Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

It's something to do with the Tonymacx86 tag. Remove it from the end of the link and you get the US site, otherwise Amazon tries to connect with a UK equivalent product and invariably gets it wrong.

In the UK store it's at:

However, only available from the Amazon EU store £206.79 inc import fee deposit.

I've bought from the EU store before. It's fine. Just takes longer to arrive.
ahh ok! yes that works! only 12 in stock :)

Thank you so much! This is exactly the confirmation I was looking for. Placing an order today for two Vision G boards.
After macOS installation add boot flag igfxonln=1 to your config.plist to fix a monitor not waking up after sleep (I mean display sleep, not system sleep).
FYI, you can use last BIOS version F20, it works well for me.

I have to ask the same questions I ask every time a problem of this type is reported:
  • Which version of macOS are you running?
  • When did the problem first occur?
  • What changes were made around that time?
  • Are you using Broadcom WiFi/BT or Intel WiFi/BT?
  • What steps have been taken so far to troubleshoot or isolate the problem?

My apology, I know better than to just blindly post with issues

Running 11.5.2
The problem has been ongoing since building the machine several weeks ago. I didn't start saving the problem reports until recently though, in an attempt to figure it out. Not sure if they provide any clues though.
Broadcom WiFi/BT
The intermittency of it all has made it difficult to troubleshoot. The only thing I have done so far is reinstall OC, create a fresh config.plist based on the guide and added SSDT-UIAC-VISION-G-V3.aml

My apology, I know better than to just blindly post with issues

Running 11.5.2
The problem has been ongoing since building the machine several weeks ago. I didn't start saving the problem reports until recently though, in an attempt to figure it out. Not sure if they provide any clues though.
Broadcom WiFi/BT
The intermittency of it all has made it difficult to troubleshoot. The only thing I have done so far is reinstall OC, create a fresh config.plist based on the guide and added SSDT-UIAC-VISION-G-V3.aml
  • Some NVMe SSDs have been known to cause spurious panics. One quick test would be to disable NVMeFix.kext in the Kernel section of config.plist.
    • By the way, what is the make/model of your NVMe SSD?
  • Also uncheck XhciPortLimit.
  • Then reboot and see if it's any better.
Screen Shot 2021-08-31 at 6.18.07 PM.png

• Some NVMe SSDs have been known to cause spurious panics. One quick test would be to disable NVMeFix.kext in the Kernel section of config.plist.
    • By the way, what is the make/model of your NVMe SSD?
  • Also uncheck XhciPortLimit.
  • Then reboot and see if it's any better.
Thank you, I will give that a shot and report back.
The NVMe SSD is a 1TB Sabrent Rocket

Great! Thanks, @CaseySJ. The OpenCore schema errors are resolved. It was due to an incorrect file update transfer between older OpenCore versions I had.

This is the sample photo of my AMD 6900 GPU in PCI slot 0,1 and lane x16. When I delete and re add the device property for slot (0,1) GPU, it fills the model name with "???". I just swapped the old graphics card and sold it. I replaced it with AMD 6900 and the device properties doesn't recognize the model for some strange reason. I really don't want to wipe my entire M.2 SSD just to do a fresh install to see if that fixes the issue. This is just my opinion, but, when I changed and kept all the config file, the same after changing the GPU graphic card worked like a charm. But it just doesn't seem to be picked up by system device properties correctly. It is supported by Apple. It's a reference model no 3rd party vendor...
In this particular case, DeviceProperties are only cosmetic. Because macOS recognizes the card properly, it is okay to delete its device properties from config.plist.

The download started normally on my Z490 Vision D with SecureBootModel set to Disabled.

Because I'm stuck with data-capped satellite Internet, I only use iCloud with Contacts, and Calendars. I routinely stay logged out of iCloud.

My experience installing the Monterey public betas on both hackintoshes and Macs seems that the appearance of the updates in Software Update depends on whether or not I am logged into iCloud.

In some cases, if the update did not initially appear, if I logged into iCloud, the beta update then appeared. There may be no relationship with iCloud, but it seemed to work for me. (Or maybe it was just the repeated opening of the Software Update pane that eventually connected with the update server.)

Back