- Nov 11, 2018
- Asus Z690 ProArt Creator
- RX 6800 XT
- Classic Mac
- Mobile Phone
Ouch, that is definitely not normal. Boot time for me (from NVMe SSD) is less than 30 seconds after selecting boot disk in OpenCore Picker.@CaseySJ What is a normal boot time from this z490 vision D build? I have 32 GB ram in my build and planning to expand to 64 GB. Currently, it takes 1 minute and 30 sec to boot from OS picker to apple login page and I got black screen for 30 sec during the process. Is that normal?
- BIOS Setup --> CSM Support --> Enable
- At OpenCore Picker, press and release CMD-Vto enable Verbose mode. If there's a large pause during startup, make a note of last couple of the log messages during the pause.
- Of course, if the screen goes blank for 30 seconds, there's nothing to note down for that particular pause.
- If you're using HDMI, try switching to DP.
- If you're using DP, try switching to HDMI.
- Connect only 1 monitor (if you have more than one).
- Perform CMOS Reset, then configure all BIOS parameters again starting with F7 (Load Optimized Defaults).