- Nov 11, 2018
- Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
- RX 6800 XT
- Classic Mac
- Mobile Phone
It's relatively straightforward to add Thunderbolt hot plug support. Your GC-Titan Ridge will work without any changes, except for hot plug. So we need to do this:Hello @CaseySJ
I have a question. There is no available gigabyte vision D in US market now, unfortunately. I got a vision G Z490 and bought GC titan bridge separately.
It Looks like your “Modifications for Z490 Vision G” assumes that tb3 is not used.
However, I have GC titan bridge. In this case, what should I do to use GC titan bridge? Can I just skip “Modifications for Z490 Vision G”? Thank you for your time
- Install GC-Titan Ridge into a long slot.
- Connect Thunderbolt header cable to motherboard.
- In BIOS, set the following:
- Thunderbolt Support --> Enabled
- Thunderbolt Security --> No Security
- GPIO3 Force Pwr --> Enabled
- Download and run IORegistryExplorer and search for Thunderbolt
- Capture and post a screenshot of IORegistryExplorer showing the search results
- Press CMD-Shift-5 to capture screenshot; it will be saved to desktop
- Then we can provide or point you to the appropriate Thunderbolt hot plug SSDT