Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

It claims to be USB4, so does it have Maple Ridge (JHL8540) or still Titan Ridge?
Titan ridge jhl7440. I don't know why they refer to Titan ridge as USB4. But I can confirm the thing works in both Thunderbolt mode and USB3 mode.

1633571570696.png

Last edited:
Titan ridge jhl7440. I don't know why they refer to Titan ridge as USB4. But I can confirm the thing works in both Thunderbolt mode and USB3 mode.
I have one of those. Its Tahini Creek.

Screen Shot 2021-10-06 at 9.44.53 PM.png

morning!
I just tried the 2.0 version of openIntelwireless drivers and I'm really happy; not totally but ...
I noticed a big jump in performances of wi-fi speed; they added support for 802.11AC protocol and more so max download speed reached 419Mbps from 114 and upload 65Mbps from 42
In attach my speed test.
Airdrop still doesn't works; this is my only disappointment

Attachments

• new.jpg
    new.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 49
  • oldopen.jpg
    oldopen.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
morning!
I just tried the 2.0 version of openIntelwireless drivers and I'm really happy; not totally but ...
I noticed a big jump in performances of wi-fi speed; they added support for 802.11AC protocol and more so max download speed reached 419Mbps from 114 and upload 65Mbps from 42
In attach my speed test.
Airdrop still doesn't works; this is my only disappointment
I agree, but from time to time it still drops the connection. At least on my hack

Hi all,

I am unable to update to Monterey Beta 9, but it turns out, both of my machines have actually not updated after beta 6. I keep needing to reinstall the profile. It then downloads the update. The update seems to work. The machine restarts several times and when it finally "finishes" the install, it is not updated. I'm stuck on version 12.0 Beta (21A5506j) which is Beta 6. Im am on opencore 7.3 using Casey's EFI with the only modification of iMac Pro 1,1 and boot time on my Vision D. The other machine is a Gaming M with a completely different EFI. Both machines act the same way. I have reset NVRAM. Tried installing on a separate hard drive which fails to complete. Just keeps rebooting. Any Ideas? I can't find anything on the internet that quite fits this scenario.

Hi all,

I am unable to update to Monterey Beta 9, but it turns out, both of my machines have actually not updated after beta 6. I keep needing to reinstall the profile. It then downloads the update. The update seems to work. The machine restarts several times and when it finally "finishes" the install, it is not updated. I'm stuck on version 12.0 Beta (21A5506j) which is Beta 6. Im am on opencore 7.3 using Casey's EFI with the only modification of iMac Pro 1,1 and boot time on my Vision D. The other machine is a Gaming M with a completely different EFI. Both machines act the same way. I have rest NVRAM. Tried installing on a separate hard drive which fails to complete. Just keeps rebooting. Any Ideas? I can't find anything on the internet that quite fits this scenario.
OpenCore 0.7.4 is required for installing Monterey Public Beta builds 7, 8, 9, and on. This is due to newly added support in 0.7.4 for "large BaseSystem", which is the single biggest component of the macOS installer package.

Straightforward update to Public Beta 9:
Screen Shot 2021-10-07 at 11.16.41 AM.png

Last edited:
Hi all,

I am unable to update to Monterey Beta 9, but it turns out, both of my machines have actually not updated after beta 6. I keep needing to reinstall the profile. It then downloads the update. The update seems to work. The machine restarts several times and when it finally "finishes" the install, it is not updated. I'm stuck on version 12.0 Beta (21A5506j) which is Beta 6. Im am on opencore 7.3 using Casey's EFI with the only modification of iMac Pro 1,1 and boot time on my Vision D. The other machine is a Gaming M with a completely different EFI. Both machines act the same way. I have reset NVRAM. Tried installing on a separate hard drive which fails to complete. Just keeps rebooting. Any Ideas? I can't find anything on the internet that quite fits this scenario.
OC 0.7.4 fixes the issues with the Monterey Beta updates as Casey has advised.

There were also issues with Monterey and the SecureBootModel flag, (some people used a workaround of ‘j160’) but the release version of OC 0.7.4 fixed the issues.

Hi Casey,

Reporting back with some problems. After almost a year of a smooth sailing, I have lost some control over my keyboard and the mouse.
While working flawlessly under MacOS, I cannot any longer press DEL or F12 to access the BIOS on the start, nor can I move the mouse in the Open Core menu (the keyboard works though). The boot process takes me straight to the open core menu every time.

This happened after upgrading from 0.7.2 to 0.7.3 while using the HakinDROM process.
Keyboard: MX Keys Wireless Logitech
Mouse: Wireless Mouse MX Master
MacOS 11.5.1
Open Core 0.7.4

Would really appreciate some pointers (again).

Thank you for your hard work.

OC 0.7.4 fixes the issues with the Monterey Beta updates as Casey has advised.

There were also issues with Monterey and the SecureBootModel flag, (some people used a workaround of ‘j160’) but the release version of OC 0.7.4 fixed the issues.
Thanks All, that worked! Long install.

Back