Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

This may partly depend if your Bluetooth device needs a firmware upload when it powers. Mine does not. The Intel ones do apparently.

Something else interesting is after I installed my CPU cooler I was getting 5 beep post code with A2 LED display. The issue was the display port cable not completely inserted. But neither of those error codes have anything to do with that problem.
I’m using the Apple Broadcom Bluetooth 4.0 controller (BCM94360CD) that is on the Fenvi T919. Works fine in Big Sur, but not Monterey.

According to MacRumors, macOS 12.1 beta1 has been released today to developers, and the update enables support for graphics cards that integrate the AMD Radeon 6600XT GPU.

I wonder if 6700 XT support is there as well?

More macOS support for big Navi is a good thing.

According to MacRumors, macOS 12.1 beta1 has been released today to developers, and the update enables support for graphics cards that integrate the AMD Radeon 6600XT GPU.

I wonder if 6700 XT support is there as well?

More macOS support for big Navi is a good thing.
WOW, this will be a HUGE relief for many!!

Last edited:
All, just a reminder that discussion of Developer Betas is not permitted. The MacRumors article is in the public domain, but we should not disclose anything here that is under NDA. Just wait a couple of days until it becomes a public beta.

solved!

Last edited:
Update:
  • Unfortunately the Intel I-225V Ethernet port still refuses to connect whether we set its device-id to F2158680 or F2150000 or F3158680.
  • Enabling and disabling SIP also does not appear to help.
For the time being, the Intel I-225V Ethernet port is unusable in Monterey. But there are other options such as:
  • Use the other Ethernet port on rear IO panel (not the red one)
  • Apple Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet adapter (requires AppleVTD to be enabled)
  • Thunderbolt 3 Dock with Ethernet port
  • USB-C Dock with Ethernet port (these are low cost)
Shot in the dark: Have you tried removing all device properties and adding the boot arg “dk.e1000=0” (no quotes)?

Mhh are you referring to the OC setting in Misc-Security tab? If that's the one, I always had it as Default and never had any problem.

Just a hint - have you tried Jettison as @CaseySJ suggested me a while ago? Maybe it helps.

In my scenario, as I said, connecting an enclosure with ASMedia ASM235CM using a Type-C to Type-C connection, makes the system unable to sleep, regardless of Jettison. Switching to a Type-C to USB-A fixes it.
But it's also funny that d2 Professional uses the same ASM235CM (although tweaked?, it seems, as it doesn't passthrough SMART data in macOS, while it works in Windows) and it has no sleep issues when ran with Type-C cable.

Coming back around to this. What SMBIOS are you using? I'm on iMac20,2 (T2) and with secureBootModel=Default, the drives eject on sleep. With secureBootModel=Disabled, everything works fine, 'the way it used to'... so I wonder if there is some SMBIOS+SecureBoot interplay here.

Coming back around to this. What SMBIOS are you using? I'm on iMac20,2 (T2) and with secureBootModel=Default, the drives eject on sleep. With secureBootModel=Disabled, everything works fine, 'the way it used to'... so I wonder if there is some SMBIOS+SecureBoot interplay here.

The same as you: I am on iMac20,2 and it works as I described; once I identified what's wrong with the ASM235CM, it sleeps like a baby.
Also, our systems are extremely similar; only difference being I have a 5k Ultrafine connected to a GC-Titan Ridge 2.0. If you would like me to try something, or to tell you something else about my config, just ask.

Do you mind me asking you if VirtualBox works in your config? It must be an issue with mine, which I have not been able to sort no matter what I tried. Have a look at this post please.

The same as you: I am on iMac20,2 and it works as I described; once I identified what's wrong with the ASM235CM, it sleeps like a baby.
Also, our systems are extremely similar; only difference being I have a 5k Ultrafine connected to a GC-Titan Ridge 2.0. If you would like me to try something, or to tell you something else about my config, just ask.

Do you mind me asking you if VirtualBox works in your config? It must be an issue with mine, which I have not been able to sort no matter what I tried. Have a look at this post please.
I don’t use VirtualBox but it could be handy, I’ll try it and see.

Back