Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

@joe6187,

I just looked at your EFI folder, and have some tips for you :)

1. You should either use SSDT-UIAC.aml or USBPorts.kext not both as you have.
2. You should use HfsPlus.efi and not OpenHfsPlus.efi because HfsPlus.efi is much faster.
3. Make the SSDT-PLUG.aml file the manual way.

Hi
It is countless the time I have tried to install Monterey and OC 075 to my system without get the installation frozen. It goes good on the first boot, I go to diskutility and format the SSD M.2 and start the installation but when it says 12 minutes to finish I loose mouse control and the fans accelerate and nothing happens ahead.

I am using the instructions taken from the first message of this thread and EFI-075-VISION-G-NOT-D.zip plus Hackintool and 19.1 as model.

I'd like to kow how can I turn the installation on VERBOSE as we used to do with Clover, I think, using -v as a parameter.

In the mean time if someone could provide its EFI (sure I will replace serial number) that is working with Monterey I'd be grateful.

I have also removed the wifi/bluetooth fenvi t919 but it didn't make any difference.

Thanks for your time.

Csat

hi, zedoc:

can you please share your efi folder, me also trying to get it to work but stil no luck what did you to get it to work.
Here it is, i've removed Kexts and Drivers to save space (and platform infos) as they are the same from @CaseySJ OC-075-Intel-Wireless-VISION-D.zip
I didn't tweak it except filling the platform infos and adding SSDT-RX580.aml in ACPI for my RX580 power management

Attachments

• EFI-VisionD-0.75-wifi 2.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 57
Here it is, i've removed Kexts and Drivers to save space (and platform infos) as they are the same from @CaseySJ OC-075-Intel-Wireless-VISION-D.zip
I didn't tweak it except filling the platform infos and adding SSDT-RX580.aml in ACPI for my RX580 power management

Interesting, it seems that you are using the on-board Intel wireless. I'm using the Fenvi FV-T919 and the Intel i225-V does not work on either my Vision D or Vision G boards. Anyone not using the on-board wireless and have a working i225-V port?

Last edited:
@CaseySJ Have a test for i225v and BT both working at OC74, OC75
Also tested OC75 ResizeBar setting, Attach Both EFI, please let me know if I got any wrong setting.
Hope can help the investigation on z490 broad 2.5g lan issue
@joe6187 .
I would like to express my thanks for you've shared EFI075. I just used it to create one with the parameters made public on the OP, and WORKED WORKED!!!

Thanks a lot.
CSAT

So guys, after seeing how the new 12th gen Intel CPU run...is anyone interested in exploring the hack evenue?
I would definitely be interested (if it works with the AVX 512 and is hackintoshable). An Intel based platform is more preferable for me tbh. I find Ryzen rather problematic when it comes to running macOS software. They frequently break updates these days with the likes of Adobe.

Back