Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I don't think there is a great answer to this question, but... If my build is not one listed on the hackindrom list of builds...

Updating the OS is going to involve an opencore update and drag and drop doesn't seem to be a working option with the opencore update as the config file from 0.6.5 will most definitely not play well with 0.7.4.

1. Is there? or What is? ...the easiest way to update the EFI folder to 0.7.4 on a hack that has been running OC 0.6.5 well on 10.14.x and then 10.15.x?
  2. Do I have to build a port map for all builds using 11.3 and up? Will the configs that use USBInjectAll.kext continue to work?
My findings all seem to point to the opencore config compare for the config files, plist editor pro, and opencore configurator, and alot of back and forth comparisons...
I have a general guide for that here:

Going from OC 0.6.5 to 0.7.4 also requires replacing the Resources folder (EFI/OC/Resources). Fortunately you can download the OC 0.7.4 EFI from this thread and copy its Resources folder.

Reactions: ffk
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision G
CPU
i7-10700K
Graphics
RX 580
Hey @CaseySJ - saw you comment earlier that iStatMenus may trigger some issues due to fan control. Wondering if you have a recommendation for a good macOS hardware monitor that has no interference? I love watching what my build is up to.

Also, the Thunderbolt 3 SSDT that you made @leekh3 and I compile for our Vision G + GC-Titan Ridge cards works a dream. My UAD Apollo reconnects immediately after wake from sleep, and the annoying little 'Base System Device' icon has disappeared from my menu bar now.

Thank you again!

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey @CaseySJ - saw you comment earlier that iStatMenus may trigger some issues due to fan control. Wondering if you have a recommendation for a good macOS hardware monitor that has no interference? I love watching what my build is up to.

Also, the Thunderbolt 3 SSDT that you made @leekh3 and I compile for our Vision G + GC-Titan Ridge cards works a dream. My UAD Apollo reconnects immediately after wake from sleep, and the annoying little 'Base System Device' icon has disappeared from my menu bar now.

Thank you again!
Hello @aaronphshort,

In most cases iStatMenus should be okay. Version 6.6 was released recently and I've been using it successfully with Big Sur, but haven't tried it with Monterey.

Two alternatives are:
  • iStatistica (standard and Pro versions) from Mac App Store
    • Standard version is one-time $5.99
  • HWMonitorSMC2 from GitHub (free)

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D rev 1.1
CPU
i7-10700
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Windows 11 doesn't require Secure Boot enabled. I think, the problem with booting Windows is related to Apple-VTD. You can try my SSDT-DMAR.aml or disable Apple-VTD, if my file doesn't work either.
Nailed it... I seem to have one issue with Windows refusing to load the driver for a USB sound device now. But it booted Win10, so rock and roll using your DSDT

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D rev 1.1
CPU
i7-10700
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Windows 11 doesn't require Secure Boot enabled. I think, the problem with booting Windows is related to Apple-VTD. You can try my SSDT-DMAR.aml or disable Apple-VTD, if my file doesn't work either.

I ran the Win11 PC Health Check app, and it says TPM 2.0 must be enabled to run Windows11. There seems to be a LOT of discussion about this requirement on the interwebs. And a few "hacks" to bypass.

edit: OK, I enabled TPM 2.0 and now it appears I will get the Win11 update when it rolls out to my system.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R-v2.0 FF
CPU
W3680
Graphics
GTX 960
Shut down my hack and on power up, something very strange has happened. I now have native resolution in Opencore picker (which I was never able to get to work before) and now the system will only boot in safe mode.

I'm not sure what's happenned, but it feels like some sort of update that's laid dormant until this shutdown. The best thing to try I figure is updating to 0.7.4, or at least investigating this Secure Boot setting as I'm still on Catalina.

Problem is, I can't mount the EFI in safe mode. Not with HackindROM, or Opencore configurator, or terminal.

So, if I can't boot normally due to an config.plist misconfiguration or OpenCore is out of date, and can only boot in safe mode which doesn't allow the EFI partition to be mounted, how can I get out of this loop?

Motherboard
ASUS TUF Z390M-PRO GAMING
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I just bought the Gigabyte z490 Vision D version 1.1 board
The board listed on the Buyers Guide and @CaseySJ guide here is the original version 1.0.
I'm worried the BIOS versions might be different. Casey said to only use BIOS F5, but that is for ver 1.0.

I don't have a lot of experience with different versions of boards, so I don't know if they differ
significantly, especially for Hackintosh. Do you guys think that version 1.1 board will work the same as Casey's board? Any thoughts or advice is appreciated!!!

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Shut down my hack and on power up, something very strange has happened. I now have native resolution in Opencore picker (which I was never able to get to work before) and now the system will only boot in safe mode.

I'm not sure what's happenned, but it feels like some sort of update that's laid dormant until this shutdown. The best thing to try I figure is updating to 0.7.4, or at least investigating this Secure Boot setting as I'm still on Catalina.
Some questions:
  • Which version of OpenCore do you currently have?
  • You can press and release CMD-V at the OpenCore Picker to enable verbose mode.
    • Then try booting the regular macOS volume.
    • A lot of log messages might fly by.
    • When the system appears to freeze, see if there's an error message, or better yet, post a photo (remove GPS location information from EXIF of photo before posting).
  • Do you have a full bootable backup disk?
    • If not, why not?

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I just bought the Gigabyte z490 Vision D version 1.1 board
The board listed on the Buyers Guide and @CaseySJ guide here is the original version 1.0.
I'm worried the BIOS versions might be different. Casey said to only use BIOS F5, but that is for ver 1.0.

I don't have a lot of experience with different versions of boards, so I don't know if they differ
significantly, especially for Hackintosh. Do you guys think that version 1.1 board will work the same as Casey's board? Any thoughts or advice is appreciated!!!
Some folks have reported regular kernel panics and other nastiness with BIOS F20. Recommendation:
  • Submit a help desk ticket to Gigabyte via their website. Ask them if BIOS F5 is okay on Z490 Vision D Rev 1.1.
    • I think it should be okay, but it's absolutely best to check with Gigabyte
They should respond to you within 24-48 hours. Do let us know what they say.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i7-10700K
Graphics
RX 580
Hello guys,
What are the conditions for the wifi card to be OS and windows compatible?
The Fenvi FV-T919 card is difficult to find in France.
I have seen this card and I wonder if it can be compatible? : https://www.materiel.net/produit/201908080047.html

Thanks in advance ;)