Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Anything in particular you can think of? Or what section of the config?
I'm new to this and have no idea what to turn off and on.

Thanks
probably best to read the 1 st page, it is very informative

wow, ok. Thanks for the help.

Anything in particular you can think of? Or what section of the config?
I'm new to this and have no idea what to turn off and on.

Thanks
Please try disconnecting Corsair Commander Pro and H115i from USB header.

I updated to 12.1 beta 3 with my 6600 XT last night, no issues. I was never on 12.1 beta 2, but it should work. make sure you are using "agdpmod=pikera" boot-arg. I need that for my xt
@jerrium

I updated to 12.1 beta 3 with my 6600 XT last night, no issues. I was never on 12.1 beta 2, but it should work. make sure you are using "agdpmod=pikera" boot-arg. I need that for my xt
@haurb900
if you remove "agdpmod=pikera", your booting will fail?

My update is latest, which should be your 12.1 beta 3.
screenshot:
WX20211120-214552@2x.png

@haurb900
But before I upgrade this time, my RX 6600 can work on 12.1 beta.
After upgrade this time, myRX 6600 can NOT work on 12.1 latest beta.
I don't know why.

@haurb900
But before I upgrade this time, my RX 6600 can work on 12.1 beta.
After upgrade this time, myRX 6600 can NOT work on 12.1 latest beta.
I don't know why.
That is odd. The AMD drivers still support device IDs: 0x73E3 and 0x73FF
Screen Shot 2021-11-20 at 6.03.23 AM.png

@haurb900
if you remove "agdpmod=pikera", your booting will fail?

My update is latest, which should be your 12.1 beta 3.
screenshot:
View attachment 535066
I'm not in my studio today, but I can check tomorrow when I'm there and will remove agdpmod=pikera and report back. If I remember correctly I wasn't able to boot without it. Yes, my beta version is 21C5039b. my smbios is different from yours, I'm iMacPro1,1. Because of that, and because Im on a vision G board, my config will be slightly different than yours...

I'd say it's worth checking that you are on OC 0.7.5 with the most up to date Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext, and if you are using Casey's EFI that he so graciously shares, then double check that you are using the config-AMD-GPU.plist and NOT the config-Intel-iGPU.plist

EDIT: Confirming that I cannot boot when agdpmod=pikera is removed from boot args for my 6600 xt

Last edited:
@CaseySJ

I love what you did here. This project seems quite successful, as the last one with Z390 Designare.

This is kind of off-topic, perhaps. But I got no clue where I could ask such question. Basically, I'm into SFF. I would really like a board that could do TB3. But it has to be mini ITX, so it could fit my chassis standard. I was thinking about MSI MEG Z490I Unify.

However, I can't seem to find out if the Meg Z490I Unify got TitanRidge or Alpine Ridge thunderbolt chipset. I also don't know if it is possible to easily flash its EPROM.

I was hoping you'd know something, or if you could suggest something regarding all this.

Happy Hacking :)
Hey did you build hackintosh with Meg Z490I? I am thinking to buy this motherboard and build on it, have good price offer for this mb - 160€ (new). Or it's better to choose Gigabyte Z490I AORUS WIFI (200€)?

Back