Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Yes I agree with that strategy.

Another word of caution: It's good to connect the computer to a UPS (uninterruptible power supply) so that any power blackout or brownout during BIOS update does not brick the motherboard.
Especially in Cambodia ! :cool:

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10600K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Finally I replace my crashing 5700 XT by a 3060 Ti (for gaming).
I'm running Big Sur without acceleration. :thumbdown
I want to use the discrete with Windows and the Intel iGPU with Big Sur.
Before changing EFI files (I'm using AMD config.plist), I'm trying to boot using two cables: HDMI for macOS, DisplayPort for w10.
I updated my BIOS to F20 (for Resize-Bar), but can't see the BIOS using the HDMI (iGPU).
With the F20 BIOS, the iGPU option are limited to auto, enable, disable and can't select initial graphics card.
Any idea?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i7-10700K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Yes I agree with that strategy.

Another word of caution: It's good to connect the computer to a UPS (uninterruptible power supply) so that any power blackout or brownout during BIOS update does not brick the motherboard.

On the road again :)
To make a long story short:
- I finally managed to install Win 10 and THEN upgrade to Win 11 on my SATA HD, as I was a bit reluctant to move my BIOS to F20 and then back to 5.
- Win 11 was so slow to install and run on SATA HD (my generation just recently moved to SSD and HD has been the "standard" for so many years...)
- Therefore I decided to dismantle everything again and did the install again on a small 2'5 SSD.
- Everything is now running smoothly !
- The only "problem :) " is that I no longer have any SATA line available as Monterey is running on a NVMe, Win 11 on a SATA SSD and I have 4 HDs for storage.

Once again thanks you so much @CaseySJ for your invaluable time and advice.
I now wait for HackinDROM to be properly updated to move to OC 0.73 !

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z690 Aero G
CPU
i9 12900K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Tony,

For your use case is it technically necessary to use a television, or can a computer monitor do the job as well? Also, just as an experiment, have you tried connecting a computer monitor in place of the TV to see if the same high-GPU usage problem still occurs?
@CaseySJ, The real estate is needed (55 or 65”), since we are scoring feature movies and other visual packages.
A few years back, we acquired a Samsung 49” monitor which although quite large for a computer monitor, seemed inadequate.

I have not tried an additional computer monitor on this particular video card. I will attempt today and report.

What are your thoughts on a second installed video card? This, just for the television. I have removed the Fenvi. An Asus 5700 XT is the only Pci card installed.

Also, we have updated. The system has a clean install of Big Sur and OC 0.7.2.

Tony.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@CaseySJ, The real estate is needed (55 or 65”), since we are scoring feature movies and other visual packages.
A few years back, we acquired a Samsung 49” monitor which although quite large for a computer monitor, seemed inadequate.

I have not tried an additional computer monitor on this particular video card. I will attempt today and report.

What are your thoughts on a second installed video card? This, just for the television. I have removed the Fenvi. An Asus 5700 XT is the only Pci card installed.

Also, we have updated. The system has a clean install of Big Sur and OC 0.7.2.

Tony.
One more quick comment: Is Deep Color (HDR) enabled on the TV? If so, we should disable that mode and see what happens.