Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Hello! I am reading this topic, I decided to build a computer on this board. I do everything according to the instructions from the first message and the assembly OC-072-Intel-Wireless-VISION-D. Installed bios F5D. I'm trying to install Catalina, but I can't. After starting the installation, I get an error message. I dance with a tambourine all day, but there is no result. I tried to put High-Sierra from this topic. Installation was successful, but I cannot enable hardware video acceleration and network cards.
Help me please!
Hello @marth,

Have you disabled CFG-Lock in BIOS?

Hello @marth,

Have you disabled CFG-Lock in BIOS?
Hello CaseySJ! Thanks for the answer. Yes, this is disabled. I also reset the nvram and tried version OC 0.6.9

Maybe I don't have the correct version of the Catalina installer (15.1.0). I'll try to download a fresher one (if that's the case)

Hi @CaseySJ

First of all thanks for your outstanding work in this thread.

I'm thinking about upgrading my OLD hackintosh build to the closest possible variation of your build. But considering the current GPU prices I'd prefer to keep my old GTX 780 for light gaming on Windows. Do the old 700 series Nvidia cards still work on MacOS 11? Or is it advised to just use the iGPU instead with the Hackintosh?
If it does work, would the WhateverGreen kext also work with the Nvidia card or do they require a different kext?

I would be using something along the lines of:

i5 10600k
Gigabyte Z490 Vision G (D isn't available unfortunately)
GTX 780

Thanks in advance!

Hello CaseySJ! Thanks for the answer. Yes, this is disabled. I also reset the nvram and tried version OC 0.6.9

Maybe I don't have the correct version of the Catalina installer (15.1.0). I'll try to download a fresher one (if that's the case)
Three more suggestions:
  1. Try the attached config.plist in which I've added Cpu1Data and Cpu1Mask
  2. Try changing SecureBootModel to Disabled instead of j137
  3. Try BIOS F5 instead of F5D

Attachments

• config.plist
    31.6 KB · Views: 30
Hi @CaseySJ

First of all thanks for your outstanding work in this thread.

I'm thinking about upgrading my OLD hackintosh build to the closest possible variation of your build. But considering the current GPU prices I'd prefer to keep my old GTX 780 for light gaming on Windows. Do the old 700 series Nvidia cards still work on MacOS 11? Or is it advised to just use the iGPU instead with the Hackintosh?
If it does work, would the WhateverGreen kext also work with the Nvidia card or do they require a different kext?

I would be using something along the lines of:

i5 10600k
Gigabyte Z490 Vision G (D isn't available unfortunately)
GTX 780

Thanks in advance!
Hello @Rainmaker07,

Fortunately the Nvidia GTX 780 will continue to work. It is better to use the GTX 780 over the iGPU. The latest WhateverGreen will also work just fine.

Luckily the Z490 Vision G is still available. Good to grab one before it's gone!

Three more suggestions:
  1. Попробуйте прикрепленный config.plist, в который я добавил Cpu1Data и Cpu1Mask
  2. Попробуйте изменить SecureBootModel на Disabled вместо j137
  3. Попробуйте BIOS F5 вместо F5D
You are a magician! With your configuration file, the installation of Catalina has begun. I wonder why this is so? Is it my processor i9-10850k?

Hi:
I'm testing a powercolor red devil 6600 xt (my 5700xt crashes randomly in macos and w10 and i'm tired...).
Big Sur boots well but no GPU acceleration.
Other big navi gpu works perfectly (6900, 6800)
Any idea how to fix?

Thanks!

Hi:
I'm testing a powercolor red devil 6600 xt (my 5700xt crashes randomly in macos and w10 and i'm tired...).
Big Sur boots well but no GPU acceleration.
Other big navi gpu works perfectly (6900, 6800)
Any idea how to fix?

Thanks!
Unfortunately the 6600 XT and 6700 XT are not yet supported by macOS. They will operate in non-accelerated “VGA” mode until Apple introduces driver support. We hope this will happen in Monterey (and maybe Big Sur), but no guarantees.

Unfortunately the 6600 XT and 6700 XT are not yet supported by macOS. They will operate in non-accelerated “VGA” mode until Apple introduces driver support. We hope this will happen in Monterey (and maybe Big Sur), but no guarantees.
Thanks, @CaseySJ

Three more suggestions:
  1. Try the attached config.plist in which I've added Cpu1Data and Cpu1Mask
  2. Try changing SecureBootModel to Disabled instead of j137
  3. Try BIOS F5 instead of F5D
@CaseySJ , thank you very much for your help. I have installed Catalina. All devices are available and working, but there are strange problems.
1. When you open a page in a browser, it appears for one second and immediately disappears (screen attached). At the same time, the Internet works fine and I was able to update to version 10.15.7
I noticed that the google.com page opens normally. But almost all other pages cannot open.
2. Video screen capture does not work. After pressing the record button, the record icon appears for a second and disappears.
I have the assembly installed OC-072-Intel-Wireless-VISION-D

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-08-30 at 13.45.26.png
    Screenshot 2021-08-30 at 13.45.26.png
    111.4 KB · Views: 57
  • Screenshot 2021-08-30 at 13.45.54.png
    Screenshot 2021-08-30 at 13.45.54.png
    126.1 KB · Views: 42
Back