macOS, it still disappear. However, when I wake up, the process appear and consume huge CPU time. So, I realize this is a bug. It is OK to just wait for system fix update. Now the macOS version is 12.1 beta 2.

jd6

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z490 Vision G
CPU
i5-11600k
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have F20 BIOS. F21 is available, but I am waiting for a brave soul to try it first.
BIOS setting is the same with exception of Vt-d. It is Enabled (I am running VMware Fusion 12-Pro) and I couldn't find the Initial Display Output setting in the IOPorts tab, though my GPU is in slot 1.
I have updated the BIOS from F20 to F21a on Z490 Vision G yesterday, and everything seems to work fine as before on f20 so all good:

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I have updated the BIOS from F20 to F21a on Z490 Vision G yesterday, and everything seems to work fine as before on f20 so all good:
Well done!
Still no USB-C on Thunderbolt ports?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i7-10700
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've been testing my new system for the past few days, everything seems ok with Big Sur. I've installed multiple times due to botched attempts at copying from my old system with Migration Assistant, however I think I've nailed the process now... I was thinking I'd try a Monterey install as a final test before I make this system my 'live' machine.

I've made an installer USB - is there anything I need to tweak in the config.plist before I try installing Monterey?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i7-10700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Did you notice any changes?

Motherboard
Gigabye Z490 Vision G
CPU
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
First Thanks Alot

CaseySJ

for providing wonderful work and support.

I have an issue
I updated to Monterey (OC 0.7.5)
after that problems arrived.
after a few minutes, it randomly reboots.

after that, I went to reinstall Monterey.
But Installer Freezes after a few minutes.

tried to reinstall Big Sur and it's good to go.
But When i switch to windows it stuck at the Gigabyte screen after I select Windows at OC picker

Any clues or suggestions
Are you using a Vision G board? I’ve been running Big Sur for a year with no issues and tried updating to Monterey. Spent 4 evenings trying to figure out why my machine would just randomly reboot and freeze. Discovered that, if I removed the network cable out of the back, the machine is stable. I’m using wireless now, but would like to move back to wired once this issue is resolved. Hope this helps. Please reply back advising if this is the same case for you.

jd6

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z490 Vision G
CPU
i5-11600k
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Are you using a Vision G board? I’ve been running Big Sur for a year with no issues and tried updating to Monterey. Spent 4 evenings trying to figure out why my machine would just randomly reboot and freeze. Discovered that, if I removed the network cable out of the back, the machine is stable. I’m using wireless now, but would like to move back to wired once this issue is resolved. Hope this helps. Please reply back advising if this is the same case for you.
I have seen this problem on my board when I installed Monterey for the first time. After some research, I find out that is related to Intel Ethernet i225-V.

What I have done was to remove or deactivated those from the config.plist ,and I had no freezes or reboots anymore.

Attachments

• Schermafbeelding 2021-11-17 om 16.41.27.png
    Schermafbeelding 2021-11-17 om 16.41.27.png
    144.1 KB · Views: 69
  • Schermafbeelding 2021-11-17 om 16.42.19.png
    Schermafbeelding 2021-11-17 om 16.42.19.png
    172.4 KB · Views: 65