1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello guys,
What are the conditions for the wifi card to be OS and windows compatible?
The Fenvi FV-T919 card is difficult to find in France.
I have seen this card and I wonder if it can be compatible? : https://www.materiel.net/produit/201908080047.html

Thanks in advance ;)
That card uses an Intel AX200 chipset. The recommended chipsets are Broadcom BCM94360CD or BCM94360CS2. However, the Intel WiFi/BT module on the motherboard can be used with OpenIntelWireless drivers. These drivers don't provide full support for macOS "Continuity" features, but are good enough for standard WiFi and Bluetooth use.

ffk

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
UHD 630
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Some folks have reported regular kernel panics and other nastiness with BIOS F20. Recommendation:
  • Submit a help desk ticket to Gigabyte via their website. Ask them if BIOS F5 is okay on Z490 Vision D Rev 1.1.
    • I think it should be okay, but it's absolutely best to check with Gigabyte
They should respond to you within 24-48 hours. Do let us know what they say.

@iGo2school, I too just purchased a Vision D board. I just checked the board and mine is also v1.1.

My bios show this info for version info...
  • Z490 VISION D
  • F5
  • 07/15/2020
  • 8ACML009

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@iGo2school, I too just purchased a Vision D board. I just checked the board and mine is also v1.1.

My bios show this info for version info...
  • Z490 VISION D
  • F5
  • 07/15/2020
  • 8ACML009
Thank you for confirming!!

@spaceg, this confirms that BIOS F5 is okay to install on your Rev 1.1 board.

ffk

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
UHD 630
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@CaseySJ, I have 2 1 problems,

1. I can't get the working 11.6 config on 0.7.2 I have to work when updating to 0.7.4...
  2. And I can't get catalina to work with 19,1!!!

I have managed to make a bootable usb of 11.6 and used your Z490 Vision D Openwireless hackindrom config but with opencore 0.7.2 and got it to boot and install. It will not boot if I attempt to update to your v0.7.4 config. It starts the bootloader and immediatly crashes, reboots and goes to recovery mode. :confused:

solved the update to 0.7.4, went through all the motions again and this time it worked... I’d love to share what was missed before but I have no idea!

I wanted to stick with 10.15.7 but I cannot get the machine to boot 10.15.7 using any of the configs and 19,1.
Even if I removed all drives and use a freshly formatted ssd and the catalina installer. It starts the bootloader and immediatly crashes, reboots and goes to recovery mode. ;)

I have gotten the usb installer with catalina to boot and install with 20,2 but I think I'm experiencing IGPU problems as firefox won't launch. vlc won't play anything, some pages refused to load in safari...

*** I have just done a new clean Install with iMac 20,2 with new user of Catalina, performed all updates, and Firefox still won’t launch. VLC won’t play videos, graphic converter app crashes when I try to change the prefs for slideshow transition settings. Also noticed macOS screensaver previews for all the photo screensavers do not give me an option to preview them. ***

im going to mess around and try to get it to boot 10.15 with imac19,1.

any ideas? o_O

Last edited:
Motherboard
ASUS TUF Z390M-PRO GAMING
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
@CaseySJ, I have 2 problems,

1. I can't get the working 11.6 config on 0.7.2 I have to work when updating to 0.7.4...
  2. And I can't get catalina to work with 19,1!!!

I have managed to make a bootable usb of 11.6 and used your Z490 Vision D Openwireless hackindrom config but with opencore 0.7.2 and got it to boot and install. It will not boot if I attempt to update to your v0.7.4 config. It starts the bootloader and immediatly crashes, reboots and goes to recovery mode. :confused:

I wanted to stick with 10.15.7 but I cannot get the machine to boot 10.15.7 using any of the configs and 19,1.
Even if I removed all drives and use a freshly formatted ssd and the catalina installer. It starts the bootloader and immediatly crashes, reboots and goes to recovery mode. ;)

I have gotten the usb installer with catalina to boot and install with 20,2 but I think I'm experiencing IGPU problems as firefox won't launch. vlc won't play anything, some pages refused to load in safari...

any ideas? o_O
@ffk Your post here is what I was worried about. I'm glad BIOS F5 is available for the 1.1 board ... but. I'm wondering if this version has other differences that effectively mean this is a different board from Casey's 1.0 version. Seems odd that this board is behaving differently when following @CaseySJ 's guide. I think I will follow your progress before proceeding with the build.

Side note: I thought it was strange that Amazon (not third party seller) was selling this board for US$230 brand new! When the original was more like $280. That's why I snagged it. I called Amazon to ask about differences, but they were no help (they couldn't find either version on their website) only Vision G. I found it easily with search on their website though. Next I'll contact Gigabyte to see if they know of any differences.

ffk

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
UHD 630
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I thought it was strange that Amazon (not third party seller) was selling this board for US$230 brand new!
I believe you and I may have purchased that same board. :clap:

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R-v2.0 FF
CPU
W3680
Graphics
GTX 960
Some questions:
  • Which version of OpenCore do you currently have?
  • You can press and release CMD-V at the OpenCore Picker to enable verbosemode.
    • Then try booting the regular macOS volume.
    • A lot of log messages might fly by.
    • When the system appears to freeze, see if there's an error message, or better yet, post a photo (remove GPS location information from EXIF of photo before posting).
  • Do you have a full bootable backup disk?
    • If not, why not?
It was 0.6.8. But I have now pulled the SSD and mounted the EFI in a real Mac and used HackinDROM to update to 0.7.4 and then used OCC to enable AFPS ANY and SecureBoot Disabled.

Unfortunately, the problem persists.

I'd been examining verbose output since the problem started, but I can't see anything the would indicate why it's not booting without safe mode. Being that safe mode disables 3rd party kexts, I would suspect one of the kexts included with the Opencore setup for this board, but seeing as we all have the same kexts, and only I have the problem, I'm at a loss.

EDIT:

Ohh boy, now don't I feel silly. I have a GTX 980 in this machine which I still use sometimes for rendering etc in other OS. Somehow in the dark I'd plugged the HDMI there instead of the AMD card.

But now I'm back to the 800 x 600 OpenCanopy screen which looks ridiculous on x 2560 x 1440 display, and when there's a few drives, I can't even see them all.

Why would OpenCore display correctly on the Nvidia card, and like windows 95 on a 15" CRT on the AMD card?

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z690 Aero G
CPU
i7 12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
@CaseySJ, everyone,
Alas....That M1 Max.We have taken the plunge.
What pray tell, is the fate of our beloved Vision D/10900Ks??????

I am concerned.

Tony.

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
What pray tell, is the fate of our beloved Vision D/10900Ks?
They won't stop working just because the M1 Max is available. Keep using it.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z590 Vision D
CPU
i7-11700K OC @ 5.2GHz
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thank you for confirming!!

@spaceg, this confirms that BIOS F5 is okay to install on your Rev 1.1 board.
I have 1.1 too with f5. I never realized there was a 1.0 in the wild. Gigabyte released an f21 beta I guess for windows 11, but I haven’t tried it.