Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

@CaseySJ , thank you very much for your help. I have installed Catalina. All devices are available and working, but there are strange problems.
1. When you open a page in a browser, it appears for one second and immediately disappears (screen attached). At the same time, the Internet works fine and I was able to update to version 10.15.7
I noticed that the google.com page opens normally. But almost all other pages cannot open.
Some questions:
  • Is this happening with Safari only or also with Firefox?
  • What message do you see in Safari with the page disappears? Does it say something to the effect that there was a problem opening the page and it has been reloaded?
  • Is this a fresh, clean installation of Catalina, or an in-place upgrade from Mojave or High Sierra?
  • Was Migration Assistant used to transfer files and applications from old system to new system?
  • Have you tried fully clearing all Safari caches?
There are some articles on the web such as:

2. Video screen capture does not work. After pressing the record button, the record icon appears for a second and disappears.
I have the assembly installed OC-072-Intel-Wireless-VISION-D
Not sure about this. If you're familiar with VideoProc, try downloading and running a trial version. Click Setting then Options and see if H264 and HEVC are both enabled.

Screen Shot 2021-08-30 at 5.09.31 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-08-30 at 5.09.37 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-08-30 at 5.09.41 AM.png

Just out of curiosity, how did you find your 5000/6000 graphics card? I'm looking on AMD's site, and the cards there at the 6900/6800 series only, priced at an arm and a leg.

yu
  • Is this happening with Safari only or also with Firefox?
  • What message do you see in Safari with the page disappears? Does it say something to the effect that there was a problem opening the page and it has been reloaded?
  • Is this a fresh, clean installation of Catalina, or an in-place upgrade from Mojave or High Sierra?
  • Was Migration Assistant used to transfer files and applications from old system to new system?
  • Have you tried fully clearing all Safari caches?
1. Installed Firefox, at startup it displays a message about the emergency message of the work. Installed Google Crome, it works fine, opens all pages.
2. This web page reloaded because a problem occurred.
3. Clean installation of Catalina 10.15.4 -> update 10.15.7. Problems appeared immediately after installing 10.15.4
4. No
5. Yes, it doesn't help.
6. Hardware video acceleration works

Interestingly, in safari, page apple.com falls, and page apple.com/ru opens normally.
I have been using hackintosh on a Intel DH77DF for 6 years. Installed High-Sierra, and Clover bootloader. There are no problems with Safari.
I really need Safari, all my passwords are synchronized in it. On the Catalina virtual machine running in High Sierra, I have no problems with Safari.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-08-30 at 15.32.49.png
    Screenshot 2021-08-30 at 15.32.49.png
    137.2 KB · Views: 36
Just out of curiosity, how did you find your 5000/6000 graphics card? I'm looking on AMD's site, and the cards there at the 6900/6800 series only, priced at an arm and a leg.

Plenty of 6700XTs (£650 upwards) & 6600 XTs (£430 upwards) in the UK on the usual sites. Given the current climate that isn't too bad for us. As usual, we are ripped off with the exchange rate of $1=£1 on computer gear :-X. Way more than they MSRP though :thumbdown.

Plenty of 6700XTs (£650 upwards) & 6600 XTs (£430 upwards) in the UK on the usual sites. Given the current climate that isn't too bad for us. As usual, we are ripped off with the exchange rate of $1=£1 on computer gear :-X. Way more than they MSRP though :thumbdown.
If these are not yet supported by macOS yet, what other Graphics Card options are there?

I can't seem to get my hands on anything macOS compatible at a reasonable price. RX570, RX580, 5700XT, etc., are a ridiculous price on eBay.

@CaseySJ,
Conducted experiments on my installation. Version 0.7.2 works fine. Version 0.7.2 of Intel Wireless leads to the problems I mentioned above. I tried to disable all Wireless modules and changed the config file to the settings of the regular version 0.7.2, but the problems persist. But when I manually added Wireless to the regular version, everything worked fine. Only the Wifi with the Catalina update stopped working.
Maybe you will be interested to see, in the application I added a working and non-working configuration with the same settings made in the configurator. Perhaps not all settings are displayed in it?
Anyway, thank you so much for your work. It's great!

I have a GTX 1080Ti, is there any opportunity to use your assembly to work with the High-Sierra?
I tried to change the processor mask to EA060800 00000000 00000000 00000000 - FFFFFFFF 00000000 00000000 00000000 and changed AAPL, ig-platform-id to 03009BC5 , device-id to 9BC50000 . High-Sierra could not boot

ps I use machine translation, sorry for any inaccuracies.

Attachments

• EFI-072-work.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 46
  • EFI-072-intel-wireless-noWork.zip
    61.2 MB · Views: 36
I have a question with regards to the Vision G. I currently have a wonderful working Vision D hack (thanks CaseyJ!) and want to build another. Given that Vision G boards are still available, I am thinking of purchasing one for my next build. This build will not not require Thunderbolt for now. My main concern is whether I will be able to drive a 4K display using iGPU. I'm planning on using another i9-10850K. I know that an AMD GPU is recommended, but I have been using the iGPU on my Vision D build without any problems. The prices for these cards are also currently outrageous.

My main concern is whether I will be able to drive a 4K display using iGPU. I'm planning on using another i9-10850K. I know that an AMD GPU is recommended, but I have been using the iGPU on my Vision D build without any problems.
The iGPU will perform exactly the same on a Vision G as it does on your Vision D. If 4K works well on your current system expect the same on a new Vision G build with a 10850K.

The iGPU will perform exactly the same on a Vision G as it does on your Vision D. If 4K works well on your current system expect the same on a new Vision G build with a 10850K.

This is great to hear. One additional question, what port will I be using? DisplayPort? On my Vision D, I use the Thunderbolt port using the recommended USB-C to DisplayPort Cable. The Vision G does have a USB-C port, but I don't know if it is capable of outputting graphics.

Last edited:
Back