Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Hi @CaseySJ

Thank you for you reply.

Please see my comments below in red.

Let's try to get you up and running. Some questions:
  • Which version of macOS are you trying to install? MacOS 11.6 Big Sur
  • Have you already created the USB install disk? Yes. I followed your guide step by step.
  • Which version of OpenCore are you using? I used your attached 0.7.4 version
  • Have you downloaded the EFI folder for Z490 Vision G (not D)? Yes, I put in ACPI folder and change in config.plist.
    • Or are you using HackinDROM to download the EFI folder (using the "Create EFI" button)? No, just followed your step by step guide.
  • Have you created serial numbers in PlatformInfo? Yes, iMac19,1 using Opencore configurator
  • Which version of BIOS is installed on your Vision G? I started from F6 to F21a
  • Have you set BIOS --> Boot --> CFG-Lock --> Disabled? Yes, CFG-Lock is Disabled.

Thanks.
Let's try this:
  • Boot the system again.
  • When OpenCore Picker appears, press and release CMD-V to enable Verbose mode.
  • Then select the macOS installer icon.
  • You will see a lot of log messages fly across the screen.
  • When the activity stops (i.e. the boot process freezes) capture a photo with your smart phone, remove GPS/Location information, and post the photo.
    • Alternatively, if you see a clear error message, simply type that message verbatim.

Hello @CaseySJ

Thank you for your time. I am using this combo:

Gigabyte Vision G Z490 (bios F7.. I think it is similar to F5 of Vision D?)
RADEON RX 580 PULSE
Intel i9 10850K

I am trying to disable CSM Support. I disabled CSM support. But after reboot, it is reverted. (Go back to Enabled)

I don’t know why it happens. Is there any fix? Or any idea?

Thank you so much For your time! :)
You won't like this answer, but it might be worth going back to BIOS F6. On the other hand, is there any problem with keeping CSM Support enabled?

You won't like this answer, but it might be worth going back to BIOS F6. On the other hand, is there any problem with keeping CSM Support enabled?

You won't like this answer, but it might be worth going back to BIOS F6. On the other hand, is there any problem with keeping CSM Support enabT

Not sure it is because of that, but stuck at Apple logo. Will try using Bios F6. Thank you!!!

I noticed that the latest version of Opencore Configurator (2.51.0.0) corrupted my config.plist to the point where my SMBIOS was all screwed up. In the about this mac section, the mac model wasn’t listed, and the serial number said “unavailable.” Never saw this before.

Also for some reason, the usb map was all jacked up, and certain USB ports were loading (hs14 which is the Intel Bluetooth adapter) when these ports weren’t in the SSDT.

Luckily, I had a backup config.plist (as I always backup my EFI before updating) and was able to revert.

From here on in, I’m going to use PlistEdit Pro + OCConfigCompare to respectively edit/save my plist and compare my config.plist to the updated version of opencore, and manually add any changes in either missing variables or changed parameters (sometimes a variable might change from a string to a dictionary).

Finally, for some reason, my fenvi Bluetooth adapter on z490 stopped working in Monterey (several betas ago), but it works fine in Big Sur. But I was able to able to get it working again with the use of 3 kexts: BluetoolFixup, BRCMFirmwareRepo, and BrcmPatchRam3.

Bluetooth is back!! And my hack connects to my AirPods Pro and other devices, and handoff and so on is working well in Monterey. Not sure why this happened on z490, because on z590 I have zero problems with Fenvi, and don’t need BluetoolFixup et al.

I noticed that the latest version of Opencore Configurator (2.51.0.0) corrupted my config.plist to the point where my SMBIOS was all screwed up. In the about this mac section, the mac model wasn’t listed, and the serial number said “unavailable.” Never saw this before.

I've used OpenCore Configurator 2.51.0.0 on all 5 Hackintoshes in my signature with absolutely flawless results every time.

There's no apparent indication of a problem in these logs. Let's take a look at a screenshot of OpenCore Configurator --> Kernel. We can resize the window such that all columns are visible.

Here you go....

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-10-09 at 11.27.29 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-09 at 11.27.29 AM.png
    973.2 KB · Views: 37
Here you go....
BlueToolFixup and IntelBluetoothInjector cannot be enabled at the same time. For Big Sur and Monterey, we should disable IntelBluetoothInjector.

BlueToolFixup and IntelBluetoothInjector cannot be enabled at the same time. For Big Sur and Monterey, we should disable IntelBluetoothInjector.

Okay, did that, but no change.

At any rate, you seem busy today, and I have some things I need to do, so I'm going to shelve this for a while. I'm not a big Bluetooth user anyway, so, for now at least, I'm going to wait a while and see what new versions of the Intel Bluetooth drivers might do.

Thanks for you help and your time.

** Gigabyte Z490 Vision G (not D) Owners **
Explicit links for the Vision G have been added to the top of Post 1 as follows:​

Screen Shot 2021-10-09 at 4.09.28 PM.png

Back