Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

I have orded a BMD decklink
BM Decklink Mini Monitor 4k (internal PCIE card) here.

Works

Sometimes after a cold boot needs a restart (the BM software control panel doesnt show hw present in the case of not working)

I would like to confirm an observation that has already been previously mentioned and that is with regards to the difficulty booting into Windows after updating to the recent OpenCore configuration which allows for AppleVTD. I just upgraded to OpenCore 0.7.2 from my original installation using 0.6.7 and experienced the same blank screen when selecting Windows in the OpenCore menu. Simply enabling VT-d in the BIOS fixed the problem. I did not have to undo the other settings which allow for AppleVTD. I humbly suggest that maybe mention should be made of this in the original installation guide as it still reads that VT-d should be disabled. This would be extremely helpful to any newcomers or to someone that only infrequently follows this thread.
Simply enabling VT-d in the BIOS did not fix the problem on my computer. I do not know which of the other settings that allow for AppleVTD have to be unset but with all 3 unset I was able to boot Windows again.

Simply enabling VT-d in the BIOS did not fix the problem on my computer. I do not know which of the other settings that allow for AppleVTD have to be unset but with all 3 unset I was able to boot Windows again.
Just curious, is your Windows OS installed on a separate drive? Mine is. What exactly are you experiencing when you attempt to load Windows? Blank screen or something else? I assume you are using Windows 10?

Just curious, is your Windows OS installed on a separate drive? Mine is. What exactly are you experiencing when you attempt to load Windows? Blank screen or something else?
Yes, Windows is installed on a separate drive (Sabrent NVMe SSD next to graphics card). Black screen and after a minute or so shut down.

Yes, Windows is installed on a separate drive (Sabrent NVMe SSD next to graphics card). Black screen and after a minute or so shut down.
Mine did not shut down but just would hang. I guess there must be something different about our systems that explains the difference but I'm not knowledgable enough to know what that is.

Mine did not shut down but just would hang. I guess there must be something different about our systems that explains the difference but I'm not knowledgable enough to know what that is.
I am using the latest BIOS F20.

BM Decklink Mini Monitor 4k (internal PCIE card) here.

Works

Sometimes after a cold boot needs a restart (the BM software control panel doesnt show hw present in the case of not working)
@qbe, that is great to know. We received a capture rather than a playout decklink. Purchasing was not specific, our error.
Corrected order should arrive by Monday.

Tony

@qbe, that is great to know. We received a capture rather than a playout decklink. Purchasing was not specific, our error.
Corrected order should arrive by Monday.

Tony
Tony,

For your use case is it technically necessary to use a television, or can a computer monitor do the job as well? Also, just as an experiment, have you tried connecting a computer monitor in place of the TV to see if the same high-GPU usage problem still occurs?

Are you installing Windows 11 on an internal NVMe SSD or a SATA 2.5” SSD? If macOS is on NVMe, then you should be able to install Windows on 2.5” SATA SSD without having to remove macOS NVMe SSD. That’s what I described in my post.

After that it may be possible to clone Windows from the SATA SSD to a NVMe SSD, but it’s best to check a Windows forum or Google for good suggestions on cloning Windows disks.

I LOVE hackintosh :)
I removed NVMe and try to install Win 11 on one of my SATA HD. Same issue, unable to reboot at the end of the 1st stage.
I suspected my USB key preparation to be maybe wrong and did another one with a different method following that "tutorial" (Terminal OSX part, not presales software). All went smoothly.
While rebooting, I noticed on the BIOS menu that I get 2 EFI on the USB key, only one leading to the install Windows menu.
The 2nd EFI proposed drive me again to the OC menu.
Unfortunately booting on the correct EFI leads to the same conclusion: Failed to prepare the reboot at the end of the 1st installation stage.

Do you remember having 2 EFI booting form your Win11 USB install key or not?
I don't have any other idea yet... :(

Attachments

• viber_image_2021-09-10_05-54-27-244.jpg
    viber_image_2021-09-10_05-54-27-244.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 30
Back